District 9 & Chappie, what do you think.

squeezewax

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
What do you think of these two films?

I've seen District 9 a couple of times and i think it's a great movie. I think one reason is because it's not from Hollywood, plus it's a great story.

I just finished watching Chappie for the first time about 10 minutes ago and i loved it. The film is heartwarming and Chappie is such a lovely character. Plus i really fancy the little blonde South African actress in it!

What do you think of these two films?

I've seen District 9 a couple of times and i think it's a great movie. I think one reason is because it's not from Hollywood, plus it's a great story.

I just finished watching Chappie for the first time about 10 minutes ago and i loved it. The film is heartwarming and Chappie is such a lovely character. Plus i really fancy the little blonde South African actress in it!

Chappie was pretty decent I thought, Rotten Tomatoes has it at 32% which is bullshit

I liked District 9, but hated Chappie.
The Chappie character was fine, but the other cast just annoyed the shit out of me.

I enjoyed District 9.

I thought Chappie was not a good movie. The reviews were pretty poor in general as well. A handful of people like it though.

Last edited:
Little Blonde South African? You mean this chick?

Yup, she’s kinda dope.

I have never been able to watch D9 all the way through because it struck me that I hate that accent. Just fucking hate listening to it.

Havent seen chappie but district 9 was amazing. Always surprised at the hate the film can get on this forum. It's fantastic all around from the script to the casting to the visuals IMO

District 9 for me.

I really enjoyed chappie. I thought the reviews were extremely harsh

But I'm a big fan of die antwoord which probably helps

Chappie was dog shit. Horrible.

District 9 had so much potential, but was incredibly disappointing.

The interrogation trailer had me very interested, but wasn't even in the movie.

What I thought was going to be a unique and thought provoking film, just turned into some stupid action flick. Big let down. Me and my two friends left the movie with an incredibly "meh" feeling about it, overall.

Chappie I began watching on a stream but didn't bother to finish.

I loved them both. Thought they were very well done and well written.

I have to spend more time in this place educating you lonely gay nerds on what truly great cinema is. No wonder none of you get laid.

Back