Discussion: Cardio without food?

BTW....i love and would rather do early morning PT sessions for fat burning myself and it's what i use to drop weight before a fight. I dont use them for cardio but just for weight control.
If you're doing mderate intensity cardio you should be using fat stores and NOT dipping into your protein for fuels. Also to make sure i usually drop some BCAAs or L-Glut to preserve some muscle just in case.

Well when you are running in the morning after just waking up your bodies glycogen levels are gone so when you are running your body will use whatever it has available for fuel... in higher percentage body fat people it will use up much much more fat than muscle but lower body fat percentage would be using more muscle than you would particularly like.

Your glycogen levels aren't low just from a fast. This is a answer straight out of a magazine. It has to do with what level of cardio we are talking about. LSD and HIIT have much different effects on a empty stomach in the morning.

It's called cortisol.

Muscle is, ****bolically speaking, expensive to maintain. In times of stress (no food, moderate energy expenditure), your body will do it's best to take what it's got and make it last as long as possible. That means, it'll store energy as fat and use muscle to keep you going. Makes perfect sense if you think about it.

Whey before running on a empty stomach?

Back