Dillashaw is a tough matchup for Barao and Heres why

Calboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1) Explosive Wrestling Dillashaw excels in the one key area that it's going to take to beat Barao. An Explosive double or single leg which is something Urijah Faber lacked....make no mistake about it, faber is the better scrambler, but TJ has the better shot.

2) Improved Standup TJ has improved his power, fludity, combos, footwork. See easton fight for proof. Dillashaw is a better striker than Faber and won't be out his league on the feet with Barao!

3) Cardio
the biggest key for TJ in this fight, if he can keep a good pace up for the first 15 minutes he can get easier takedowns in the 4th and 5th, and take over the fight.

this fight is much closer than the +600 odds right now.

I am with you. I truly believe TJ can make a fight out of this

I think that this might just be too much too soon for Dillashaw. I think he has the potential to be a tough match for Barao in the future but for now he's just a poor mans Dominick Cruz with better finishing ability.

Are you really saying that Faber doesn't have good takedowns?

TJ is good, I like him. He's a skilled prospect and has a future in the division. He is not prepared for the animal that is Barao.

lol.... Faber has a great shot, and he knows how to mix his strikes with his takedowns, i dont know what you are talking about dude.

Dillashaw is going to get outclassed badly. I hope this is entertaining and concussion free, even if it lasts 1 round.

I hope you're right TS, rooting for Dillashaw here.

the way i see it.. the whole division only has a punchers chance vs barao

Are you really saying that Faber doesn't have good takedowns?

TJ is good, I like him. He's a skilled prospect and has a future in the division. He is not prepared for the animal that is Barao.

no, faber has great takedowns. I just think Dillashaw covers distance a bit quicker which is key when your facing a guy like Barao because he controls the distance so well.

I like tj, but i just dont see him winning. He is like Faber 0.5.

I agree with you on the Faber shot being weak. He's great at mixing up his strikes and takedowns and changing levels but he's not as strong as other guys in the division, more relying on that adrenaline speed of his.

no, faber has great takedowns. I just think Dillashaw covers distance a bit quicker which is key when your facing a guy like Barao because he controls the distance so well.

At that weight class, it seems like it's impossible to clinch for long, keep a guy down for long, and to keep any dominant position for long.
And it's almost impossible with Barao as the opponent.

I don't know.... I think Barao is SO much faster than Dillashaw.
I'd like to see Dillashaw vs McDonald.

Barao's TDD is some of if not the best in the UFC

I haven't seen Renan gas towards the end of his fights, he does do a big cut so that may effect him if it doesn't go to plan, but if it does he will be a fair bit bigger than TJ so if the grapple and TJ finds Renan leaning on him it will be TJ that tires sooner.

Barao by sub early.

Barao is better everywhere. However, Dillashaw is still exceptional everywhere, and he'll probably test Barao in all areas. If Barao makes any crucial mistakes, he might have a really bad time of it. That's just the level these guys are fighting at.

Barao's TDD is some of if not the best in the UFC

I haven't seen Renan gas towards the end of his fights, he does do a big cut so that may effect him if it doesn't go to plan, but if it does he will be a fair bit bigger than TJ so if the grapple and TJ finds Renan leaning on him it will be TJ that tires sooner.

Barao by sub early.

100% TDD... I know, that's pretty sick, the dude has never been taken down in the UFC.

At this point, TJ is a greener, poor man's Faber. He may improve and get better in the future. If Uriah can't have any success AT ALL, I don't see how TJ has a shot to win against Barao.

Dillashaw is a tough matchup for anybody. He's an extremely tough, extremely well-rounded fighter just coming into his prime. Barao is the better fighter, but on any given night Dillashaw can pull off the upset.

Barao via destruction. I still don't understand why they are rushing Dillashaw.

Okay but lets see if he can actually apply these factors too barao or will he be another W in the record books.

This is a pretty easy fight for Barao IMO

Barao is a true finisher. TJ's only hope is to squeak out a close decision... and that's never a good sign.

Back