DJ says he doesn’t care about superfight against TJ.Would rather fight Pettis,Torres,Horiguchi

100% true. But the UFC probably don't want to pay a fortune to a guy who has been a promotional deadweight to them. Anyway, I seem to recall that DJ asked for a contract with guaranteed money/no PPV points, and got it. Maybe it's been changed, but that was certainly the situation in 2016 when I heard him discussing it.
After the whole DJ/TJ incident where he ended up fighting Borg, he got his deal restructured to include PPV points. After that got done he seemed more willing to take the TJ bout as long as it was on a big PPV.

So who knows. I felt like it was close to happening, then he got surgery, and now I don't know anymore. Hoping after the post conferences we're provided some more clarity.

Last edited:
Sounds like DJ got a plan for when the UFC finally close the 125 division for good.

Can't say I'll be sad when it's gone, DJ vs TJ has been the only fight I've been interested in, and by the sound of things, it's never gonna happen.

Is normal...for Mighty Manlet.

With all the shit he's gotten out of late, I'd go full heel too and tell them to fuck off and not fight TJ just to piss them off.

Horiguchi may not be as good as TJ, but, he’s pretty much as close to that as you can get in terms of a quality opponent/win in the world of MMA right now. He’s looked remarkable since he left the UFC.

Even in the UFC, he looked amazing. He was rushed to that title shot with MM. I really hope we do get a rematch.

Pay the fucking man Jesus Christ. He’s willing to do it

Reading this thread it's amazing how many people still dont understand that TJ is WILLING TO COME DOWN TO HIS OWN WEIGHT CLASS

What is a champion that wont fight the best person by miles in his weight class?

Not a champion

He wants to fight Jose Torres....Torres won his debut by default imo. Brooks was handling him, picked him up and went for a flashy slam and ko'd himself.
Torres is 8-0 but what has he done to warrant a DJ fight?

Bad move by DJ, the only fight people are interested in seeing him fight is against TJ. Nobody will care about your records if you duck this fight, even if you lose it would be better for you brand than ducking and remaining undefeated at 125.

You're right.

Well the most reasonable offer I heard DJ say, was on Ariel's show, where he said he'd take the fight as long as it's on a big card where the PPV points will matter.

Considering fighters like Joanna and Tyron have gotten that treatment (being put on Conor cards), I don't think it's unreasonable to do the same with DJ. Put him on DC vs. Brock. Everyone gets paid. Done.

Well, MM would decrease the buys. A DC/Brawk PPV would have all 5 five fights be watchable. Sticking Mouse on there would make people crinkle their noses and not want to watch. MM is a negative draw.

The interview he did with Fox sports was really interesting. Completely dismissive of the superfight prospects, even when DC presses him.

Not dismissive. Basically just saying, "pay me"

Man fuck DC and Florian. What shills. Just continue to pester the guy after he answers a question by trying to ask him the same one 15 different ways

Promoters promote those who promote themselves.
Well then I think he does promote himself. He has a big following on twitch and he does lots of metro pcs commercials. If by promote you mean talking shit then idk what to tell you

DJ is obviously terrified...or he just remembers that its prize fighting and that he has leverage there on an organization which trashed him when he did not do exactly what they wanted. And stop saying he only beats cans, cejudo, benavidez or dodson scalps are here to prove it.

Back