Dillian Whyte vs. Oscar Rivas Finalized For July 20 in London

Why did he choose to decline to fight Joshua then?
Rematch terms. Hit google up like you did to determine Rivas’ abilities.

Rematch terms. Hit google up like you did to determine Rivas’ abilities.

No, silly person, that was his excuse

How come rematch terms werent an excuse for ruiz? Simply because ruiz believed in himself and knew he would win, so he snatched that fight up as soon as he could

Why, if you know you can win a fight, do you turn down, by far a career high payday, which then triples in a rematch, and you get all the belts and you get to be the face of boxing.

It makes absolutely no sense to turn down such riches and upside, and to do what? Fight rivas, for probably less than one fifth of the money, no belts, no extremely lucrative rematch, no becoming the face of boxing.

Just use your head

He got offered the fight he begged for, on a plate, with all the trimmings and he turned it down, the reason blatantly to any free thinker is obvious.

You seem to just swallow up what anyone tells you lol it's pretty shocking tbh

How come rematch terms werent an excuse for ruiz? Simply because ruiz believed in himself and knew he would win, so he snatched that fight up as soon as he could

Why, if you know you can win a fight, do you turn down, by far a career high payday, which then triples in a rematch, and you get all the belts and you get to be the face of boxing.

It makes absolutely no sense to turn down such riches and upside, and to do what? Fight rivas, for probably less than one fifth of the money, no belts, no extremely lucrative rematch, no becoming the face of boxing.

Just use your head

He got offered the fight he begged for, on a plate, with all the trimmings and he turned it down, the reason blatantly to any free thinker is obvious.

You seem to just swallow up what anyone tells you lol it's pretty shocking tbh
Like I said Ill just skip over your posts from now on.

Like I said Ill just skip over your posts from now on.

Hopefully you have learned something here

Use your own brain in future instead of just lapping up other people's shit

Hopefully you have learned something here

Use your own brain in future instead of just lapping up other people's shit
Try deleting more of your shitty posts so you can make more attempts at being funny.

Im a Whyte fan but I do believe one of the motives for him turning down the Joshua rematch was the serious possibility of AJ winning and effectively erasing all the work Whyte had put into chasing Wilder. I dont think that makes him a ducker though its just common sense.

Sad Whyte didn't get his title shot yet, he earned it long ago, pay the man.

Plus I think Whyte's skills are being severely underrated af here. his jab was solid af against Parker.

Not many people know but he was also Europe's K1 champion, and has in fact beaten Anthony Joshua in the amateurs(though both were young)

He easily beats everyone outside the obvious 3 giants.
i also feel whyte gets underrated a fair bit. same with parker.

Why did he choose to decline to fight Joshua then?

Money wasn't high enough, same reason Chisora turned down Joshua. It's got nothing to do with believing in yourself or Ruiz, who probably never got paid as much throughout his career anyway.

Whyte demands a 8 figure number, because he realizes that he needs to have financial security after such a hard fight, with regard to the risk of possibly not being the same anymore depending how hard it is... Is this too much to ask? DAZN seemingly had enough to pay Wilder 20m for Breazeale...

Look at Szpilka, took a year off and was never the same anymore after the brutal KO loss against Wilder... Look at Eddie Chambers, also took a year off and didn't really do anything anymore after Wladimir landed a left hook from hell.

I'm sure you would want to get paid A LOT for fighting Joshua. Why do you think that boxers should be stupid about it? You're not fighting though, its easy for you to say "Oh he's ducking this and that guy, he's got no balls", while you seem to forget that they're prizefighters. If you think boxing should be all about honor and not money, why don't you have the balls and move to Russia? It's still relatively old school there, the perfect place for you.

Last edited:
Ehh Whyte is a tough sob. I wouldnt say he didnt have any power.

Without it, he can have a higher output for the course of the fight. Mass isnt getting you the KO power that guys like Whyte, AJ, Wilder have, so you need to be able to box them up and keep tagging them to avoid it. Higher output would go a long way for Rivas.
I hear you just not sure if he is at that level, if he lost the mass it would be on the small side for a HW and from what I saw he didn't seem to have the boxing skill to change his approach etc.....guess we will see but I think he is behind a fair few HW and usyk

Im a Whyte fan but I do believe one of the motives for him turning down the Joshua rematch was the serious possibility of AJ winning and effectively erasing all the work Whyte had put into chasing Wilder. I dont think that makes him a ducker though its just common sense.
I agree, if he was going to risk the position he had put himself in he needed the money / terms. I don't think turning down AJ has really cost him after sat.

Money wasn't high enough, same reason Chisora turned down Joshua. It's got nothing to do with believing in yourself or Ruiz, who probably never got paid as much throughout his career anyway.

Whyte demands a 8 figure number, because he realizes that he needs to have financial security after such a hard fight, with regard to the risk of possibly not being the same anymore depending how hard it is... Is this too much to ask? DAZN seemingly had enough to pay Wilder 20m for Breazeale...

Look at Szpilka, took a year off and was never the same anymore after the brutal KO loss against Wilder... Look at Eddie Chambers, also took a year off and didn't really do anything anymore after Wladimir landed a left hook from hell.

I'm sure you would want to get paid A LOT for fighting Joshua. Why do you think that boxers should be stupid about it? You're not fighting though, its easy for you to say "Oh he's ducking this and that guy, he's got no balls", while you seem to forget that they're prizefighters. If you think boxing should be all about honor and not money, why don't you have the balls and move to Russia? It's still relatively old school there, the perfect place for you.

Truly stupid post , that end but really capped it off

Well done

Truly stupid post , that end but really capped it off

Well done

You asked why the fight didn't happen, I said its because of money, and I offered an explanation why its money. There's a life after boxing. Whyte doesn't want to flip burgers after its all over, just like Wilder & Joshua... How many boxers end up broke & broken? I know you don't give a shit about anyones well being.

You're clearly more interested in polemics than discussion though.

By the way, when was the last time that you sticked a pipe into a hole without paying for it?

Last edited:
You asked why the fight didn't happen, I said its because of money, and I offered an explanation why its money. There's a life after boxing. Whyte doesn't want to flip burgers after its all over, just like Wilder & Joshua... How many boxers end up broke & broken? I know you don't give a shit about anyones well being.

You're clearly more interested in polemics than discussion though.

By the way, when was the last time that you sticked a pipe into a hole without paying for it?

Theres your last sentence again, unfunny, lacking intelligence, wit and originality, just showing yourself to be a child disguised as a man.

I will try and explain it in really dumb dumb terms for your underdeveloped brain

So.... the fight didnt happen because of money you say

Dillian Whyte, who shouts in interviews, he is the can man, anyone can get it.

Dillian Whyte, who also shouts in interviews, give me my title shot, im being oppressed, unfairly treated, i demand my title shot.

Ok now re read those two factual sentences

Then consider, Dillian Whyte, Mr i will fight anyone, is then offered the fight he has been begging for, his world title shot ! Finally hes gotten what he has been shouting about. Not only that he will get a career high payday! AND a chance to own 3 belts. AND a chance to become the face of the sport by taking the 0 of the most famous man in boxing. Add to that he will get another pay day straight after, in a rematch which will net him 10 times what he has previously earned. WOW, everything he has ever wanted being served up on a plate

And he turns it down

He turns it down, to fight for LOW money, against an unknown fighter, for no belts, no huge money rematch.

So now explain how it is about money?

Do you think if Oscar Rivas was the 3 belt world champion, undefeated face of boxing, Whyte would have turned down a career high payday by far of 5 million to fight him ? Take his 0 and his belts, and then get 15-20 million in a rematch, potentially more and become the worldwide face of boxing ?

OBVIOUSLY NOT, he would have snatched Eddies hand off if that was offered to him

So we can clearly conclude, Whyte turned down the fight because of who the champion was, and the fact he would likely get sparked out again, which would finish him off as a contender to AJ. So he chose not to fight him, make up some nonsense about money, and instead take a much lower paying fight against an easy touch.

That is what is known as ducking

Last edited:
Theres your last sentence again, unfunny, lacking intelligence, wit and originality, just showing yourself to be a child disguised as a man.

You really shouldn't mouth off about that when you read your own shitty humorous attention seeking posts. Your only go-to strategy is "You're dumb"... How does that get you in position to call out anyone on originality or infantility?

You're just a depressive fuck disguised as a miserable fuck.

Add to that he will get another pay day straight after, in a rematch which will net him 10 times what he has previously earned. WOW, everything he has ever wanted being served up on a plate

So I have an underdeveloped brain (again your genius go-to strategy), but you phrased your comment as if you're talking to Dillian Whyte personally here, LOL.

He'd get 50/50 in the rematch if he wins the fight... So obviously he wants to get the maximum in the first fight right away. It's him vs Eddie Hearn / Joshua during negotiations.

DAZN was willing to pay Wilder 20m for Fucking Breazeale... Wouldn't you say that Joshua vs Whyte is vastly bigger in the UK? Why should he be satisfied with 5-7m, whereas Joshua would get his usual 30m?

A rematch would get Whyte at around 15m, so where did you get your "10 times more"? That would make it a 50-70m.

Last edited:

I will try and explain it in really dumb dumb terms for your underdeveloped brain

Dillian Whyte, who also shouts in interviews, give me my title shot, im being oppressed, unfairly treated, i demand my title shot.

Then consider, Dillian Whyte, Mr i will fight anyone, is then offered the fight he has been begging for, his world title shot ! Finally hes gotten what he has been shouting about. Not only that he will get a career high payday! AND a chance to own 3 belts. AND a chance to become the face of the sport by taking the 0 of the most famous man in boxing. Add to that he will get another pay day straight after, in a rematch which will net him 10 times what he has previously earned. WOW, everything he has ever wanted being served up on a plate

And he turns it down

He turns it down, to fight for LOW money, against an unknown fighter, for no belts, no huge money rematch.

Do you think if Oscar Rivas was the 3 belt world champion, undefeated face of boxing, Whyte would have turned down a career high payday by far of 5 million to fight him ? Take his 0 and his belts, and then get 15-20 million in a rematch, potentially more and become the worldwide face of boxing ?

OBVIOUSLY NOT, he would have snatched Eddies hand off if that was offered to him

So we can clearly conclude, Whyte turned down the fight because of who the champion was, and the fact he would likely get sparked out again, which would finish him off as a contender to AJ. So he chose not to fight him, make up some nonsense about money, and instead take a much lower paying fight against an easy touch.

I feel like this is a very biased way of looking at it.

Whyte knew he was worth more than what he was being offered, so why let them take the piss? The problem is, they were low balling Whyte for a reason. Hearn obviously already had the Miller fight in his back pocket. Instead of paying Whyte the extra cash, he'd go with Miller who was a fresh matchup, in a completely new market, and he was a less dangerous fight. There was no incentive for them to go with Whyte. Under any other circumstances Whyte would gave gotten the fight, but Hearn decided to go with Miller for those reasons probably. I think it's very oversimplified and bias to skew it as "Whyte is a duck".

Whyte was also only getting an offer of $5m, while Miller was getting offered $6.5m. That's reason enough for Whyte to be pissed off.

You really shouldn't mouth off about that when you read your own shitty humorous attention seeking posts. Your only go-to strategy is "You're dumb"... How does get you in position to call out anyone on originality or infantility?

You're just a depressive fuck disguised as a miserable fuck.

So I have an underdeveloped brain (again your genius go-to strategy), but you phrased your comment as if you're talking to Dillian Whyte personally here, LOL.

He'd get 50/50 in the rematch if he wins the fight... So obviously he wants to get the maximum in the first fight right away. It's him vs Eddie Hearn / Joshua during negotiations.

DAZN was willing to pay Wilder 20m for Fucking Breazeale... Wouldn't you say that Joshua vs Whyte is vastly bigger in the UK? Why should he be satisfied with a 7 figure number? I assume it was somewhere around 6-8m, whereas Joshua would get his usual 30m+... So a rematch would get Whyte at around 15m, so where did you get your "10 times more"? 70-80m?????

I can't explain it any easier than what I have done

If you're too thick or deluded, whichever it is, to comprehend it, then that is your issue

And he turns it down

Yeah he did duck Joshua; I agree. You’re offered the biggest payday of you’re career, 3 of the 4 belts and the chance to be one of the biggest earners in the sport, just by winning one fight. It’s a duck. There is no justification unless he saw wilder as an easier fight. And imo wilder and Joshua are are just as tough for Whyte, though he can definitely beat both. He better hope wilder doesn’t lose to fury, because that’s his worst match up out of the 3

Back