Dillian Whyte-Jermaine Franklin Nov.26th DAZN

Not a bad idea. I guess it's between Joshua or wilder.
Wilder knocks him to the shadow realm
All the people that were saying Whyte is a good HW for years and he was better than Wilder (lmfao) I hope the drugs have worn off. For YOUR sake.
Exactly... He just got a home cooked holiday gift decision from an out of shape much smaller guy most of us never heard of who hadn't fought in 3 years.

Yeah I didn't see a robbery. People get excited sometimes when a nobody does better than expected but Franklin win a couple early, Whyte won a few in the middle, some close rounds but after 10 it's even or near enough and Franklin fades. Or I thought so.

I did see Franklin give a good account of himself- competent, some heart, didn't tire quite as bad as I thought given his conditioning- and given the size difference I don't blame him entirely for wanting some weight in there.

I saw Whyte looking like he's slid down even further somewhat from his best- I think the last Fury fight took that last something from him. It's been years since he looked decent in the ring now.

And is his trainer on the take or just an idiot- had he thrown a bit more and used his power advantage on Franklin he could probably have hit the fight out of the guy a little earlier, Franklin was boxing just fine wasn't hitting with anything like enough wieght for Whyte to be worried and instructed to cover up so much. Whyte was the heavier puncher and capable of catching him with shots so why not land a few and use that strength?

Yeah for sure. Why does he do that so often.
povetkin-whyte.gif

Pretty much. I guess it was something mcgirt brought up to him, as I can't really remember him using that kind of defense often before and he was telling him to "stay in the shell" during the fight. It's an old school kind of defense and not seen that often nowadays but I guess one of its pros is that you can't get hit solidly by an uppercut but at the same time you can't create offense which I think is the main reason it isn't used more imo. But there has been some great fighters who used it to good effect:

BTW I wonder what our fellow Sherbro the great TimWitherspoon thinks about Whyte use of this defense as he often used it himself.

Last edited:
I still think Whyte was a great HW a few years ago, but I was getting the vibe leading up to this fight that he knows he is on the decline now and just wants to get paid and get out, and thats exactly how he fought. This fight was supposed to hype him vs Wilder or Joshua, but now it just seems obvious those guys would beat him up badly. I say he should fight Ruiz or Dubois, or if he is really ready to end his career, sign up to get sacrificed on the altar of Wilder's HL reel.

Haha yeah, bet hes doing the crossarm defense in his sleep when that nightmare returns.

Imagine faint loading up for the uppercut and just go full force on the side step in bodyshot when those arms go high.

Back