Opinion Diversity

$uperman

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't care about diversity.

I care about quality.

I don't care if groups are over represented or under represented.

I believe 70 or 80% of the NBA is black. So, black men are over represented. And white men, Latin men and Asian men are under represented.

I don't care about that, because I care about quality.

Black people are only 10% of the American population. But if only 10% of the NBA would be black, then the NBA would be at a far lower level.

Where does the strange idea come from that every group has exact the same qualities?

I think different groups have different qualities.

I think diversity lowers the level of society, by putting the wrong people at the wrong places.

This thread probably gets moved, because apparently you can not say the truth anymore in the "free" West.

I think diversity lowers the level of society, by putting the wrong people at the wrong places.
Thats what happens when you have Diversity without Equity and Inclusion.

You cant just send a African American/Latinx kid from an impoverished family to Harvard for the sake of Diversity.
It needs to come with proper funding, additional learning resources, and loan forgiveness to catch up to level out with White Americans

You cant just send a African American/Latinx kid from an impoverished family to Harvard for the sake of Diversity.
It needs to come with proper funding, additional learning resources, and loan forgiveness to catch up to level out with White Americans

Why do Asians not need all that help?

Does this apply to all races of impoverished. Because impoverished comes in all races.

"African American Poverty Rate: 19.5% (8.5 million people)
Percentage of African Americans who fell below the poverty line in 2020

Hispanic Poverty Rate: 17.0% (10.4 million people)
Percentage of Hispanics who fell below the poverty line in 2020

White Poverty Rate: 8.2% (15.9 million people)
Percentage of non-Hispanic whites who fell below the poverty line in 2020

Native American Poverty Rate: 23.0% (600,000 people)
Percentage of Native Americans who fell below the poverty line in 2019"

AA have a higher percentage but much lower number the White or Hispanic.

https://talkpoverty.org/basics/

Last edited:

I care about quality.

I believe 70 or 80% of the NBA is black. So, black men are over represented. And white men, Latin men and Asian men are under represented.

Black people are only 10% of the American population. But if only 10% of the NBA would be black, then the NBA would be at a far lower level.

Where does the strange idea come from that every group has exact the same qualities?

This thread probably gets moved, because apparently you can not say the truth anymore in the "free" West.

It only comes up if a sport, movie, TV show, Oscar nominee list, etc. is majority white people. Logically, the same argument can come up regarding the NBA, as you stated. But it's not allowed and you're racist for discussing it. There's just a lot of insecure vocal people out there, that's all.

I care about quality.

Easy there with the truth Cowboy…we have Some easily offended character’s around here…

You can send anyone to Harvard and they will succeed.

Proper Funding: Harvard has $54 billion endowment.
Learning resources: Learning Resources
Loan Forgiveness: Harvard has had a "pay what you can" policy for over a generation.
Comparing to "White Americans"

As a former boss/Harvard alum once told me: "Harvard is hard to get into, but even harder to get kicked out." If you get accepted, they will ensure you graduate. If you don't, that means that admissions made a mistake. Admissions won't admit they made a mistake, so they will ensure all students succeeds.

You can send anyone to Harvard and they will succeed.

Proper Funding: Harvard has $54 billion endowment.
Learning resources: Learning Resources
Loan Forgiveness: Harvard has had a "pay what you can" policy for over a generation.
Comparing to "White Americans"

As a former boss/Harvard alum once told me: "Harvard is hard to get into, but even harder to get kicked out." If you get accepted, they will ensure you graduate. If you don't, that means that admissions made a mistake. Admissions won't admit they made a mistake, so they will ensure all students succeeds.

And it sure isn't what it once was.

"Harvard cancels a black academic who debunked woke orthodoxy"

https://nypost.com/2022/03/25/harvard-cancels-a-black-academic-who-debunked-woke-orthodoxy/

Sounds kind of racist.

And it sure isn't what it once was.

"Harvard cancels a black academic who debunked woke orthodoxy"

https://nypost.com/2022/03/25/harvard-cancels-a-black-academic-who-debunked-woke-orthodoxy/

Sounds kind of racist.
I remember that guy from Freakanomics.

With that said, he was not a student at Harvard, but an employee. He went to the University of Texas and Penn State as a student (and post Doc at U of Chicago). I think it's safe to assume he would have excelled at Harvard, as a student, as well.

You're right of course but quality doesn't matter anymore especially in the public sector. All that matters is loyalty to the narrative and loyalty to the party. If you're a corporation and want to stay in the good graces of the party then you better make it publicly known that you support the party and narrative. And you better make diversity hiring a priority.

We should just let everyone decide to swim or sink. You don't want to put on your work boots and make a living for yourself and your family? Get fucked you turd.

A good example of diversity gone wrong is having Kamala Harris as your VP. She truly doesnt know anything about anything but yet finds herself in a position of major power because she checks all the boxes when it comes to skin color , ethnic background and gender.

I don't cate about diversity or basketball.
At least not professional diversity. Especially around March.

You're comparing a meritocracy like the NBA with all of society which is largely not a meritocracy.

As a general rule merit based organizations are scrutinized far less than old-boys-network organizations or organizations where quality is purely open to interpretation (e.g. the NHL is scrutinized far less for being 90% white than a TV show would be)

I care about quality.

Arthur_de_Gobineau.jpg

agrees

You're right of course but quality doesn't matter anymore especially in the public sector. All that matters is loyalty to the narrative and loyalty to the party. If you're a corporation and want to stay in the good graces of the party then you better make it publicly known that you support the party and narrative. And you better make diversity hiring a priority.
But corporations and the public sector are two different things

Back