Dillashaw is a tough matchup for Barao and Heres why

At that weight class, it seems like it's impossible to clinch for long, keep a guy down for long, and to keep any dominant position for long.
And it's almost impossible with Barao as the opponent.

I don't know.... I think Barao is SO much faster than Dillashaw.
I'd like to see Dillashaw vs McDonald.
I think Mcdonald beats dillishaw by UD or sub maybe even Tko

Reasons why he's not a good match up.

1) He hasn't beaten anyone notable to deserve a shot.
2) He's on a 1 fight win streak
3) He lost to John Dodson
4) He hasn't beaten anyone notable to deserve a shot.

Let's just face it, he's a filler.

UFC 173: Killer vs Filler

I'm glad others actually recognize TJ is a very good opponent for Barao, and deserves much more respect.

I sti feel like Faver is better in each of those areas. But we'll see.

I don't ever want to count anyone out of a fight, but I don't see Dillashaw bringing anything new to the table. I'll be surprised if it goes past the third round, Barao is a lot better at everything in my opinion.

Well, maybe not pure wrestling, but I would argue that Barao's grappling style is far more suited for MMA and he won't have any trouble stuffing TJ's shots.

I don't see it...I can't picture any way that TJ takes this fight

I will say that this is MMA and anything can happen, but the chances of him winning are very slim, he's not as good as you guys are making him out to be.

06ACj2V.png

I mean no disrespect, but he's only fought one top 10 guy and he didn't get the nod. Given it could have went either way, it still doesn't convince me he stands a chance against one of the greatest bantamweights ever.

This is a tough fight for Barao. But still I think he will win in a dominant way.

I will say that this is MMA and anything can happen, but the chances of him winning are very slim, he's not as good as you guys are making him out to be.

06ACj2V.png

I mean no disrespect, but he's only fought one top 10 guy and he didn't get the nod. Given it could have went either way, it still doesn't convince me he stands a chance against one of the greatest bantamweights ever.

Both losses are shady bro

Dodson was stopped too quickly and many scored the Assuncao fight for Dillashaw. And Assuncao was supposed to fight for the belt

TJ is screwed.

His striking is not better then Eddie Wineland, his explosions are not on level with Uriah and his wrestling is not either.

Tj is in for a KO loss on his record if he does not get submitted first.

title made me laugh...

Barao by flying anaconda choke

Come match day, believe me, all guys thinking Dillashaw can give Barao a tough match will have to eat their thoughts. For god's sake this guy struggled with Assuanco and you are saying he will beat a guy who schooled Urijah Faber?

Its a ppv headliner so ,of course, T.j will be built up appropriately ....but as far as 135 pounds are concerned- Ufc will have to scour the earth to find a competitive fOE for Barao..This will be validated when Cruz gets demolished by Renan....and he will fight for title immediately cause they'll have no options.

Barao should make quick work of TJ. Barao is too fast and too powerful of a striker.

TJ is a "game opponent", which is just another way of saying he has tenacity on his side and little else. Sometimes tenacity is enough, especially for a good wrestler who needs some take downs. I just don't think it will be enough in this case.

I like TJ alot after his time on TUF and was hoping he would get a title shot eventually once he gained more experience but I don't think he has a chance in hell against Barao atleast at this point in time .
And yes I am a bigger Barao fan but I don't think this is clouding my judgement .

Please. Great fighter vs. very good fighter. I don't know about 6-1 underdog, but it sure isn't slanted in Dillashaw's favor.

Wolf Tickets.

TJ doesn't have the same ability to do damage with his punches like Barao does. TJ might be quicker at landing jabs and short combos and stuff, but unless he lands a ton of them, Barao's punches will have more of an effect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back