Dillashaw responds to Cruz 'wannabe' comments, Dodson, wants Conor McGregor next!

PG delivers again. definitely top 5 p4p poster.

Thanks for the cliffs! Only thing I dont like is making excuses for Chad. Agree with everything else though

A guy's gotta stick up for his teammate. He was asked, and he gave his opinion. Now whether the excuses inhibits chad from becoming a better fighter? I don't think that's the case here.

Of course he's gonna say he's always training and ready you moron. What do you want Mendes to say before the most hyped fight of the year? "I'm not really sure i'm really and my cardio is not there?"

I'd rather him say that, I like Mendes but TAM's forte is making excuses and losing in title fights.

now it's 10 days notice?
I remember TAF saying that they had 3weeks to prepare the fight.
And then Chad said that he had two and half weeks, in an interview right before the fight.

After the fight, it's two weeks. Now it's 10 days.
I guess it'll become 2 days notice very soon.

now it's 10 days notice?
And then Chad said that he had two and half weeks, in an interview right before the fight.

"I was in the audience, getting ready to enjoy a night of fighting action, when Dana suddently appears, and he's telling me "We need you to fight McGregor, tonight!"

I can't wait for Cruz to come take the belt back

Why? So he can get injured and hold the division up for another 2 years or so? No thanks.

I'd hope TJ destroys him. Obviously because he's been my favourite BW for a few years (long before he became champion, unlike the rest of these n00bz), he's more exciting and because of what I already said - Cruz gets injured and holds up the division. I don't want to see the division get held up again like that.

I've always been a big fan of Cruz. I love watching him fight. I love his style, his movement is just so awesome to watch. Him and TJ are my favourite BW's, though I find TJ more entertaining - I don't ever want Cruz as champion ever again because of how he gets injured. I'm not interested in seeing the division get held up again and again.

If Cruz beat TJ, he'd just get injured and hold the division up for like.. a year or two, then get injured AGAIN and get stripped of the title for the second time.

The only reason I'd be upset if Cruz won is because of that, because he would most likely get injured and hold up the division again. Not that I dislike him, I'm a huge fan, as I already said. I'd be totally cool with it if he beat TJ because I like Cruz as a fighter and he's a very intelligent guy, great analyst, my favourite analyst, that guy knows what's up. But, I'd be scared that he would get injured and fuck things up for a few years again. I can't get onboard for that.

He them precedes to say FRANKIE WILL beat Conor and ALDO not so sure, a guy whose unbeaten since WEC days, fuck me.

Styles make fights.

Aldo's style plays right into Conor's. Aldo has a huge advantage in the grappling over Conor, but Aldo is generally a striker and will look to stand with Conor. Frankie, on the other hand, will look to take Conor down any chance he gets.

Conor does have more of a chance against Aldo because of this. Aldo will play right into Conor's game and that's the stand-up, whereas Frankie will mix it up more and will look to take Conor down. Frankie will look to fight Conor where he's weakest, he has a huge advantage there. Aldo has a lot of pride in his stand-up and he's generally a striker, as I already said. Aldo will want to stand. He may go for a TD here and there, but Aldo rarely goes for TD's, doesn't do them that much. Frankie will DEFINITELY look for the TD.

TJ is 100% correct in what he's saying. Conor has more of a shot against Aldo because Aldo will want to stand and fight Conor where he's best. Frankie's plan will be to go for the TD and give him the Swanson treatment.

It's not that difficult to understand. TJ is right by saying this. This doesn't mean Aldo isn't a better fighter than Frankie or anything.

Conor could very well beat Aldo, lose to Frankie, then Frankie loses to Aldo. Like they always say - styles make fights and it's true.

While I agree that Cruz doesn't deserve a title fight I am not sure who else currently does. Assuncoa is probably more deserving but ehh... who knows these days.

now it's 10 days notice?

You forgot how they were also saying their entire camp always stays in shape and are always ready to to.

Now it's Chad was fat and had the good ol' adrenaline dump

Dillashaw vs McGregor is not a superfight. I hate that word, overused these days.

Quality thread, thanks TS
I've come to quite like TJ, don't agree with everything he said though. I think DC does deserve a shot at the belt he never lost.
I do think Chad does better on a full camp though.

i have a hard time believing Dillashaw keeps his title next fight regardless of who he fights, unless they drag out someone like Soto again. I just hope he books a fight soon, he has an entire top 10 roster he hasn't fought.

I mean Chad was out drinking beer, fishing and hunting when he got the phone call. I mean he got 10 days to train for a guy that

Oh shut the hell up with the excuses...you know you thought Chad was gonna destroy Conor. You were wrong

Of course he's gonna say he's always training and ready you moron. What do you want Mendes to say before the most hyped fight of the year? "I'm not really sure i'm really and my cardio is not there?"

this x100

it's fucking scary how many people fall for that bullshit.. ofcourse he's gonna say that before the fight

and you know that Conor knew it also, with him almost only going for the body in the first round

typical that everything what conor does is planned en part of some great strategy, but if another fighter uses it, it doesnt get mentioned

There are a lot of dumb people on sherdog. TJ is a legitimate fighter and champion. He has the skills to go on a long streak IMO.

How do you not see it in his performances? Either that or you're a hater

I'm really trying to like this guy but i always fail.

If he wasn't ready, he should have said no. As it stands, he took the fight, so him and his camp need to shut up and take it like a man

Why? So he can get injured and hold the division up for another 2 years or so? No thanks.

I'd hope TJ destroys him. Obviously because he's been my favourite BW for a few years (long before he became champion, unlike the rest of these n00bz), he's more exciting and because of what I already said - Cruz gets injured and holds up the division. I don't want to see the division get held up again like that.

I've always been a big fan of Cruz. I love watching him fight. I love his style, his movement is just so awesome to watch. Him and TJ are my favourite BW's, though I find TJ more entertaining - I don't ever want Cruz as champion ever again because of how he gets injured. I'm not interested in seeing the division get held up again and again.

If Cruz beat TJ, he'd just get injured and hold the division up for like.. a year or two, then get injured AGAIN and get stripped of the title for the second time.

The only reason I'd be upset if Cruz won is because of that, because he would most likely get injured and hold up the division again. Not that I dislike him, I'm a huge fan, as I already said. I'd be totally cool with it if he beat TJ because I like Cruz as a fighter and he's a very intelligent guy, great analyst, my favourite analyst, that guy knows what's up. But, I'd be scared that he would get injured and fuck things up for a few years again. I can't get onboard for that.
How did you manage to make 5 paragraphs about the exact same thing

imo some people here are confusing 'excuses' and 'facts'.
Mendes had a really short camp, which certainly affected his performance. This is a fact, not an excuse. A regular camp would mean he would win? Absolutely not, but you also cant deny he would not have gassed soo early. And dont come talking about body shots and Conor IQ, thats just retarded. You will realize it after Aldo schools him.

Back