Disappointed with Lorenz. Anyone else?

He did most of the damage against Tumenov and should have won the decision. Not disappointed in the least

People need to forget his fight with Lawler.

I know that's hard to do considering Lawler's the champ now but Lawler in SF at 185 isn't the guy we're seeing now.

WTF?

He has looked great at WW. There is no shame in losing to Tumenov.
You're only as good as your last fight though, right? Before that he was talked about as up and coming in the division, and looking rejuvenated finally living up to his potential.

Now, 1 very close split decision later against 1 of the best strikers in the division, suddenly he is a bum. Just stupid.

Gotta be impressed with a man who is still improving and already holds a win over his division's champion.

He did better against Tumenov than most in the division would. But I do feel he's been playing it safe in the UFC.

I definitely see him getting a shot in the future
I do too man. How do you think he fares against against a sniper like Wonderboy, Lawler the Savage, and Red King Roy? (I believe these guys are the very top of the division)

I thought he won that fight as it happened. Watched it again last week and Larkin was tentative and missed a good bit. Einstein landed more and was aggressor.

Plenty of good fights for LL in this year.

If you are disappointed then you're not giving enough respect to Tumenov and the fact that many people believe Larkin beat him.
On the contrary I give much respect to Tumenov however think highly enough of Larkin's talent that I believed he could have beaten him and then gone on a run for a shot. The posts which speak of him looking tentative and not pulling the trigger ring true I think. My disappointment is not in him personally but in him hitting a speed bump. I want to see him at his best in some big fights

On the contrary I give much respect to Tumenov however think highly enough of Larkin's talent that I believed he could have beaten him and then gone on a run for a shot. The posts which speak of him looking tentative and not pulling the trigger ring true I think. My disappointment is not in him personally but in him hitting a speed bump. I want to see him at his best in some big fights
Then you should lower your expectations.

Back