Dillashaws old samples being re-analysed (Garbrandt, Lineker, Assuncao bouts all negative)

If he tests positive for a fight say against Assuncao....would that also mean his bouts against Cody could be overturned if he doesn't test positive for the fights against Cody?
I think they’re saying they already tested for EPO for those fights, not that they will test again.

They really want to make an example of dillashaw it seems. Make plenty of excuses to keep jones fighting, but trying to absolutely bury TJ. Not that he dosen't deserve to be criticized as he very much does. But so wild to see the complete change of pace.

As @-Dim- has stressed EPO has a short detection window so even if he was using it may not get caught.

Damn.

Im a little behind on this subject. Did the samples for Cody fights got re tested?

If he keeps getting positives.. all of those fights are going to be ruled No Contests?
Curious as well. Would be a bit...strange, but I would accept it.

Not sure if it's the UFC's reponsability or USADA's

They should re-analyse ALL samples for EPO. Why the fuck weren't they testing for it already ? Novitzsky of all people lol

they do test some samples for epo, but not all of them, for a variety of reasons.

for one, epo has about a 7-8 hour detection window and most athletes would use it late at night. So any sample collected between like 10am and 10pm, total waste of time analysing it for epo

absolutely fine with it.

It teaches athletes that even if you get away with it now, you might not get away with it forever. Your legacy will always be at risk.

No different to murders from the 60's getting caught now by advances in dna technology etc.

Cool, and definitely a way to stem the cheating.
I have a bit of a hard time with the comparison to dna/murder, but I know what you're saying.

Lmao. They always test positive for metabolites when they pop someone for PEDS! It's always metabolites. You're trolling me. :(
if it’s not from a reingestion it has no performance enhancing qualities.

It says enough about how "professional" USADA and UFC drugtesting is if your normal test doesn't even include an epo check. I mean, in a sport where cardio is a very important aspect of the game it's just terrible that you don't test that for every fighter.

Damn.

Im a little behind on this subject. Did the samples for Cody fights got re tested?

If he keeps getting positives.. all of those fights are going to be ruled No Contests?

depends who the commission was. If any of the samples come back positive that are either in competition, or during a run up to a fight where he was licensed, then usada would be duty bount to notify the commission. would be down to them as to what happens regarding results

I'm not sure how I feel about counting every instance of a substance as a violation counting towards the three strike rule.
I mean doping is cheating, so fuck them. But it still rubs me a bit wrong and I'm not sure why.

It says enough about how "professional" USADA and UFC drugtesting is if your normal test doesn't even include an epo check. I mean, in a sport where cardio is a very important aspect of the game it's just terrible that you don't test that for every fighter.

not at all. as ive explained above.

any sample collected after 10am, utter waste of time analysing it for epo. it will be well out of the fighters system by then (presuming they microdosed late at night like most normal people)

sample collected when a fighter isnt in camp and doesnt have a fight scheduled, probably not worth analysing it for epo.

they analyse about 10% of all urine samples for epo, that will be mostly the fight week samples and samples from the eve of the fight.

Damn, this EPO holocaust could potentially ruin the careers of other fighters, even those that are relatively young. On the bright side, perhaps this will eventually lead to the resurgence of MMA in Asia.

Lineker and Assuncao bouts his samples were analysed for EPO.

Any further positives would be a fresh violation.
giphy.gif

bullshit
dillashaw failed TWO tests and is only getting a two year suspension when he should be receiving 4

Back