Diner Food

El Cangri

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm going to be working at a diner for the whole summer, long hours and what not and I will be eating there a lot. Now, I can basically have what ever I want prepared for me, and I know what foods to watch out for and what not to eat, but how unhealthy would these "good" choices be. Good choices like eggs, whole wheat bread, etc. Any other suggestions of what I can eat? My goal is to lose weight, and I plan on training 5 days a week. So what should I ask the cooks to cook for me? :icon_chee

Have you read the 7 habits in the FAQ? You should check it out and you will know exactly what to eat.

Eat every 2-3 hours, no matter what. You should eat between 5-8 meals per day.

Lean protein with each meal.

Eat fruits and/or vegetables with each food meal.

Ensure that your carbohydrate intake comes from fruits and vegetables. Exception: workout and post-workout drinks and meals.

Ensure that 25-35% of your energy intake comes from fat, with your fat intake split equally between saturates (e.g. animal fat), monounsaturates (e.g., olive oil), and polyunsaturates (e.g. flax oil, salmon oil

Drink only non-calorie containing beverages, the best choices being water and green tea.

Eat mostly whole foods (except workout and post-workout drinks).
So what about calories, or macronutrient ratios, or any number of other things that I’ve covered in other articles? The short answer is that if you aren’t already practicing the above-mentioned habits, and by practicing them I mean putting them to use over 90% of the time (i.e., no more than 4 meals out of an average 42 meals per week violate any of those rules), everything else is pretty pointless.

Moreover, many people can achieve the health and the body composition they desire using the 7 habits alone. No kidding! In fact, with some of my clients I spend the first few months just supervising their adherence to these 7 rules—an effective but costly way to learn them.

If you’ve reached the 90% threshold, you may need a bit more individualization beyond the 7 habits. If so, search around on this site. Many of these little tricks can be found in my many articles published right here. But before looking for them, before assuming you’re ready for individualization; make sure you’ve truly mastered the 7 habits. Then, while keeping the 7 habits as the consistent foundation, tweak away.

whole wheat bread varies from person to person. Eggs are good to go.

i would eat a feta cheese omlette, breakfast, lunch, and dinner if i worked at the diner in my town, it is so good.

if you can get them to make tuna salad sans mayonaise...

diner= egg white omletes and egg creams.

Back