Dillian Whyte vs. Oscar Rivas Finalized For July 20 in London

He put the number #4 ranked boxer at Heavyweight in serious danger, but he's "not much of anything". Fucking hell that's a hot take if I've ever seen one. Just because he lost, it doesn't mean you're right lol

Dillian is a chinny guy, we have seen him wobbled numerous times, it's no great feat to wobble dillian whyte

Rivas soundly got beaten, lost almost every round, barring the one where he wobbled whyte (and couldn't remotely capitalise)

He's just a low skill, hard man with a titanium chin

All these Eddie hearn sheep repeating the narrative that he's some high skilled danger man. Give me a break

Dillian is a chinny guy, we have seen him wobbled numerous times, it's no great feat to wobble dillian whyte

Rivas soundly got beaten, lost almost every round, barring the one where he wobbled whyte (and couldn't remotely capitalise)

He's just a low skill, hard man with a titanium chin

All these Eddie hearn sheep repeating the narrative that he's some high skilled danger man. Give me a break
As I said before, Eddie Hearn didn't make the WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO, and IBO all rank Rivas in their top 10. They all seem to unanimously agree that he belongs there.

As I said before, Eddie Hearn didn't make the WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO, and IBO all rank Rivas in their top 10. They all seem to unanimously agree that he belongs there.

There are always plenty of light touches in the rankings

My point being, the amount of people who were saying rivas is a legit killer, and will be a stern test for dillian

I knew all along, as evidenced, that rivas was basic. As I said, if you take fabio fucking maldonado to a decision, then that says absolutely everything

No though, everyone spouting the hearn narrative, big danger man rivas, so skilled etc

It's like nobody watches fights and just believes what hearn says

Sheeple

My point being, the amount of people who were saying rivas is a legit killer, and will be a stern test for dillian

I knew all along, as evidenced, that rivas was basic. As I said, if you take fabio fucking maldonado to a decision, then that says absolutely everything

No though, everyone spouting the hearn narrative, big danger man rivas, so skilled etc

Sheeple
So people were saying he would test Whyte and he was dangerous, and you're saying they were wrong? Pretty sure he did test Whyte and he was dangerous lol two of the judges only had him up by 3 points and Rivas obviously had him in trouble with the knock down.

Oh look I was totally right

Rivas with his 100 plus amateur fights, this big bad danger man has pathetic skill, winging and missing wild shot after wild shot, has no idea what am angle is, constantly plodding on straight lines, no idea how to cut off the ring

He was average at absolute best, just a real tough man. Whyte won easy barring that quick knock down.

Rivas best quality is his chin, he would have been stopped for sure in that fight if not for his exceptional ability to take a shot

Were you fck. Rivas got a knockdown and hurt Whyte in the 9th. Lost by 1-3 rounds against the top ranked HW challenger. You made out he was shit and Whyte was gonna roll him over easy. That didn’t happen at all

So people were saying he would test Whyte and he was dangerous, and you're saying they were wrong? Pretty sure he did test Whyte and he was dangerous lol two of the judges only had him up by 3 points and Rivas obviously had him in trouble with the knock down.

Yep clearly wrong but now trying to claim he’s not. Laughable

Not saying Hearn is a saint or impeccable, but he does give more fuck about important topics than other promoters in boxing, and he is an important voice in boxing. Listen here starting at around 14:15 -

He didn't seem to have any power with that mass though so without it what chance will he have?
Ehh Whyte is a tough sob. I wouldnt say he didnt have any power.

Without it, he can have a higher output for the course of the fight. Mass isnt getting you the KO power that guys like Whyte, AJ, Wilder have, so you need to be able to box them up and keep tagging them to avoid it. Higher output would go a long way for Rivas.

Sheeple
Youre entirely full of shit and didnt watch the fight. Kindly fuck off back to the brock lesnar forum.

Youre entirely full of shit and didnt watch the fight. Kindly fuck off back to the brock lesnar forum.

Someone's mad I'm speaking the truth about the man he's crushing on

Hmmm. I didn’t find Rivas to be particularly impressive either.

He couldn’t get away from Dillian’s jab, he got hurt multiple times. Brief success with the kd and a couple of spots when Dillian was against the ropes

But I don’t think that was a great performance by any means. Rivas looked pretty lost for a majority of it

He put the number #4 ranked boxer at Heavyweight in serious danger, but he's "not much of anything". Fucking hell that's a hot take if I've ever seen one. Just because he lost, it doesn't mean you're right lol
Again. I am not sure just because he got a kd that was a good performance

There were a lot of rounds where Rivas did very little and was getting jabbed to death. I dunno. He did ok i guess? I wasn’t jumping up and down though

Again. I am not sure just because he got a kd that was a good performance

There were a lot of rounds where Rivas did very little and was getting jabbed to death. I dunno. He did ok i guess? I wasn’t jumping up and down though
The judges only had Whyte up by 3 points on the scorecards, so he definitely won a decent amount of rounds, then the 10-8 with the knockdown made it a lot closer. I don't disagree that Whyte clearly won the fight, but this dude is saying Rivas wasn't dangerous and wasn't a test for Whyte. I completely disagree with that opinion.

I just wish Whyte had taken the Joshua fight - given AJ’s performance that night, there’s a good chance Dillian would be 4 million quid richer, 3 belts heavier and not looking at another years wait for a title shot.

Hmmm. I didn’t find Rivas to be particularly impressive either.

He couldn’t get away from Dillian’s jab, he got hurt multiple times. Brief success with the kd and a couple of spots when Dillian was against the ropes

But I don’t think that was a great performance by any means. Rivas looked pretty lost for a majority of it
Well he just gave a top 5 HW a damn good contest. Maybe your standards are too high or expected too much.

Someone's mad I'm speaking the truth about the man he's crushing on
Must be why you cant actually point out anything that happened which is critique worthy.

I just wish Whyte had taken the Joshua fight - given AJ’s performance that night, there’s a good chance Dillian would be 4 million quid richer, 3 belts heavier and not looking at another years wait for a title shot.

5 million it was, plus the belts, and becoming the face of boxing

The fight he had been calling for for years

Offered up to him on a plate with all the trimmings

Yet he turned it down flat

That should tell you, whyte is not the can man, he carefully selects soft touches.

5 million it was, plus the belts, and becoming the face of boxing

The fight he had been calling for for years

Offered up to him on a plate with all the trimmings

Yet he turned it down flat

That should tell you, whyte is not the can man, he carefully selects soft touches.
Wow. Ill just skip over your posts from now on lol.

Back