Discuss and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know which to do next.

Alien
Lethal Weapon
Bourne
Die Hard

Alien. The first two are both superb films and set the standard for sci-fi horror and sci-fi action, respectively. If you give either less than an 8 it means you are a terrible human being :icon_lol:

After that things go down hill pretty sharply, though the Assembly Cut version of 3 is a noticeable improvement over the theatrical. And if you're a real glutton for punishment you can do both AvP movies.

Alien. The first two are both superb films and set the standard for sci-fi horror and sci-fi action, respectively. If you give either less than an 8 it means you are a terrible human being :icon_lol:

After that things go down hill pretty sharply, though the Assembly Cut version of 3 is a noticeable improvement over the theatrical. And if you're a real glutton for punishment you can do both AvP movies.

Yes, you sir get it.

Dracula Untold: 6/10

Not as bad as advertised. First half was greater than the second half. I honestly wouldn't mind a present day sequel.

I did not like when he turned into bats during fight scene and the main antagonist looks like some douche present day. His hair cut reminded me of bruno mars.
dominic-cooper-sak43692.jpg

Unbroken. ...mediocre at best...take every war movie and feel good inspirational movie and slam it all together and you got unbroken. Two hours of watching a guy get tortured.

Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone 6/10

Pretty solid start. Introduces us all to the characters nicely. The CGI is a bit naff now but it was almost fifteen years ago.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 7/10

Picking up the pace. A little darker and a lot more fun. Voldemorts backstory is very well done. The CGI still holds up well.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 7.5/10

In the third installment they bring in Gary Oldman, David Thewlis and Michael Gambon. How could you go wrong? It's a lot of fun and has a story you can get really emotionally invested in. This is where the Harry Potter films got taken to the next level.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 8/10

Very good film. This is the biggest one so far, a lot of work clearly went into this. It has an epic feel. Oh and Brendan Gleeson takes this up a notch.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 6.5/10

Feels like the saggy midway point movie. There's not a fat lot of story here other than the Hogwarts students finding a secret room to practice magic so they can protect themselves. Then a final battle at the end. Not a bad film though by any means.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince 8.5/10

My favourite of the series. It's good to see Alan Rickman get to take center stage as it were. Its very very dark and grim. The aesthetic has a horror genre feel. Gothic.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part one 6/10

The only reason this scores low is that it's just the first half. Which means more buildup with no payoff. But I understand why they did it.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow part two 8/10

Great way to end it all. Snape's backstory was fascinating and really heartbreaking.
Alan Rickman was very overlooked in this role in my opinion. He was fantastic.

did you watch all of these in one sitting?

like "I sat on my couch for 20 hours straight and watched each one in a row without breaking..." or is it like "I finally watched Deathly Hallows part 2 so here's my analysis of the series as a whole"

Quest for Fire - 8/10

Probably been 20 years since I had seen it. Still a fantastic movie

did you watch all of these in one sitting?

like "I sat on my couch for 20 hours straight and watched each one in a row without breaking..." or is it like "I finally watched Deathly Hallows part 2 so here's my analysis of the series as a whole"

I watched them all over the course of one week.

I've watched all of these franchises before over the years so I can tell you that I do enjoy the first two Alien films.

Never seen the AvP films though.

I've watched all of these franchises before over the years so I can tell you that I do enjoy the first two Alien films.

You are better off not watching those , they are B movie Cheesy and gets the tone of franchises completely wrong

You aren't missing anything. They're both terrible.

The Place Beyond the Pines is a pretty dope movie with Bradley Cooper as a cop and Ryan Gosling as a face tatted bank robber. It plays all the time on

Ida 7.3/10

Nice visuals and interesting use of the frame. The story however felt somewhat hollow despite dealing with some big issues, I didn't like the characterization and performance of the aunt, and she is central to the story. I really liked the style.

The Dog 4/10

Boring documentary about trashy, ugly people. The Dog Day bank robbery is covered in only ten minutes.

Showrunners: The Art of Running a TV Show 6/10

bland

The Trip to Italy 5/10

These guys are funny but I don't think it works as a movie. It probably works as what it really is, a TV show.

Chef 3/10

F1ck yo feel good

Love the HP reviews. My top 3 are the same except I have it 4, 7 pt 2, 6.

Gone Girl
1/10
The media is evil man, occupy wall street man.

All is Lost

6/10

Very different type of movie but I enjoyed it

Private School - 8/10

Great movie! I freaking loved it! Was genuinly funny and had A LOT of hot babes. Classic 80s teen/coming of age sex flick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back