Diving/faking needs to be dealt with harsher

Flopping is more frequent in basketball than it is in soccer
tenor.gif

Anybody who regularly watches both sports would agree with me.
I don't watch college basketball so I can't speak on that, but the EuroLeague is arguably even worse than the NBA for flopping.
tenor.gif

Flopping is more frequent in basketball than it is in soccer, and that's been true for decades now. Guys like Bill Laimbeer, Vlade Divac and Robert Horry were expert floppers.
If you look at the big 6 teams in the Premier League, the only starter with a reputation for flopping is Dele Alli. That's 1 out of 66 players.

Brudo Fernandes begs to differ. And I'm a United fan lol.

First I’ve read of this, bad ref call. Shit happens I’ve seen that ref deal with MANY nut shots. Think he was part of the event where the majority of headliners ate Deez.

great ref, big whoops.

Brudo Fernandes begs to differ. And I'm a United fan lol.

The 2014 NBA Champs literally had a majority of their starting line-up regularly flopping: Parker, Diaw and Ginobili.

"I don't watch soccer because there's too much flopping"
How do you even know how much flopping occurs in soccer if you never watch it?

He's 100% correct.
There's tons of embellishing in Soccer because the field is huge and they want to draw attention to fouls, but actual phantom "flopping" happens way more in basketball.

nothing I hate more than in the nba some guy hitting the deck because the defender touched his hand.

this is another reason I think LeBron will never be considered the goat. nobody wants to give that honor to someone who is such a bitch on the court

nothing I hate more than in the nba some guy hitting the deck because the defender touched his hand.

this is another reason I think LeBron will never be considered the goat. nobody wants to give that honor to someone who is such a bitch on the court
Could you imagine the Bad Boys of Detroit era and that team along with eternally pissed off Barkley and others playing against Lebron and other floppers?

They might lose but the guys will be waking up battered and bruised.

Nobody who watched yesterday's Heat-Celtics game can honestly tell me that flopping is worse in soccer than basketball.

Guys simulate a shooting motion with no actual intention of scoring, they're just looking for contact so they can win free throws.

Last edited:
Should be an auto fine + 10 game suspension unpaid.

Could you imagine the Bad Boys of Detroit era and that team along with eternally pissed off Barkley and others playing against Lebron and other floppers?

Lol. Have you actually watched basketball from the 80s, or just spout the narrative you've been told all along? The league wasn't some brutal hockey style sport. It was as tame as today. Can you imagine little Isaiah trying to body up 6'8 260 pound Lebron? Tyler Hansbrough was a dirtier player than Lambieer. Can you imagine Bill Lambieer trying to rough up Serge Ibaka. Stop listening to the old heads talk up their era.

Bill Laimbeer was one of the most notorious floppers of all time...

People have such a rose tinted memory of a barbaric league of hard fouls and "real men" that didn't exist.

Ainge, Laimbeer, Reggie Miller, Vlade Divac, there were some GOAT flippers in the 80's and 90's, it wasn't all Xavier Mcdaniel/Charles Oakley enforcers mugging you anytime you went in the paint like people who hate the current NBA want to remember it.

Bill Laimbeer was one of the most notorious floppers of all time...

People have such a rose tinted memory of a barbaric league of hard fouls and "real men" that didn't exist.

Ainge, Laimbeer, Reggie Miller, Vlade Divac, there were some GOAT flippers in the 80's and 90's, it wasn't all Xavier Mcdaniel/Charles Oakley enforcers mugging you anytime you went in the paint like people who hate the current NBA want to remember it.
My thing is more the hand fighting. People get out of the way of folks driving the lane now. Back then they’d hack at your hands

The NBA has encouraged flopping on both offense and defense. Harden literally looks for people to run into on every play. Half the players do the splits when they shoot. They fall down while shooting 3 pointers for no reason at all. I can't remember the last time I saw a player make a layup and land on their feet.

The flopping on offense has become way worse than defensive flopping because it's completely changed the game. It's why players like Harden are putting up video game numbers. They get an extra 10-12 free throws a game by purposely running into defenders who have been called for fouls by literally turning their backs and running away from him while he throws an elbow in their back and then jumps up and makes a layup (then falls) for the And 1.

Back