Dislocated patella

lawmills2006

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
2 days ago I dislocated my patella laterally. Got taken to ER and got it reduced popped in a full leg brace and sent on my merry way. Now this is the first time anything like this had happened before, it's a gutter as it means all my mma training and any prospect for a fight this year seems out the window. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar injury and also trains/ fights? What sort of prospect is there of me making a complete recovery and returning to fight? There's no pain and no numbness either if that helps

Huh.jpg

Isn't that similar to the injury Jared Hess suffered earlier in the year? If so, I feel for you buddy. If not, well, I'm still sympathetic.

2 days ago I dislocated my patella laterally. Got taken to ER and got it reduced popped in a full leg brace and sent on my merry way. Now this is the first time anything like this had happened before, it's a gutter as it means all my mma training and any prospect for a fight this year seems out the window. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar injury and also trains/ fights? What sort of prospect is there of me making a complete recovery and returning to fight? There's no pain and no numbness either if that helps

Shouldn't your doctor be telling you this, I don't know how many people on here are qualified to give you this info dude...

Yes very similar to jared Hess , I'm pretty sure his was a bit more serious than mine though! Just seeing if anyone on the forums has ever had anything similar, as I won't be seeing a physio for the next month and my doctor is a bit clueless about this in application to martial arts

This should be moved to different forum. Try the strength and conditioning forum.

Back