Disrespect shown towards Cowboy is incredibly dumb.

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Cowboy is a journeyman, nothing more. UFC was setting this fight up to make Conor look good once again. On the other hand, Conor was a special fighter. Only way Conor loses was if he destroyed himself.

That was what I said leading into the fight. This was similar to Eddie fight. I was saying Eddie was the easiest match up for Conor at that point, but people were up in arms and talking about how great Eddie was, not really knowing how good Eddie was, then after he got slaughtered like Cowboy, his fans all but disappeared and some talked about it being a fixed fight.

Cowboy and Eddie both needed something like a miracle to win that fight. They had good names, good resume, but Cowboy is nothing but a journeyman who did good for himself, and Eddie is better but a guy also was rather completely outmatched on paper.

Disrespect towards someone like Cowboy, though he lacks skill but what he doesn't lack is willingness and love to fight, this whole suggestion that he somehow threw the fight, is nothing but ignorance and stupidity.

At the end of the day, don't buy the Zuffa cool-aid. When Dana is talking about someone having a chance to win, you really believe Dana out of all people? Once you start buying into UFC cool-aid, It will turn you into a brainless, hate-filled, irrational, stupid just bleed noob.

People aren't upset that he lost, most thought he would, they're upset that he choked and froze yet again.

And news flash, no one fucking invites their granda to throw a fight and get his face smashed in.

He even froze on the takedown attempt lol; put his head on the wrong side and didn't drive through at all.

SingleUnripeLeafbird-size_restricted.gif

Good going Cowboy

I don't think Cowboy threw the fight, however I do know that he threw zero punches and landed zero strikes though

Kind of disappointed to see the man who has the most wins and finishes in UFC history have zero output in the biggest fight of his career.

Conor did well and was impressive. Cowboy, not so much

'choke' lol hilarious. lol
The guy was shook from the first punch. He froze in the clinch and let Conor hit him with multiple shoulder strikes without a response in terms of either strikes or a takedown. I don't think Cowboy even fired off a strike in the fight, it was an embarrassment. A random sherdogger couldn't have performed worse.

smh, all these people STILL thinking Cowboy is better than what he showed when fighting a guy like Conor. Never learn and want to see what they wanna see. Well, I guess it's human thing to do. I guess I'm one of them.

He even froze on the takedown attempt lol; put his head on the wrong side and didn't drive through at all.

SingleUnripeLeafbird-size_restricted.gif

Good going Cowboy
Cowboy was trying to coordinate his dive and Conor cheap shotted him with bitch shoulder slaps.

I don't think Cowboy threw the fight, however I do know that he threw zero punches and landed zero strikes though

Kind of disappointed to see the man who has the most wins and finishes in UFC history have zero output in the biggest fight of his career.

Conor did well and was impressive. Cowboy, not so much

you do realize all the stats and record is one day what Zuffa decided to drop out of thin air right? They don't really mean nothing or show how good a fighter is, right?

He even froze on the takedown attempt lol
Cowboy told everyone months ago that he had no intention of grappling in this fight. He was there to please the crowd.

More like the constant disrespect Cerrone has shown for the fans in his marquee fights by putting in zero effort.

In the old boxing days, the commission would have seized his purse for that performance. For defrauding the paying public.

you do realize all the stats and record is one day what Zuffa decided to drop out of thin air right? They don't really mean nothing or show how good a fighter is, right?

"what Zuffa decided to drop out of thin air" As if I didnt watch the fights with my own eyes? Is that really gonna be your reply to a fact presented in your thread?

Last edited:
He came looking like a jobber.
And news flash, no one fucking invites their granda to throw a fight and get his face smashed in.
He might as well taken a total dive. All this talk about how he’s this bad ass mofo yet crumbles and folds the moment he gets hit. Zero effort last night, he showed us why he’s a jobber

Cowboy told everyone months ago that he had no intention of grappling in this fight. He was there to please the crowd.

wow these people are so dumb. lol. Cowboy did try to take him down. Conor sprawled mid air and got his legs back and Cowboy missed his legs. Not to mention Cowboy got kneed in the face. I guess you guys never learn hey? lol.

And please them he did, just not in the way he envisioned.

wow these people are so dumb. lol. Cowboy did try to take him down. Conor sprawled mid air and got his legs back and Cowboy missed his legs. Not to mention Cowboy got kneed in the face. I guess you guys never learn hey? lol.
No seriously. Cowboy told the world he was not going to grapple with Conor in front of reporters. That happened.

No seriously. Cowboy told the world he was not going to grapple with Conor. That happened.

yeah he lied. Did you really think he was going to not try to take Conor down? That's what's so hilarious about it, to me anyways. Tried to take Conor down a seconds in, then got destroyed like I thought he did. But, you can't accuse a man to a fixed fight in front of his family. Not cool. Cowboy isn't good, but he's not a quitter, he's a fighter. He didn't throw a fight.

Back