Dillashaw vs Barao?? Really?...Why?

Seriously, what's the complaint? What, are you happy that Pettis fights once every Olympics? Would you rather Barao never fight?

T.J. Dillashaw is really underrated here. This kid has been getting better and better each fight. Also, his fight with Assuncao was really close - i think i had scored it for TJ in that one. That would have put him on a 6 fight winning streak. I think a lot of you will have a new found respect for Dillashaw, win or lose, after this fight.

looks like barao got the fight to replace weidman vs machida on ufc 173 (weidman was injured) and the only guy available was tj

Right, but those guys didn't get KTFO in the first round of their UFC debut. Also considering TJ is on a one fight win streak, this is pretty absurd.
KTFO.

dodsondillashaw.gif

One fight win streak.

aa.jpg

T.J. Dillashaw is really underrated here. This kid has been getting better and better each fight. Also, his fight with Assuncao was really close - i think i had scored it for TJ in that one. That would have put him on a 6 fight winning streak. I think a lot of you will have a new found respect for Dillashaw, win or lose, after this fight.
He is continuing to get better and is a good fighter. But in a perfect world this would be at least 2-3 fights away. I think its too soon for him. Maybe he will shock the world, its not like he has no chance. But I still think circumstances pushed up the timetable and lowered his chances. I definitely wouldn't consider him better than Faber at this point. But if he can make it more like the first Barao/Faber fight he has a chance. But if Barao doesn't take him lightly, it won't be much of one

Right, but those guys didn't get KTFO in the first round of their UFC debut. Also considering TJ is on a one fight win streak, this is pretty absurd.

I really like Dillashaw but he's getting his title shot too early and he's clearly not a match for Barao right now - it would make more sense to let him work his way up appropriately.

I suppose we can blame Cruz for being made of chicken bones and porcelain.

he was koed by Dodson, Dodson can ko anyone in the FlW and BW division. Also, there was no one else, if the chamo fight underdogs you are mad because they fight cans, if they dont fight, you are mad because they dont fight

Also considering TJ is on a one fight win streak, this is pretty absurd.

No. Assuncao got hurt or he would be the one in there against Barao and I think most people who watched the fight think Dillashaw should have gotten the decision over Assuncao in Brazil anyway so in all fairness TJ is probably an upgrade.

I guess I'm not sure what you would do instead TS.

Assuncao is injured, McDonald is 1-2 in his last 3, one of which was a loss to Barao, Wineland is in the same boat.

The only alternative is to fight someone lower on the totem pole or put Barao on the shelf.

Dillashaw has beaten him already.

I would agree that it was a bad decision but the fact remains Dillashaw is 0-1 against Assuncao.

I have no problems with Dillashaw getting this title shot though and I think TS is seriously underrating him.

Yall sleepin on TJ he is gonna finish Renan.

Faber and Renan only fought 1x, Herb Dean decided to call the rematch off so ya can't really count that.

Nobody who matters thinks TJ lost that Assoonnow fight.

I really like Dillashaw but he's getting his title shot too early and he's clearly not a match for Barao right now - it would make more sense to let him work his way up appropriately.

Who would you be having Barao right right now then, as the main event to the PPV?

You are posting a gif of Dodson fantastically stopping Dillashaw in the first round to prove he belongs in a title fight? That's a cartoonish KO he looks like hes whooping a 5th grader who didn't belong in there.

Barao pretty much outclasses everyone in the BW division other than a healthy Cruz.

While I agree that TJ is not in his league, who the hell is gonna fight him?

All I will say is TJ did NOT lose in Brazil... BS decision.

Mismatch.

It just shows how shallow the division is.

Other than Faber/McDonald there's no one who can pose a treat. Don't expect a lot of people to buy this.

the way i see it playing it is barao handing out the ass whoopin but anything is possible

Back