Dillashaw is a tough matchup for Barao and Heres why

Nobody at Team Alpha Male is going to beat Aldo or Barao. Im not really a Barao fan and want him to lose tbh (only because Brazilian fans' tears are the sweetest and I love their excuses). So yeah I'll tune in to watch Dillashaw get knocked the fuck out and hopefully Cruz gets healthy in the meantime and looks like his old self in a return fight.

He'll be tough, but Barao is too experienced at the top of the division now and is riding such a high off of his title fight wins that I don't think TJ will be able to not get caught by something brutal.

Barao via submission IMO but TKO is also possible.
I really don't see how TJ can win.

TJ's striking won't work against Barao because TJ is a pressure striker he comes forward with multi strike combo's...Barao is when exchanging strike for strike, just look at the Pickett fight.

TJ has a nice clean style but Barao has the timing and the composure of a killer...he'll put TJ away.

Lets hope he pulls a gustaffson.

Does so well it shocks everyone & suddenly hes the favorite guy of the division.

Are the Faber fights really a good barometer for Barao's takedown defense and TJ's capacity to take Barao down?

I don't recall any takedown attempts by Faber in his second fight with Barao, As for the first fight, I don't recall Faber shooting in for any takedown attempts. If memory serves, Faber's few takedown attempts originated with grabbing Barao's leg when defending a kick. Plus, Faber allegedly broke his rib early in the fight, which would naturally hinder his takedown ability.

My recollection may be off, and I'm hardly suggesting TJ has a good chance at beating Barao. But concluding that TJ can't take down Barao based on the Faber fights seems to me a bit hasty.

I dont see TJ winning but hes not getting the credit he deserves. He will make Renan fight. I still think he beat Assuncao and should be on a 6 fight win steak. Improves a lot every fight

theres a clip that always gets show in promos where Barao leaps onto his opponent and takes their back midair while wrapping his legs around them. Cant remember which fight it was, but that a moment where I knew this kid had "it". something you could never teach to someone. Barao just naturally has instincts to kill an opponent, and now that he has technical skills to back it up- hes fucking terrifying
That's the Pickett fight. Rogan was also extremely impressed with it.
Nobody at Team Alpha Male is going to beat Aldo or Barao. Im not really a Barao fan and want him to lose tbh (only because Brazilian fans' tears are the sweetest and I love their excuses). So yeah I'll tune in to watch Dillashaw get knocked the fuck out and hopefully Cruz gets healthy in the meantime and looks like his old self in a return fight.
That's a really silly reason to root against a fighter. He seems like a good guy and he's a well rounded finisher, what more could you ask for from a champion?
Are the Faber fights really a good barometer for Barao's takedown defense and TJ's capacity to take Barao down?

I don't recall any takedown attempts by Faber in his second fight with Barao, As for the first fight, I don't recall Faber shooting in for any takedown attempts. If memory serves, Faber's few takedown attempts originated with grabbing Barao's leg when defending a kick. Plus, Faber allegedly broke his rib early in the fight, which would naturally hinder his takedown ability.

My recollection may be off, and I'm hardly suggesting TJ has a good chance at beating Barao. But concluding that TJ can't take down Barao based on the Faber fights seems to me a bit hasty.
He attempted one takedown against Barao in their second fight, a single leg iirc. I haven't seen the first fight in a white but I vaguely remember a few takedown attempts that were stuffed.

I suspect the reason Faber didn't pressure Barao more with takedowns is because Barao is pretty good at keeping his distance. Faber never seemed like he was able to work his way in close enough to try a serious takedown attempt.

I see him as a younger, less experienced Faber. Sure, he has a shot, but I'd say it's less of a shot than Faber has/had

2 very explosive fighters it's gonna be fireworks can't wait

Just wanted to update this thread with a pics for ya'll..

10375707_717873084902400_1561785683_n.jpg

Doesn't look that drained at 148 few days before weigh ins
914355_1424383567823051_995999540_n.jpg

looking relaxed on fight week, lol at the manlet clubs.
10326565_1385006005121103_1553759572_n.jpg

barao is going to be dethroned sat night

He has no chance

Barao TKO 2

He's a poor mans Faber and we all saw what Barao did to him.

I stopped reading at "Dillashaw is a tough matchup for Barao"

one last bump before tonight...

expect TJ to make this a very close fight

I will be accepting apologies all Sunday for people that called me a troll and a retard(Steve08 where you at)

I thinked that Barao was going to destroy Dillashaw, but holy shit man, you are on some nostradamus thing.

Back