Dillashaw vs Bar

First post killed it.

TJ will dominate and finish Barao again. People who think otherwise are pulling their own dicks and they know it.

I think the first fight was an aberration. Unfortunately for barao, he got clipped early and never fully recovered. It still took dillashaw another twenty minutes to finally put him away though, and the fact that he was fighting against a semi-conscious opponent made him look a lot better than he actually is.

Oh, the delusion...

I don't support him. He's not remotely lose to my favorite fighter and I really don't care about him. He's going to kick Barao's ass.

Sigbets are for little kids.
10 day av bet or get lost

10 day av it is.

How about a bonus sig inclusion if they get finished in 3?

People who base their predictions on reality rather than fantasy are all picking Dillashaw here

I think the first fight was an aberration. Unfortunately for barao, he got clipped early and never fully recovered. It still took dillashaw another twenty minutes to finally put him away though, and the fact that he was fighting against a semi-conscious opponent made him look a lot better than he actually is.

wrong barao was trying his hardest but couldnt keep up but this is mma so anything can happen 2nd time around :p

People who base their predictions on reality rather than fantasy are all picking Dillashaw here

People basing their opinion on nothing but their first fight sure.

What other fights are you thinking of for TJ?
I know you a big fan so i will you directly "what is tjs second best performance?"

As i always ask at times like this "what is TJs second best performance?"

He aint a bad fighter by any stretch but i just cant understand him being such a massive favourite in some pepples eyes over Barao due to a single performance.

Basically i can't wait for this fight.
It really doesn't matter as MMA is all about the match-up and based on the first one the logical conclusion to make is that TJ is the clear favorite here. And Renan's fight against Gagnon did nothing to make people think any differently.

But speaking of second best performances, I'm also of the opinion that Barao became massively overrated in large part due to his wins over one person, Urijah Faber. What is Renan's best win over someone not named Urijah? Eddie Wineland after losing the first round? A green, 21 year old Mayday who has been exposed a bit since? The reality is TJ is EASILY the best fighter Barao has fought. And we've seen him struggle with much lesser fighters than TJ. And we've seen TJ completely abuse him in the cage. Renan is a dangerous dude, but TJ has his number and will in all likelihood beat him again. I don't believe Renan can win a decision here, he has to catch TJ with something and put him away.

People basing their opinion on nothing but their first fight sure.

What other fights are you thinking of for TJ?
I know you a big fan so i will you directly "what is tjs second best performance?"

Not that it matters or pertains to his future performances at all, but his showings against Lee, Tamura and Viana all tie as the second best for me. All early finishes, take your pick. He looked better in each win too, which is further evidence that he will be even better than he was the first time he fought Renan, who looked the same and made the same mistakes he always makes against Gagnon.

Dillashaw by a third round tko. I don't think Barao can fight da movement

It really doesn't matter as MMA is all about the match-up and based on the first one the logical conclusion to make is that TJ is the clear favorite here. And Renan's fight against Gagnon did nothing to make people think any differently.

But speaking of second best performances, I'm also of the opinion that Barao became massively overrated in large part due to his wins over one person, Urijah Faber. What is Renan's best win over someone not named Urijah? Eddie Wineland after losing the first round? A green, 21 year old Mayday who has been exposed a bit since? The reality is TJ is EASILY the best fighter Barao has fought. And we've seen him struggle with much lesser fighters than TJ. And we've seen TJ completely abuse him in the cage. Renan is a dangerous dude, but TJ has his number and will in all likelihood beat him again. I don't believe Renan can win a decision here, he has to catch TJ with something and put him away.

I can see what you are saying but i know i thought similar thoughts re JDS and Cain and i presume at least a few thought that about Serra GSP.

Yeah, in 5 rounds, vs a guy who wasn't even in the title shot conversation. Whereas barao finished his opponent in 3 rounds, despite making some errors, like you mentioned.

:icon_lol: It took him 5 rounds to put barao away the last time they fought, despite barao not even being cognizant of what was going on around him after the first round. Their rematch is probably going to look a lot like dillashaw's fight vs dodson, then all of the barao haters can backpedal into the holes they crawled out of.

I wasn't aware that finishing someone in the fifth round was considered a poor performance.

Truth be told, Barao was not the same after being rocked in the 1st round. TJ looked great because he was fighting a guy on auto-pilot. Now, can TJ rock him again? If not.. I'd watch out. Barao will have HIS number...

Lets just make sure Barao makes it to the fight this time.
If he does...

TJ smokes that booty again.

I can see what you are saying but i know i thought similar thoughts re JDS and Cain and i presume at least a few thought that about Serra GSP.
I myself had similar thoughts regarding Cain/JDS, but Cain was injured and the fight was so quick we didn't even really see enough to know if he had much for JDS in a rematch. Dillashaw/Barao was 20+ mins of TJ having his way with him. And I don't buy into this auto pilot nonsense because it was the same Renan we saw against Gagnon. Fighters battle back from being badly hurt and fight well all the time. He simply wasn't ready for what TJ brought to the table.

Truth be told, Barao was not the same after being rocked in the 1st round. TJ looked great because he was fighting a guy on auto-pilot. Now, can TJ rock him again? If not.. I'd watch out. Barao will have HIS number...

Yeah like he steamrolled thru gagnon lmfao Barao will get flatlined easily, if not completely outclassed.

Back