Dillashaw "lost" a split to Cruz which he got jobbed so he made his .........

Franklin U.

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
7th (me thinks) title defense last night.Since Barao, he 's clearly been the best 135er on the planet.
I calls em as I sees em- no bias and nothing against Dominick.

Let me make something else clear.Dillashaw Cruz was a title fight and T.j was champ.If it wasn't I wouldn't use words like jobbed or robbery in a close fight that wasnt for a title.

He lost a split decision where I truly believe he won and was rather shocked when they gave Cruz belt.

Last edited:
Close fight which TJ lost. He’s on the up-and-up now, it’s all good.

TJ has actually fought amd beat contenders in the division recently.

Unlike Cruz and Cody

...and " jobbed" was the intended word of use (for those who think I meant robbed)

Yep yet more showing of UFC bias.. TJ beats the big bad of the division in Barao twice.. and defends once again after..

Cruz gets a very close SD over him.. rather then giving a rematch to TJ.. goes for the 8th guy in the division and gets wrecked

Meanwhile TJ is taking out contenders working his way back.. think he won at least 2 vs top guys in the division (one of which beat him in the past).. finally gets a shot (UFC probably liked the alpha male drama).. he wins easy

Then what happens? the guy who never defended the belt.. probably got pushed to early for a shot in the first place.. and Koed in one round.. gets a fucking rematch.. like what?????

Also if i am TJ i say fuck Cruz.. guy would not give him a deserved rematch.. but TJ should give a guy who got embarrassed by Garbrant a rematch? Cruz hasn't even fought since

...and " jobbed" was the intended word of use (for those who think I meant robbed)

Don't sweat it dawg, I got you, some of these nerd kids don't understand street lingo like you and I do.

I had Cruz winning
Cruz knew TJ's timing and had him swinging at the air

TJ best Cruz handily. One of the worst title fight robberies in the last 15 years

I just think the refs and crowd were so impressed by how competitive Cruz was in rounds 1 and 2 they ignored how TJ took over the rest of the fight.

Going in, I was pulling for Dom and predicting TJ. I thought TJ won 4 rounds, like the judge that gave it to him. Upon rewatching, I didn't change my mind.

Takedowns that someone immediately gets up from means very little. TJ's kicks were more damaging than Dom's punches. Dom's avoiding strikes literally earns no points. This ain't battle raps, where you score for making your opponent look bad. TJ was more aggressive.

That being said, a Dom victory was NOT a robbery. It was a close fight. The 1st 3 rounds were tight and could have been scored either way. TJ clearly took the last 2 with strong kicks. I believe Dom was also hurt at the end. What's new?

The thing that bugs me was that Tony Weeks gave Dom the last 2 rounds. I can't agree with that. Bloody elbow had a nice article about why TJ won.

Regardless, this was the fight that got me fully on board with Team TJ. Even though I despise TAM, I couldn't bring myself to dislike TJ. Now that the "snake" left, it only reinforced how I felt about him. He had enough sense to leave those meatheads and is the better for it.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/1/...score-judge-opinion-mma-technique-controversy

Last edited:
7th (me thinks) title defense last night.Since Barao, he 's clearly been the best 135er on the planet.
I calls em as I sees em- no bias and nothing against Dominick.

Let me make something else clear.Dillashaw Cruz was a title fight and T.j was champ.If it wasn't I wouldn't use words like jobbed or robbery in a close fight that wasnt for a title.

He lost a split decision where I truly believe he won and was rather shocked when they gave Cruz belt.

Insert Shawn Michaels gif.

Most Bloody Elbow members scored it for Cruz at the time: https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/1/19/10790602/bloody-elbow-scorecard-dominick-cruz-vs-t-j-dillashaw

And a poll on here had 75 % of fans who watched it scoring it for Cruz. At the time it seemed minuscule the number of fans who thought Dillashaw was legit robbed in it. Strange that now it's somehow this obscene Shogun Machida 1 or Hendricks GSP type of robbery. Maybe as popular support for Dillashaw is changing it's leading to a reverse of opinions on who actually won?

It wasn’t a robbery. Close decision that went the wrong way, IMO.

Back