Dish Network Kicked Fox News Off And Replaced It With Glenn Beck Network "The Blaze"

Dish will probably lose customers

Many dish customers are under contract and can't switch. Fox will back off because their advertising revenue depends on ratings.

This is the one time I feel sorry for anyone at Dish. I couldn't imagine how crazy those phone calls from pissed off customers got.

I have dish, I barely give a shit
Red eye was the only show I watched on occasion. But even so I think Fox News will be back before the month ends

Many dish customers are under contract and can't switch. Fox will back off because their advertising revenue depends on ratings.

I agree. Just the ones that are conservative and whose contracts are ending now and in the near future.

Booting fox and replacing with The Blaze? Out of the frying pan and into the fire... No pun intended.

My guess is they'll be back on Dish sooner than later. Unless Dish doesn't want those subscribers either.

Anyone saying this is political is wrong. This happens a lot with TV networks and providers. Almost always the television channel wants the cable provider to pay more to carry their channel.

It happened a few years ago here with Verizon FIOS and ABC, ABC wanted more money to carry their channels and especially their flagship, so what FIOS did considering ABC wasn't budging is they dropped their channel from FIOS just as the Oscars were airing and many a customer was pissed off, calling in and blaming Verizon when it was all the fault of ABC. They both ended up coming to a compromise and the channel was reinstated midway through the show.

My take is Fox News wanted Dish to pay more for their broadcasting the network, DISH was not having it and they proceeded to drop the channel in its entirety. I also think the reason it is still off the air is because Fox refuses to lower the price for their channel or at least give DISH a reasonable rate. I think Fox will continue play hardball for a little awhile until they realize DISH will not budge and then they will come to a compromise. Don't want to hurt their bottom line

Also this is a fairly good article as to why DISH was right to reject the Fox News deal http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/01/03/dish-network-was-right-to-reject-fox-news-deal.aspx

My take is Fox News wanted Dish to pay more for their broadcasting the network, DISH was not having it and they proceeded to drop the channel in its entirety. I also think the reason it is still off the air is because Fox refuses to lower the price for their channel or at least give DISH a reasonable rate. I think Fox will continue play hardball for a little awhile until they realize DISH will not budge and then they will come to a compromise. Don't want to hurt their bottom line

It was mentioned in one of the articles in the OP...
The Dish Network’s dispute with 21st Century Fox primarily concerns Fox/21st wanting a new deal on two unrelated channels FXX and FS1. Dish has accused Fox News of trying to leverage its own popularity to drive up the carriage fees for FXX and FS1. Meanwhile, Fox has said that Dish is being unreasonable with its demands and has a history of blocking other channels in similar disputes.

IIRC, FS1 was still operating under the old SPEED deal with a lot of carriers. FOX has invested a lot in upgrading and re-branding their previous channels and now it appears as though they're looking to get payed for it.

Last edited:
Ahahahahahahah!!!! Largest national news network getting dropped by one of the largest tv/network providers!!

Ahahahahahabahahhhajahahahahaha.....

Ahahahahahahahaha!!!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Fuck you fox news!!!!

This message brought to you by MSNBC.

just people playing with money and power on an elite level

this is like finding out the short bus has an exhaust leak

Wasn't that long ago Beck was run off his radio and tv shows, he was left with just his online channel. Now he's back on the radio and has his own tv channel, I just noticed my cable provider added it sometime within the last few months. That a pretty big deal, don't like other people telling you what you can say, make your own network. Impressive.

I doubt that Dish adding Beck had anything to do with them dropping Fox, like I just mentioned they just added Beck to my channels.

Last edited:
As a dish customer I think its great that I don't have to see that shit channel on my guide every day. The country just got a lot smarter thanks to Dish

As a dish customer I think its great that I don't have to see that shit channel on my guide every day. The country just got a lot smarter thanks to Dish

says the guy that hasn't figured out you can program your guide to include or exclude channels

posting from east Texas here...have suddenlink cable and several months ago they did a relatively major reshuffling of their channels and we got that Blaze channel too...Decided to watch Glenn Beck cuz I hadn't seen his crazy ass since he got booted from/quit real tv...this was when there were 2 nurses in the US under quarantine for Ebola...Beck up to his old fear mongering self...was saying he and his wife were "at the point where we aren't going to go out to eat anymore" and was basicly promoting panic etc, that guy kills me, preying on the weakminded and frightened...I see he is hoping a more "Christian" oriented schtick might get him more viewers( and here in the ass crack of the south, it will) Anyhow I listened to him blither for about 3-4 minutes which was all I could take, the best part was the commercials though, gun shows, prepper food storage bins and windable flashlights for after the apocalypse...actually, I might watch his show again just for the commercials haha

posting from east Texas here...have suddenlink cable and several months ago they did a relatively major reshuffling of their channels and we got that Blaze channel too...Decided to watch Glenn Beck cuz I hadn't seen his crazy ass since he got booted from/quit real tv...this was when there were 2 nurses in the US under quarantine for Ebola...Beck up to his old fear mongering self...was saying he and his wife were "at the point where we aren't going to go out to eat anymore" and was basicly promoting panic etc, that guy kills me, preying on the weakminded and frightened...I see he is hoping a more "Christian" oriented schtick might get him more viewers( and here in the ass crack of the south, it will) Anyhow I listened to him blither for about 3-4 minutes which was all I could take, the best part was the commercials though, gun shows, prepper food storage bins and windable flashlights for after the apocalypse...actually, I might watch his show again just for the commercials haha

yup suddenlink dropped viacom and added The Blaze to their line up.

[/B]
says the guy that hasn't figured out you can program your guide to include or exclude channels

haha... I know exactly how to program it. I never felt the need to exclude Fox because sometimes I needed a good laugh.

Either way... America is smarter now that it's gone!!

I think dish sort of sucks to be honest. This shit happens to them all the time. They lost A and E for weeks a year or so ago, the lost all the turner channels a few weeks back and now they've lost fox too.

Whether or not we personally enjoy those channels, its true that lots of people do. Dishnet is doing a poor job.

Of course we don't lose Swamp People or all the fake reality shows though.

Back