Dillasnake just shut up all the haters who said he'll never be able to compete clean

FrankDux

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
"Controversial" decision aside...dude just shut all the haters up (myself included) that said he wouldn't be able to compete at the highest level against the best fighters in his weight class while he's not cheating.

he got exposed. for that level, he looked like shit. that people are hyping a fight with petr yan already is a laugh riot.

Meh. He clearly lost a step, was slow and lacked his usual movement. Yan would absolutely smoke him.

I thought he looked amazing in round 1, then got popped his knee and looked completely different for the rest of the fight.

Thought this was common knowledge and accepted, but seems a lot of people actually just think he "lost a step".

"Controversial" decision aside...dude just shut all the haters up (myself included) that said he wouldn't be able to compete at the highest level against the best fighters in his weight class while he's not cheating.

Well, we still don't know "if he wasn't cheating"... that usually comes in the weeks after the fight :)
But assuming he was clean, it does not answer many questions IMO.
this was an atypical fight. He got tagged, hurt, injured.
So you don't know what/how he would be otherwise.

But beyond the judging controversy (if he did win or not), he did push through all of it and never gave up, which is a good sign.
He beat a top opponent, and I do think he is/has always been a top talent in the division.
Moreover, imagine how he'd be without all those things going against him?

The question is: can he continue doing it without the "help"? Or will he be tempted/pressured to do it again to stay at the top?

No guarantee he is clean but he definitely did well. He can hang in the top 5. I just doubt he beats Yan.

Meh. He clearly lost a step, was slow and lacked his usual movement. Yan would absolutely smoke him.
Imagine trying that hug you against the cage without mat returns or damage lol that shit will not fly with Yan he'll destroy him worse then he did Aldo (whose looked better then TJ in his most recent fight )

It's hard to look your best at 35? According to who? Do you have some kind of data to back up that weird and unfounded claim?
Yes it's harder when you get over 30. Your testosterone starts to drop at 30 and makes it harder to keep up than when you were in your 20s. It's not impossible and I never said it was but it's much harder to put on muscle mass in your 30s than in your 20s. It's just a fact.

Imagine trying that hug you against the cage without mat returns or damage lol that shit will not fly with Yan he'll destroy him worse then he did Aldo (whose looked better then TJ in his most recent fight )
That won't happen because 1) Yan doesn't turn his back in wrestling exchanges and 2) Yan isn't going to pop his knee out. Where do you guys get these takes?

He looked semi decent.

Showed his toughness and used his grappling to adjust. On the feet, he looked a bit slower than before. I expected him to be grappling more in upcoming fight. I think Yan beats him though.

That won't happen because 1) Yan doesn't turn his back in wrestling exchanges and 2) Yan isn't going to pop his knee out. Where do you guys get these takes?
Bro that's literally what I'm saying . It won't work against Yan, are you retarded ? Also in Sandhagen's defense churning your back and fighting the hands or going for a Kamura or leg locks to initiate scrambles to get back up on the feet is a legit strategy . I just think Sandhagen relied on it too much in rounds 1 and 2 especially

I thought he looked amazing in round 1, then got popped his knee and looked completely different for the rest of the fight.

Thought this was common knowledge and accepted, but seems a lot of people actually just think he "lost a step".
I didn’t even think he looked like his old self in rd 1. But between the ring rust and then the knee issue, maybe he just didn’t have the opportunity in that fight to be at his best? We’ll have to wait and see I guess, but I’m not expecting him to be good enough to reclaim the title. Maybe he can fight the Aldo-Munhoz winner, Yan-Sterling loser, or something like that.

Last edited:
He looked amazing. People are forgetting he fought most of the fight on an injured knee.

I was mostly surprised he didn't slow down in the later rounds. I thought we'd see why he took EPO in the past, instead we're left wondering why.

Back