Dillashaw will destroy Cody.

Ya I got Dilla beating the piss out of Cody..

It's an interesting match-up because they trained together and know each other. TJ thrives on starching flat footed guys and mixing in his wrestling. Cody showed he has footwork, hard to get taken down and that he can deal with elusive guys. However, their reciprocal knowledge might be a game changer, as I said.

The only way TJ beats Cody is if it is on the ground. If Cody can nullify TJ's wreslting like he did with Dom, then it is going to be a long night for the serpent.

Cody not only beat Dom, he completely outclassed him. I'm not sure if I see TJ out-wreslting Garbrandt when he already got out-wrestled by Cruz and looked very confused with Cruz's striking as a whole. Cody had the puzzle solved before the fight even started while TJ never solved it even though it was a very competitive fight.

After that performance, Garbrandt should be the favorite. Can't wait to see it though. One of the fights I'm looking forward to the most.

This is the fight that needs to happen and makes sense so I imagine it won't happen.

Before last night I'd have to agree with TS. After last night, I'm not so sure. Cody was on his A game and looked awfully damned good.

it probably will go the other way. neck tat is faster, and has better hands. if snake's changing levels don't work out, like how he did it against lineker, and can't get a td, snake is gonna get lit up more than cruz.

Dom is P4P the best at chaining his TDs with his striking, and how in the world do you watch what Cody did last night, and say anyone at BW is going to "destroy" him???
If you said, beat, cool, whatever, that's your opinion, but destroy? Boy, you've lost your ever loving mind.

Nobody is going to destroy nobody. It will be a tough, and close match.

def a very interesting fight - no idea what is going to happen - i wouldnt be surprised either way, both guys have a ton of talent, cardio for days and a strong well rounded skill

Hate to break it to you, but you still have no proof. Again, beating someone in sparring means nothing. The best fighters get tapped and beat in sparring and rolling all the time, that's why it's sparring. Top guys in elite training camps will alternate between fresh training partners with little or no rest, and don't fight anywhere near the level of intensity and intent they would in an actual fight.

I don't get it. Why don't you REALLY go there and find the proof? He provided you with the source.

Don't be lazy, homie. - Nick Diaz

After both of their performances on Friday, I can't wait for this fight. Both looked great. I would lean towards TJ winning.

I was undoutebly certain Cruz would school Cody. Not that Im a huge diehard Cruz fan, but he just seemed so superior before the fight.

Im not sure i can doubt Cody anymore.

It's an interesting match-up because they trained together and know each other. TJ thrives on starching flat footed guys and mixing in his wrestling. Cody showed he has footwork, hard to get taken down and that he can deal with elusive guys. However, their reciprocal knowledge might be a game changer, as I said.

To be fair to TJ though whilst yes he's picked off his last couple of more flat footed opponents from the outside that's not really all his success is built on. Most obviously Barao was not flat footed and indeed his strength has always been working opponents with kicks from the outside and against him TJ won via getting on the inside and outboxing him.

To me he seems a lot more of an adaptive fighter generally so I suspect knowledge of his opponent might well benefit him. I do think as well that Cruz's boxing and perhaps as important his speed were overestimated, granted he's excellent backing up and throws punches from odd angles but for me Dillashaw is both quicker and has much better boxing fundamentals. When Dom was throwing to lay down with Cody at points he looked like Wanderlei in crazy mode winging hooks whilst upright.

One thing I agree on is that TJ will try use his kickboxing to try and setup his takedowns and he will try and keep it mainly a wrestling match.
I doubt very much that it will be a pure stand up war like cody vs cruz was.

I'm not going to even make a guess. Since they used to be training partners they know each other well so that throws out what we have seen them do to other fighters. Very interesting fight that needs to happen.

Back