DIY Home Projects—Handy folks GTFIH

I like that, and like your firepit. I also managed to put a couple of firepits together but I have no pics and I had full instructions so they didn't take too long.

What I've mainly done is upcyling with painting furniture I've been bored with and changed knobs and stuff out. I have a thing about turquoise and white furniture. I used to have fun with that. Used to keep me busy when I wasn't allowed to work.

I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere.

Adding a dog to any back yard is a definite upgrade. It all looks sharp and clean. Nice.

Anytime I need anything fixed around the house I just give the wife's boyfriend a ring and it gets taken care of.

Redoing our cabinets is on my list. I need to install hardware too. The damage is scratches from my wife's & MIL'S fingernails when opening doors & drawers. Currently a dark blie/gray. Going with a new color but haven't picked one out yet.
I read that as bile gray. Bold colour pallete! Lol

Tits on fire? WTF, was talking about being bored and changing knobs... or is that some euphemism?
Oh come on, you can't call me out and not realise that a "couple of firepits" can't be construed as two tits and not assume I wouldn't think that.

Oh come on, you can't call me out and not realise that a "couple of firepits" can't be construed as two tits and not assume I wouldn't think that.

Well I did bold the "changing knobs" bit in the quote...

Supposed to say blue. <45>Will update.
Lol. Figured as much. Having an artsy sister who's pulled off what I thought would have been nausea inducing combos I wasn't gonna judge.

Lol. Figured as much. Having an artsy sister who's pulled off what I thought would have been nausea inducing combos I wasn't gonna judge.

Your sister pulled off nausea inducing combo's? What like a midget and a clown?

Do any of you guys build and create things in or for your home? DIYers: in this thread share some projects or pics of projects you have done during the pandemic or before. I decided to spruce up my deck and shed and build a fire pit area. Nothing is perfect but I didn’t have to pay anyone and chicks dig guys who use power tools and build shit.

View attachment 853673
Redid my deck, added metal spindles, used corrugated tin to skirt it, stained, added dog. Built accent wall on old boring shed. Built a bench, and fire pit area.
View attachment 853674 View attachment 853676

Fantastic work DIY stuff is sometimes very stressful and more costly then expected but rewarding. Keep it up I remodeled multi-family houses with new all room remodeling all bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens, closets.

Did it part time over nearly a decade and cost me huge sums living time a poor man. I started it because I got a quote of 15 grand at least for a bathroom remodel.

Here a bathroom that cost me around 4,000 for materials vs 15k plus with no certainty about final price.

Here is one of the 3 bathroom remodels. Leveled floor,, new tiled floor, showers, bathtubs, sinks, toilet lighting, plumbing.

full

Bedroom remodeled. New flooring, replaced windows, remodeled closet an painted.

full

Last edited:
Your sister pulled off nausea inducing combo's? What like a midget and a clown?
Liver, liver, testicles, frying pan to the noggin. That was on her ex husband. Pumpkin and light green colour combo as far as painting her dining room.

Hey, I'm home sick... I'm nowhere near drunk enough for this. I do have some nice bottles of red out the back though...
Homesick for where? And nifty idea getting me round "the back" with the intention of luring me in with wine :D After my day today I'm already imbibing.

Homesick for where? And nifty idea getting me round "the back" with the intention of luring me in with wine :D After my day today I'm already imbibing.

I start work at 07:45, by 10am I already had a headache, by 11:45 I felt nauseous, by 12:00 I had said, screw this, I'm going home.

It's 15:10 and I'm about to grab my third glass of liquid painkiller.

I start work at 07:45, by 10am I already had a headache, by 11:45 I felt nauseous, by 12:00 I had said, screw this, I'm going home.

P.S homesick for being anywhere but my bloody home... I really miss travel :-(

P.P.S that was supposed to be an edit not a quote.

Hear ya. I'm doing 12 hour days at the moment 6 days a week. When I've been in for an hour at 7AM I'm wishing I could strangle someone if I had the strength. By the time 9AM comes I'm nearly edging out the door wishing I could go to the store and start day drinking.
Edit: I start at 7AM.

Hear ya. I'm doing 12 hour days at the moment 6 days a week. When I've been in for an hour at 7AM I'm wishing I could strangle someone if I had the strength. By the time 9AM comes I'm nearly edging out the door wishing I could go to the store and start day drinking.
Edit: I start at 7AM.

It really sucks, I love what I do but some recent changes of management mean I am totally over it. Now I'm just seeing how much fucking with people I can actually get away with before they terminate my contract. If it wasn't for the fact this pays over 30 an hour more than I would get elsewhere I'd have quit by now.

Probably a good thing I got sick, totally over it currently.

Back