Disgusting Eddie Hearn claims that people think Manny is a cheat

Manny has been tested in all of his recent fights. His body has looked the same, he's aged slowly but appropriately, etc. He went through all the testing requested and looked the same the whole time. It's really just something that haters say at this point.

By the way, Manny never said he was afraid of needles. He said he did not want blood drawn very close to a fight because he thought he'd feel weakened, due to him feeling that way prior to the Morales fight. Those are entirely different statements. The "afraid of needles" thing was a complete mischaracterization.

Mayweather failed three A sides under USADA but that gets hushed up. USADA granted "inadvertent use waivers" on three separate occasions meaning, if you cheat you won't get caught.

So why does Mayweather get some immunity here?

Because they don't actually care.

By the way, there was drug testing for the Thurman fight. They used VADA, a company that catches people.

“We’ve been on his [Instagram page]. We’ve watched his performances. We see everything. He doesn’t look 15 years younger. I believe that he’s a professional athlete that is true to the sport. There will be testing before and after the fight, just like every world-class boxing event. It’s just not a thing to worry about.” - Thurman

eh.... Suspicion that Pac is on PEDs is not anything new. Hearn is just saying what a lot of fans say about Pac. I don't see what he gains or loses by saying it.

You don't see what a promoter loses lowering himself to peddle unfounded fan speculation about one of the most beloved boxers of all time at the end of their career?

Come on now.

Come on, no one believes that.

I got tired of the whole PED thing with Pac like a 7 years ago, but the guy turned down a mega fight over drug testing and then pretended that he, a pro athlete for his entire life, was unaware that steroids were thing. It was ridiculous and if any other athlete said that, he'd be called on it. I never got why Pac was an exception.

I thought manny didn't want blood to be taken from him, did he actually say he was unaware that PED's were a thing in boxing!!!

Not only fighter of the decade and 8 weight world champ, but pharmaceutical genius too? God isnt even handed when bestowing his gifts.

By the way, there was drug testing for the Thurman fight. They used VADA, a company that catches people.

VADA was not involved with Pacquaio - Thurman, AFAIK.

It was supposed to be VADA, but then it was called off with no further explanation.

I thought manny didn't want blood to be taken from him, did he actually say he was unaware that PED's were a thing in boxing!!!
Pretty sure on was on one of HBO's 24/7 series but not sure for which fight. I want to say Margarito.

Rumors of Manny being on PEDs have been around for a long ass time.

Eddie Hearn should learn about handling his own failures like a grown-up.

In a move that has polarised the feelings of boxing fans across the globe, it’s been announced that the Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency (VADA) won’t be in control of the drug testing for the Pacquiao Vs Thurman fight on July 20th. It will instead be looked after by the Nevada State Athletic Commission

The surprising announcement that VADA won't be in control of the drug testing for this huge fight, which will undoubtably affect the Thurman v Pacquiao odds, stems from red tape around the different governing bodies; the WBC ensure all fighters are tested regularly by VADA and have done since they brought in their “Clean Boxing Programme”, whereas the WBA, whose regular and super titles are currently held by Pacquiao, don’t require fighters to be vetted by VADA.

Source: https://sabotagetimes.com/sport/what-the-no-vada-drug-test-ruling-means-for-pacquiao-vs-thurman

Let's cut the bullshit, both parties (Manny & Thurman) did not want to be random drug tested during camp -- like I said in a previous post; it's fair game because both fighters were mostly likely on something (during camp obv). Let's call it a "gentlemen's agreement" as in "you juice and I juice".

Angel Garcia heavily implied a handful of times (during the build-up for Garcia vs Thurman) that Ponytail did not want to be random drug tested by VADA -- he also ducked 2 or 3 WBC/Clean Boxing Program/VADA random drug tests (again Angel's own words). I can't be bothered to find the FightHype vids

He’s likely part of the billion-dollar fighter losing to Andy Ruiz debacle.

Boxers lose fights all the time. By that logic you could blame every promoter when one of his fighters lose a fight... The Klitschko fight was high risk for Joshua, but Hearn wants him to compete against the elite, that's why he contacted Luis Ortiz and Andy Ruiz after Miller failed 136 drug tests.

If he had him fight journeymen (like Tom Schwarz) he would get crap for it. Seems like he acts like a grown up overall.

Recently he used his status to publicly state that all boxing fights must have oxygen at ringside. I don't see Bob Arum or Shelly Brinkel complain about things of that nature.

Found it. Starts at 6:25.

"he was unaware that PED's were a thing in boxing "

Im not an english native speaker maybe my english is just not good enough but for me that is not what he said at all. For me he said he is clean and has no idea what a steroid is because he never used them nor did look into them to learn about them, just to emphasize his point of being clean.

I am not saying he is or was always clean but thats how I understand what he said there. And in that regard the statement you made for me is totally misrepresenting what I am hearing.

Boxers lose fights all the time. By that logic you could blame every promoter when one of his fighters lose a fight... The Klitschko fight was high risk for Joshua, but Hearn wants him to compete against the elite, that's why he contacted Luis Ortiz and Andy Ruiz after Miller failed 136 drug tests.

If he had him fight journeymen (like Tom Schwarz) he would get crap for it. Seems like he acts like a grown up overall.

Recently he used his status to publicly state that all boxing fights must have oxygen at ringside. I don't see Bob Arum or Shelly Brinkel complain about things of that nature.

Well, I wouldn’t blame him for 100% of the loss, but he was part of it nonethelesd. Even putting aside the fight that his superstar lost to a late replacement, AJ got KOed in sparring a few days before the fight. I tend to believe those who reported it. The whole process wasn’t managed all that well, and that’s pretty much Hearn’s job. He could as well keep a low profile for a while instead of thrash talking Pacquiao.

I do agree with his statement about oxygen at ringside, and on paper I find it respectable to sign a quality replacement, though. I’d just like Hearn to get AJ back on a winning streak. Until then, dissing Pacquiao isn’t necessary, even if the guy craves for attention.

The only really credible testing is VADA because it is random and not at the whims of the fighters and promoters. USADA, for example, has made bizarre exceptions and courted the scheduling made by the fighter. Under these circumstances, someone could be cheating but being tested only when they won't get caught and are therefore "innocent". If you are mentioning the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight, then it's worth mentioning that Mayweather wanted to use USADA which basically means he can look like a proponent of clean testing, but knows how to use USADA for himself. There have been numerous instances where USADA started or stopped testing at a fighter's request. Mayweather failed three A sides under USADA but that gets hushed up. USADA granted "inadvertent use waivers" on three separate occasions meaning, if you cheat you won't get caught.

So why does Mayweather get some immunity here?

They didn't even look at his B samples. Now, Pacquiao, ironically, has not failed any A samples but people are accusing him of PED's, when, even under a shoddy USADA system, Mayweather is still looking suspicious. If one looks suspect, why not the other? If Mayweather really cared about clean testing, he would have used VADA. It catches people. They caught Canelo, and A sides of that level cheating don't often get caught.

Either way, I really try to give guys the innocent until proven guilty (even with the above, I try to think that Mayweather and Pacquiao are cleaner than others because at least they did some testing, but it's really empty optimism, isn't it?), because anything past that is speculation, but it's really hard to see people accuse Manny but not accuse Floyd. If you are using VADA all the time like Donaire or GGG, then you are on the safer side, if you are using USADA it means you want to legitimize your cheating or mask it altogether. There are some extenuating exceptions, like the name Evan Fields in the steroid distributor's client index that happened to be a landline to Evander Holyfield's home phone number. That was shifty.

Plus Mayweather had that illegal IV prior to the Pac fight and got an exemption 3 weeks after the fact. Believe he had similar IV use with the Judah fight and one other I can't remember. I think Wilder is also the only fighter I know of that's as insistent on VADA as Donaire and GGG.

Back