Discussion: Is there solid evidence that a fight has ever been fixed in the UFC?

2lasbiu.jpg
That's a terrible slip. Gotta watch that Vaseline under your feet.

yeah no one lands a clean shot on the chin like that unless its fixed right?
tumblr_m5dzfc9PEi1ry1rm7o1_r1_250.gif
these are proffesional fighters with experience. they know how to make it look real, especially if they were paid off ahead of time. they can practice.

chuck took a dive, deal with it.

The closest fight to me that will ever look like a fix is Silva Vs Griffin. But I don't think we're allowed to expand on that, it'll get wastelanded. Just know, I've seen a LOT of fixed fights, check out Mickey Rourkes entire boxing career lol. You work out the little things. But anyway, I'm not saying Silva Vs Griffin was fixed, I am implying further, thorough investigation is needed.

Oh dear. You need more than circumstantial video. You need whistleblowers, you need solid evidence, as the title says, that the fight was indeed preplanned, not ambiguous knockout footage that could easily drpict a genuine knockout.

Anderson/Forrest has always stood out to me. Forrest isn't that much of a can and never even tried to takedown Anderson since he had a size advantage. Then he would later say he had taken a xanax bar before the fight. Very suspect imo

Anderson/Forrest has always stood out to me. Forrest isn't that much of a can and never even tried to takedown Anderson since he had a size advantage. Then he would later say he had taken a xanax bar before the fight. Very suspect imo

lol what, hard to believe a crazy dude like forrest was on something? wut

Also the second Conor Diaz fight, I believe he was told to make it close but let off to smart up a third fight.

This is where a animated GIF is misleading... Ken immediately grabbed a leg and went for a leg lock, almost securing it...if he had been successful, it would have been a brilliant feint attack.. watch the whole thing..

This is the same thing as the Lutter/Eastman fight. Forrest was koed twice during training for the fight,and came out looking bad. Not all knockouts are gonna look good,and if a guy's allready got his brains scrambled during training,it aint gonna take much to put him out.Also,why would anyone fix a inconsequential fight like Lutter/Eastman anyway??

The last obvious fixed fight was Crazy Horse's first round ko win. Anyone who has competed would agree that was a fixed fight.

Macias/Taktarov was absolutely, 100% a work. It was back at UFC 5(I think) and Macias and Oleg were training partners. Macias shot in and got leg locked in about 6 seconds. Absolute work.

Poor Tank had to get there the old-fashioned way... by beating the shit out of a bunch of cans!!!

Also,why would the ufc fix anderson vs forrest. They have much more to gain if Forrest had won. Instead he looked like shit,and his reputation took a hit which he never recovered from.

Maybe most people are just still very naive about the many possible ways of catching a guy in the midst of battle.
Let's not even demand "solid evidence" in the form of confessions or signaling yet. Some crazy circumstances like Hall's spinning shit against a ducking Mousasi....Aldo "tripping" from getting countered by McG.....
also lazy hammerfists, lazy looking movements may be intepreted by casual fans as intentional and not caused by normal body mechanics and exhaustion.

This is where a animated GIF is misleading... Ken immediately grabbed a leg and went for a leg lock, almost securing it...if he had been successful, it would have been a brilliant feint attack.. watch the whole thing..
Lol so tucking both your legs back (both feet off the ground)and flailing your arms out to the side, is a brillian feint attack now?

.Also,why would anyone fix a inconsequential fight like Lutter/Eastman anyway??

That was asked many, many times back in the day and the only answer I can come up with is that Eastman or one of his boys would have put down some serious cash on Lutter winning, knowing that it was a sure thing. But in retrospect, with how shitty Eastman's chin looked after that fight, it's probably just a case of Eastman getting a concussion in training, like he said, and never really recovering.

Back