Dillashaw is a tough matchup for Barao and Heres why

i do feel tj is getting underrated. i think his chance to win is using his power and just setting up power shots honestly. use his wrestling like crazy early on bring it to barao

I think TJ is going to learn a hard lesson in this fight. I feel bad for team alpha male they're all right there. Right on the cusp of gold but just one step below the champs in their division. I don't think TJ is as close as the others have been though. I think he's a great fighter that will hopefully learn and grow from this fight but I just don't think he knows what he's in for until it hits him.

Didn't really like him on TUF. After watching some of his fights in the UFC though he's grown on me. I live in the sacramento area now to so I am a fan. Hope he wins.

i do feel tj is getting underrated. i think his chance to win is using his power and just setting up power shots honestly. use his wrestling like crazy early on bring it to barao

Barao isnt Viana or Tamura. And why do people keep talking about Tylor's power?

Can't believe I'm posting in this bullshit troll account thread.

You seem to have forgotten that I'm onto your shit, brainwash.
Agreed. Dillashaw having a cardio advantage won't matter when he is stopped in the first round.
It's as if you think Barao is a god who literally can't be beaten lol. This fight will surprise a lot of people.

Reasons why he's not a good match up.

1) He hasn't beaten anyone notable to deserve a shot.
2) He's on a 1 fight win streak
3) He lost to John Dodson
4) He hasn't beaten anyone notable to deserve a shot.

Let's just face it, he's a filler.

Barao will go super saiyan as soon as he smells blood and take him out. This won't last long

tj got knocked out by john dodson. foolish not to pick barao here.

I don't see this going well for Dillashaw either, the fight won't see the third round.

Faber has all three traits and excels in them. And we all know what happened.

Dillashaw won't be any threat to the champion.

It's as if you think Barao is a god who literally can't be beaten lol. This fight will surprise a lot of people.

its as if we think Barao is a younger, 10x better fighter with 3x more experience.

striking: Barao, not even close
Wrestling: maybe TJ, but by so little it doesn't even matter
Subs: Barao
Cardio: Barao, TJ has never been in there with a killer like Barao to show any great cardio
Speed: Barao
Power: Barao
Overall athleticism: Barao
Size: Barao
Experience: Baraooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo like CRAZY.
Momentum: Barao has won his last 31, TJ has won his last ONE lol.
Chin & recovery: Barao

Im not even a huge Barao fan. just typing honestly as I think about it.

anything can happen in mma. I wouldn't even be hugely surprised if TJ manages to make it longer than 1 or 2 rounds. but to say he is a "tough" fight lol no. he is just another fighter that will pad Baraos record, barring a 1 in 1 million punch that can happen in any fight.

Last edited:
1) Explosive Wrestling Dillashaw excels in the one key area that it's going to take to beat Barao. An Explosive double or single leg which is something Urijah Faber lacked....make no mistake about it, faber is the better scrambler, but TJ has the better shot.

2) Improved Standup TJ has improved his power, fludity, combos, footwork. See easton fight for proof. Dillashaw is a better striker than Faber and won't be out his league on the feet with Barao!

3) Cardio
the biggest key for TJ in this fight, if he can keep a good pace up for the first 15 minutes he can get easier takedowns in the 4th and 5th, and take over the fight.

this fight is much closer than the +600 odds right now.
1.Wrestling - I think he gets TJ gets annihilated. Barao has 100% takedown defense. He tries a double leg and he gets kneed in the face.

2. Striking - Comparing Easton to Barao is ridiculous, Barao has way more weapons. Spinning shit. jumping shit. faster, smoother, more deadly.

3. Cardio - Although he has 7 fights in the UFC he is only 5-2 biggest win was Easton who is on a 3 fight losing streak. He has never been in the championship rounds before.

Whereas Barao is 9-0 under Zuffa only only going to decision 3 times. He went and subbed Michael McDonald in the 4 th round. He has championship experience.

This is literally a huge mismatch. but good luck betting on TJ.

If there is such thing as a natural born fighter,it would be Barao.This is the intangible you cannot materialize.Methinks Renan was a feline in an earlier life.
I think Dillashaw is one of the top prospects in the FW division but he's being rushed into this tiltle contention!
Barao is a scary dude. loses his first fight ever and then goes on a basically a 32 fight win streak, with 22 stoppages. TJ is a dead man walking.

If there is such thing as a natural born fighter,it would be Barao.This is the intangible you cannot materialize.Methinks Renan was a feline in an earlier life.
I think Dillashaw is one of the top prospects in the FW division but he's being rushed into this tiltle contention!

theres a clip that always gets show in promos where Barao leaps onto his opponent and takes their back midair while wrapping his legs around them. Cant remember which fight it was, but that a moment where I knew this kid had "it". something you could never teach to someone. Barao just naturally has instincts to kill an opponent, and now that he has technical skills to back it up- hes fucking terrifying

Back