Dillashaws old samples being re-analysed (Garbrandt, Lineker, Assuncao bouts all negative)

If he was popped for EPO I don't think they'll find anything in old samples.
I'm thinking that now that he has officially popped, somebody might have ratted out some other things he's been doing and they're going to go back and test based on that info. Otherwise, they seem to be trying to make an example of TJ to correct for the way they handled Picoboy, which is kind of shitty.

Because that's not practical.

The detection window for EPO is basically 8 hours, so getting a sample from an EPO cheat that still has detectable amounts left, is really hard. If the fighter takes EPO say at 10pm then by morning they're safe.

Besides, of all the samples collected that have been tested for EPO (targeted testing because they had reason to suspect it's usage due to the Biological Passport) <7% have popped. I'd be willing to bet that closer to 50% of those athletes were on something, yet they weren't caught because the window is so very small.

The reason they caught TJ is that they kept target testing him. And frankly he's an idiot. He probably missed the vein when injecting, which ups the detection window to close to a week, instead of 7-8 hours.

Very interesting.

So you think guys like TJ are using EPO because of the slim chances they will get popped? If what you're saying is true, EPO most be a lot more common than we would think.

LOL cmon man... I still can't believe you thought he was a good dude when I gave you example after example of his character
Example after example? Care to elaborate? You implying TJ having anger issues,cheap shotting his training partners while training by saying ''example after example''? He already admitted he has anger issues.At least he is honest about it so i can respect that.BTW Never thought he was completely a good dude as no one is perfect.

absolutely fine with it.

It teaches athletes that even if you get away with it now, you might not get away with it forever. Your legacy will always be at risk.

No different to murders from the 60's getting caught now by advances in dna technology etc.

great analogy.

If this is true TJ's career is totally over... i would think they would help him out like Jon Jones... but i guess TJ does not bring in the big bucks.

giphy.gif
I thought FrankieNYC be alive when I saw your reply, now my heart broken in two again

They should test EVERYONES samples for epo.

Why are they coming down so hard on TJ?

Jones got multiple slaps on the wrist before they just said fuck it and decided to let him piss hot and fight anyway.

Based on what?
I don't have the quote but I think it was from Malki, maybe it was even Jones himself or Novitsky that basically just said there was nothing of that.

I don't have the quote but I think it was from Malki, maybe it was even Jones himself or Novitsky that basically just said there was nothing of that.

No Jeff said he doesnt know because hes not party to what happens between Jones and USADA. Hes a UFC employee, he has no part in private discussions between Jon and USADa

Malki said the Jon snitched on himself.

Example after example? Care to elaborate? You implying TJ having anger issues,cheap shotting his training partners while training by saying ''example after example''? He already admitted he has anger issues.At least he is honest about it so i can respect that.BTW Never thought he was completely a good dude as no one is perfect.
Why are you in denial?

absolutely fine with it.

It teaches athletes that even if you get away with it now, you might not get away with it forever. Your legacy will always be at risk.

No different to murders from the 60's getting caught now by advances in dna technology etc.
Dumb questions: Is each sample only good for one test or are the samples large enough to run multiple tests on? Follow up that, assuming a sample is only good for one test, is the logic for anti-doping to run test those samples first chance you get or to hold them as long as possible in the hopes of a better test being discovered/created?

Back