Dillashaw is ahead of Cruz at Bantamweight GOAT status

Where to begin? While I would probably pick Lineker to beat Jorgenson too, I feel like they are in the same class. However if you are willing to not push the narrative on how huge a win that was for TJ I am fine with it.

A bridge to your next point, Lineker is 3 inches shorter than TJ and is only a BW because he has no discipline. He is shorter than virtually everyone on Dom's resume. Cody weighed the same as MM entering the cage a couple weeks back. If you are going to say Dom got fat on smaller fighters, than be fair about it and apply the same standard to Silly Dilly.

Early stoppage? Just because he got up, after trying to grab Herbs leg for the takedown, doesn't mean it was an early stoppage. If that's the criteria Cody 1 was an early stoppage and he never even went down on 2. All 3 were good stoppages. TJ got his clock rung, end of story. That stoppage would stand the same today, probably even more so with the heightened awareness of head trauma.

After you enjoy the wavy arms and stanky legs, look at Silly Dilly's face as Herb pushed him away...he is out of it, no question.

Cruz is caustic. But he is honest and he shoots straight. When he lost he sat there in front of everyone and gave Cody credit. Dude has fought back from injury after injury and has never used any of them as an excuse. Silly Dilly could take a lesson.

Lineker isn't a great win but it's a solid win. Cody has never made 125, like many of Cruz's best wins have. Cruz is bigger than TJ so I don't see the point in bringing any of this up.

TJ was grabbing for Dodson's leg and it's pretty damn clear in the gif that has circulated a million times trying to diminish how good he is. Nonetheless, TJ's loss to Dodson is as relevant as Dom's loss to Faber. TJ was definitely hurt bad, no question. He definitely could have come back. He definitely was not out of it like you claim. I've seen dozens and dozens of fights way, way worse. 1 example off the top of my head being Pat Berry vs Cheick Kongo. 100x worse, Kongo was done but still came back to win. I don't want to use that as a justification to keep TJ/Dodson going because that fight SHOULD have been stopped.

Cruz is a condescending DBAG to everyone, even when he is wrong about things. I don't even like DC but it's hilarious when DC puts the idiot in his place.

It blows my mind though how Cruz spent the majority of his prime years winning zero fights and Dillashaw spent his prime years beating the best BWs in the world yet it somehow miles away from Cruz according to many. You can't argue with fanboyism. He is arguably already ahead of Dom.

Lineker isn't a great win but it's a solid win. Cody has never made 125, like many of Cruz's best wins have. Cruz is bigger than TJ so I don't see the point in bringing any of this up.

TJ was grabbing for Dodson's leg and it's pretty damn clear in the gif that has circulated a million times trying to diminish how good he is. Nonetheless, TJ's loss to Dodson is as relevant as Dom's loss to Faber. TJ was definitely hurt bad, no question. He definitely could have come back. He definitely was not out of it like you claim. I've seen dozens and dozens of fights way, way worse. 1 example off the top of my head being Pat Berry vs Cheick Kongo. 100x worse, Kongo was done but still came back to win. I don't want to use that as a justification to keep TJ/Dodson going because that fight SHOULD have been stopped.

Cruz is a condescending DBAG to everyone, even when he is wrong about things. I don't even like DC but it's hilarious when DC puts the idiot in his place.

It blows my mind though how Cruz spent the majority of his prime years winning zero fights and Dillashaw spent his prime years beating the best BWs in the world yet it somehow miles away from Cruz according to many. You can't argue with fanboyism. He is arguably already ahead of Dom.

You only want to bring up size when it is talking about Dom’s opponents. When it comes to who TJ wants to fight (Mouse, Cejudo). He is challenging himself against the best. The arguments you guys make are so inconsistent.

And who exactly are the best BWs in the world? He hasn’t beaten Dom, Marlon, Rivera, Dodson, not in the UFC but world ranked, Horigucci, Caldwell. He is 1-1 with Asuncao. TJs career is based on 2 wins over Barao, 2 over Neck Tats, an impressive win in Asuncao 2. Certainly #1 in the world right now. All time, not yet.

Back