DJ and Garbrant were the exact same weight on fight day

Those are some tiny dudes, lol.

Weight cutting is such a loophole that it's mind boggling they allow it. Majority of fighters couldn't even make the next weight class up without cutting....thats how ridiculous it is.

Why are we so up and arms about fighters taking drugs that enhancement their performance when you have guys doing dangerous things like dehydrating themselves in order to circumvent the entire point of weight class which is to match fighters of similar size against each other. You're basically having 2 dangerous outcomes with weight cutting. 1.) A fighter can die doing it. 2) You are potentially putting one person with a significant size advantage against another person.

I say 11% ,maybe 12% is right to set re-weight in limits. 11 or 11.5 really
and how 10% is way too low would force almost everyone to move up

If you look at guys with good performance output
TJ, Simone, Munhoz you see this is good for fans and promoters too.......

IE 11-12% gets high output, 15% gets gassed fighters rd 3 and less exciting

Last edited:
I have a hard time seeing TJ make FLW. He does not look like a small BW at all and if he’s about 150lbs after hydrating I would think his normal walking around weight is in the mid 150s at the least. That would be a big weight cut unless he took some time to lose some muscle mass as I don’t think a straight up water cut to 125lbs would be healthy at all.

Back