Disrespect shown towards Cowboy is incredibly dumb.

yeah he lied. Did you really think he was going to not try to take Conor down? That's what's so hilarious about it, to me anyways. Tried to take Conor down a seconds in, then got destroyed like I thought he did. But, you can't accuse a man to a fixed fight in front of his family. Not cool. Cowboy isn't good, but he's not a quitter, he's a fighter. He didn't throw a fight.
I never said he threw the fight. I said he intentionally went in with the game plan of not grappling because it's more crowd friendly... because that is what happened.

Happened to almost everyone Conor beat, they cannot allow themselves to give credit where it's due.

Cowboy is a journeyman, nothing more. UFC was setting this fight up to make Conor look good once again. On the other hand, Conor was a special fighter. Only way Conor loses was if he destroyed himself.

That was what I said leading into the fight. This was similar to Eddie fight. I was saying Eddie was the easiest match up for Conor at that point, but people were up in arms and talking about how great Eddie was, not really knowing how good Eddie was, then after he got slaughtered like Cowboy, his fans all but disappeared and some talked about it being a fixed fight.

Cowboy and Eddie both needed something like a miracle to win that fight. They had good names, good resume, but Cowboy is nothing but a journeyman who did good for himself, and Eddie is better but a guy also was rather completely outmatched on paper.

Disrespect towards someone like Cowboy, though he lacks skill but what he doesn't lack is willingness and love to fight, this whole suggestion that he somehow threw the fight, is nothing but ignorance and stupidity.

At the end of the day, don't buy the Zuffa cool-aid. When Dana is talking about someone having a chance to win, you really believe Dana out of all people? Once you start buying into UFC cool-aid, It will turn you into a brainless, hate-filled, irrational, stupid just bleed noob.
Honestly I think Cerrone could benefit massively from fighting 3x a year at this point in his career (from the outside looking in) I thought he didn't look good physically against gaethje , his one saving grace in this fight was that it was 170 In my opinion ...... he did the right things in the 1st 3 seconds (at least for a path to victory a lot of people saw, clinch and take downs don't box) but 5 seconds in has a busted nose. In hindsight he left himself pretty open to those shoulder strikes but nobody has ever used their shoulder so effectively . It kinda reminded me of Jones vs glover where Jones was fuckeing gloves shoulder up, but before that happened who could predicted that..... I thought Cerrone would have the advantage in the clinch

And news flash, no one fucking invites their granda to throw a fight and get his face smashed in.
It's great pr for conor u gotta admit. All the ppl who wanna shout "fixed!!!" Hold their tounges when granny shows up

Anyways, i guess Cowboy still has a lot of delusional fans left, even some of them thinking Cowboy didn't try to take them down. I mean, I'm not here to preach, but believe all you want I guess. I guess not many of you were around when Cowboy turned full Sean Sherk against Varner.

But just so you know, there's NOTHiNG surprising about what happened. You'd only be stupid to accuse of a fixed fight if that was anything more than that. And it's more funny because Cowboy DID try to take Conor down a seconds in, when he said he didn't then got demolished.

But, I'm not someone to gloat in the face of someone's demise, just annoying people saying shit that's not true.

Cowboy didn't throw nothing. You all delusional to think Cowboy didn't try to take Conor down, which would have been at his best interest, and Cowboy is any better than what he showed last night when you pit him against someone like Conor.

Cowboy gave his all. HE gave his all. Sometimes you fall short. But don't disrespect a fighter like that. Cowboy comes to fight and he came to fight.

I never said he threw the fight. I said he intentionally went in with the game plan of not grappling because it's more crowd friendly... because that is what happened.
He literally clinched McGregor 3 seconds into the fight

I almost think the opposite. Cowboy easily slipped Conor’s ridiculously sloppy left and initiated a clinch, a position he is very good in. Conor just surprised the shit out of him and busted his left eye and nose with those shoulder shots. I think the shock value of those is what ultimately led to him losing. I can only imagine the mental affect of getting your nose broke almost instantly with a shoulder shot...

Cowboy is still the man. This fight makes me see him no differently. The people that it does are fools and more than likely a bunch of casuals.

EDIT: I also assumed Conor would starch Cowboy inside 2 rounds from the moment this fight was announced.

then you blind and naive.

People aren't upset that he lost, most thought he would, they're upset that he choked and froze yet again.

"Choked and froze". lol

That's like saying Askren "choked and froze" against Mas because he ate a flying knee he never saw coming.

I almost think the opposite. Cowboy easily slipped Conor’s ridiculously sloppy left and initiated a clinch, a position he is very good in. Conor just surprised the shit out of him and busted his left eye and nose with those shoulder shots. I think the shock value of those is what ultimately led to him losing. I can only imagine the mental affect of getting your nose broke almost instantly with a shoulder shot...

This guy gets it exactly.

Donald was cherry-picked to be the best possible match up for Conors return.

Recognisable name value
Long past his prime
Favourable style match-up (struggles with southpaws)
Questionable character in hyped up pressure fights.
Will toe the company line on unsavory allegations about McGregor.

Did they also need to fix the fight with a dive on top of that? I don't think so TBH.
Conor did what always does, start fast and be very clinical when he has his opponent hurt.

But Donald had 0 strikes thrown, that's the dictionary definition of not putting up a fight.

He even froze on the takedown attempt lol; put his head on the wrong side and didn't drive through at all.

SingleUnripeLeafbird-size_restricted.gif

Good going Cowboy
Lol none of this is significant, the thigh bump, the shoulder bumps, nothing should hurt him like that. This is absolute bullshit

Cerrone fans don't like him because he's the best fighter in the world. We know he's not. But he doesn't appear to be an arrogant prick and usually puts on a good performance. Same with say a Carlos Condit, or Anthony Smith. Those are guys I root for, but they all lack the natural freek of nature talent that the elite guys have IMO. Im not a Connor fan but if he appears to have freek talent but has a deficiency in grappling. But calling Cowboy a journeyman is condescending. Fighters get their ass kicked , it happens to the best. Aldo lost in 13 seconds but still regarded as one of best ever. Most fighters who don't retire early enough in the end look like journeymen. Aldo will, BJ Penn certainly , and Chuck to name few. Cowboy should retire if he put his health as number 1 priority. I always watch his fights and most of time root for the guy but he is outmatched fighting elite guys. If he sticks to Diaz, Pettis, Joe Lauzon type guys he can compete, but who really wants to see that. Chuck vs Tito 3, and Rampage fights at this point are a frigging joke. Im glad he got paid, he earned it for the damage he took but I could see Dana begging him to retire like he did BJ. His heart too big for his brain.

The guy was shook from the first punch. He froze in the clinch and let Conor hit him with multiple shoulder strikes without a response in terms of either strikes or a takedown. I don't think Cowboy even fired off a strike in the fight, it was an embarrassment. A random sherdogger couldn't have performed worse.
A random Sherdogger would never make 170lbs.

Cerrone fans don't like him because he's the best fighter in the world. We know he's not. But he doesn't appear to be an arrogant prick and usually puts on a good performance. Same with say a Carlos Condit, or Anthony Smith. Those are guys I root for, but they all lack the natural freek of nature talent that the elite guys have IMO. Im not a Connor fan but if he appears to have freek talent but has a deficiency in grappling. But calling Cowboy a journeyman is condescending. Fighters get their ass kicked , it happens to the best. Aldo lost in 13 seconds but still regarded as one of best ever. Most fighters who don't retire early enough in the end look like journeymen. Aldo will, BJ Penn certainly , and Chuck to name few. Cowboy should retire if he put his health as number 1 priority. I always watch his fights and most of time root for the guy but he is outmatched fighting elite guys. If he sticks to Diaz, Pettis, Joe Lauzon type guys he can compete, but who really wants to see that. Chuck vs Tito 3, and Rampage fights at this point are a frigging joke. Im glad he got paid, he earned it for the damage he took but I could see Dana begging him to retire like he did BJ. His heart too big for his brain.

Too often in this sport (and even boxing to a point) fans equate greatness with fan-worthiness. There will always be a large segment of the community that will never be able to say they like a guy like Cowboy, or Ace, or Faber, or Kongo, or Condit, or Leben, or Shogun because they're clearly not the GOATs of their respective divisions. "OMG Faber was a choker." "OMG Anderson killed Ace."

Cowboy is the type of fighter that SherBruhs should ALWAYS like.

- No boring fights
- No ducking
- Active as fuck
- From the old school, and did work in the days before money and exposure in MMA

Instead he loses to "McTapper" (yeah that makes sense as a dis, since almost every GOAT has tapped or been stopped before) and now the majority of this place hates him.

It's retarded.

He even froze on the takedown attempt lol; put his head on the wrong side and didn't drive through at all.

SingleUnripeLeafbird-size_restricted.gif

Good going Cowboy
That knee landed with some force. Is it possible he was stunned from it?

Cowboy is a journeyman, nothing more. UFC was setting this fight up to make Conor look good once again.

100% correct. let's face it. cowboy isn't a top 15 fighter at this point in his career. he's now won 4 out of his last ELEVEN fights. this was the perfect fight for Conor to come back to. cowboy is still very popular, but he's not very good anymore. it's hard to debate against that. but the UFC can spin the promotion of the fight (and win) to look like the second coming of Jesus. which they are.

That knee landed with some force. Is it possible he was stunned from it?

He's 100% slipping a punch, so when that knee runs into the side of his head there's no way he's expecting it.

The reason he had time to load up on some jumping-Victor-Ortiz-type shoulders was because Cerrone was foggy from the knee (IMO).

Lol none of this is significant, the thigh bump, the shoulder bumps, nothing should hurt him like that. This is absolute bullshit

Dude, that shoulder shot shattered his nose and the 3rd jacked up his left eye. How is that not significant? The fight almost certainly would of been more competitive had that not happened, albeit, with my money on Conor still winning, but to say that it wasn’t significant is kind of ridiculous. Smart adjustment by Conor that completely stunned Cowboy and led to his demise.

I keep saying it and I probably will, but I am really crossing my fingers for a Masvidal fight. I think that’s the fight we all deserve and will give us the fireworks we expected this fight to be.

That's not true.

He's more than a Journeyman, Cowboy was a legit #1 contender for 2 years. He was a #1 contender in the WEC and a #1 contender in the UFC.

Op is peddling a false history based on bullshit.

Back