Disappointment at Heavyweight

burningspear

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I was looking forward to Povetkin vs Klitschko but for the 2nd time Aleksandr has pulled out. Anyone know why this time? I've read a couple of conflicting reports.
Povetkin has the best fundamentals in HW boxing today and I gave him a real shot at dethroning the Ukrainian giant.
Its depressing that the two HW's with a legitimate chance of beating the Klits both seem to be avoiding the confrontations.
Maybe Povetkin should fight Haye? Now that's a great match too. I favour Aleksandr but David has crazy power so who knows?

Atlas said on Espn that he wanted to pull Provetkin from the fight cause he thinks Povektin isn't ready for a run at the champ and wants him to get a couple of more fights before going after a title run. So that makes me think it will be awhile(2yrs) before he gets in the ring with any of the top guys(Haye,Arrerola,Adamek).

Adamek said he would take a fight right now with either Kilt if they offered him a 50-50 split.

Arrerola has a fight on Espn in two weeks. I hope he wins, so we can see him get another shot a one of the top guys. He is my fav HW right now.

Atlas said on Espn that he wanted to pull Provetkin from the fight cause he thinks Povektin isn't ready for a run at the champ and wants him to get a couple of more fights before going after a title run. So that makes me think it will be awhile(2yrs) before he gets in the ring with any of the top guys(Haye,Arrerola,Adamek).

Adamek said he would take a fight right now with either Kilt if they offered him a 50-50 split.

Arrerola has a fight on Espn in two weeks. I hope he wins, so we can see him get another shot a one of the top guys. He is my fav HW right now.

Thanks. I liked the timing but I guess Teddy knows his fighter.

Alex pulled because of a contract dispute
Posted via Mobile Device

So that makes me think it will be awhile(2yrs) before he gets in the ring with any of the top guys(Haye,Arrerola,Adamek).

Yeah I don't know. I see why he would want to avoid the klitschkos, but he fought (and beat) chambers already, I don't see why he wouldn't take a fight with arreola/haye/adamek, who are contenders of a similar level

You would really like to see Arreola fight Klit again? Wow... Guess you like seeing grown men cry.

Yeah I don't know. I see why he would want to avoid the klitschkos, but he fought (and beat) chambers already, I don't see why he wouldn't take a fight with arreola/haye/adamek, who are contenders of a similar level

Maybe he will get put with one of them sooner then I am thinking.I hope so. I still don't like the fact that Teddy came out and said he wasn't ready. Kinda of disrespectful to Povektin in my opinion.

Yes TPV, I still think a trainer is supposed to tell his fighter that he can beat anyone.:icon_lol:

Last edited:
Alex pulled because of a contract dispute
Posted via Mobile Device

Funny, because Atlas himself acknowledged on TV that he had a role in pulling out Povetkin and it was because he wasn't confident of his winning chances...

Atlas did this same thing with Michael Grant. He knows Povetkin can't win against the Klits but will keep him fighting lesser opponents he know he can beat to build up his reputation and confidence.

The fact that both guys who supposedly have a shot to beat the Klitschkos are both scared to fight the Klitschkos should tell everyone its unlikely either of them are going to lose any time soon.

I was looking forward to Povetkin vs Klitschko but for the 2nd time Aleksandr has pulled out. Anyone know why this time? I've read a couple of conflicting reports.
Povetkin has the best fundamentals in HW boxing today and I gave him a real shot at dethroning the Ukrainian giant.
Its depressing that the two HW's with a legitimate chance of beating the Klits both seem to be avoiding the confrontations.
Maybe Povetkin should fight Haye? Now that's a great match too. I favour Aleksandr but David has crazy power so who knows?

Boxing by itself is depressing.

Guys padding their records and fighting low quality competition.

Top fighters constantly ducking anyone they think might have a chance to beat them... ect.

Boxing by itself is depressing.

Guys padding their records and fighting low quality competition.

Top fighters constantly ducking anyone they think might have a chance to beat them... ect.

You don't know boxing.
You don't even know the sport you have an unreasonable love-affair with.
So none of your posts carry any weight.

You don't know boxing.
You don't even know the sport you have an unreasonable love-affair with.
So none of your posts carry any weight.

Why do you always have to be a douche most of your posts are you being a dick, what that guy said is his opinion, i don't agree with it either but so what, its why its a forum people post what they think, discuss or shut up

Why do you always have to be a douche most of your posts are you being a dick, what that guy said is his opinion, i don't agree with it either but so what, its why its a forum people post what they think, discuss or shut up

because the dude was trolling

Stupid ass opinions deserve dick responses. Take your Care Bear whining elsewhere.

There really is nobody at heavyweight who's ready to win the strap. Let's see what happens when Vitali retires you'll get Haye running at the chance to claim the belt without beating either of the top dogs.

Back