News Dillashaw enters the bantamweight rankings at #2

UFC very clearly want to push him into the title picture very soon

Left as Champ, comes back unranked, knocks off #2, seems legit...

In all actuality if we were doing the ranking based on current ability and past fight performances, without giving the titleholder an automatic #1 spot, they would arguably read as follows... Aljo didn’t show us anything in his last performance to suggest that he’s truly one of the top 3 players.

1.) Yan
2.) TJ
3.) Sandhagen
4.) Font
5.) Aljo

I could care less about rankings but Aljo smoked Sandhagen a year ago, Cory lost that and Saturday night and you still have Sandhagen at #3 and Aljo at #5. I know you're saying without giving the title holder auto #1 but saying "Aljo didn’t show us anything in his last performance to suggest that he’s truly one of the top 3 players" while Aljo smoked #3 a year ago is just weird. I'm assuming you forgot about that fight. Not giving you shit, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Fair enough. Was Champ before being taken out of the rankings and came back to beat the #2 guy.

he shouldn't have been fighting for #2 in the first place, tho.

Why, because some dude online wants the 2 year suspension to set him back harder?

He was the Bantamweight champion with a title defense, who didn't lose his belt in a fight. He absolutely is worthy of fighting the best. The fact that his returning fight wasn't a title fight is punishment enough

In all actuality if we were doing the ranking based on current ability and past fight performances, without giving the titleholder an automatic #1 spot, they would arguably read as follows... Aljo didn’t show us anything in his last performance to suggest that he’s truly one of the top 3 players.

1.) Yan
2.) TJ
3.) Sandhagen
4.) Font
5.) Aljo

With all the respect to you and your opinion, but following that logic Yan didnt seem to have the ability to fight clean and not using an illegal knee in a title fight, so he shouldnt be number 1. Ranks are based on what you actually do and not what you potentially could.

Also how is Cory above Aljo, when Sterling finished him easily in 1 round?

Last edited:
Since It's Yan v Aljo, I would love to see Aldo vs TJ, Font vs Cory

The Aldo fight won't happen but it would be amazing.

1.) Yan
2.) TJ
3.) Sandhagen
4.) Font
5.) Aljo

Aljo finished Sandhagen in the first round. How do you rank Corey above him?

Someone missed this:

3af3eb6c-a871-11ea-8ea0-d7434be00753_image_hires_235315.jpg

That happened.

1.) Yan
2.) TJ
3.) Sandhagen
4.) Font
5.) Aljo

But Aljo ran through Sandhagen like fire through bushes. Cory shouldn't be ranked ahead of him now. What would warrant that?

I could care less about rankings but Aljo smoked Sandhagen a year ago, Cory lost that and Saturday night and you still have Sandhagen at #3 and Aljo at #5. I know you're saying without giving the title holder auto #1 but saying "Aljo didn’t show us anything in his last performance to suggest that he’s truly one of the top 3 players" while Aljo smoked #3 a year ago is just weird. I'm assuming you forgot about that fight. Not giving you shit, it just doesn't make sense to me.

With all the respect to you and your opinion, but following that logic Yan didnt seem to have the ability to fight clean and not using an illegal knee in a title fight, so he shouldnt be number 1. Ranks are based on what you actually do and not what you potentially could.

Also how is Cory above Aljo, when Sterling finished him easily in 1 round?

Aljo finished Sandhagen in the first round. How do you rank Corey above him?

People yelling robbery but the better fighter clearly won. TJ had to battle through a popped knee and a bad cut and still managed to do as well as he did
TJ had to battle through because Corey fucked him up. TJ barely landed anything but pitty patter leg kicks that didn't even look to bother Corey. Corey did more damage to TJ's leg in one submission attempt than TJ did with all his strikes. It was a complete robbery, ala Diego Sanchez/Leonard Garcia.

I know he is old and weathered at this point but still..

Seeing Cruz at the #10 slot..

Yeah, this division is STACKED.

People yelling robbery but the better fighter clearly won. TJ had to battle through a popped knee and a bad cut and still managed to do as well as he did

Even if he would have lost, that fight really showed the tremendous heart of TJ and his intelligent approach to fighting being able to change gameplans on the spot. He is kind of the anti Garbrandt.

Regarding rankings I dont think many people take UFC rankings serious. Cruz in the top 10 is just nonsensical as is Aldo at 5 or Garbrandt at 6.

I honestly would have preferred TJ being put at 3 or 4 so he would need at least one more fight before a title shot. Best scenario imo is TJ has 2 more fights. One against lower level maybe top15-20 to get back from his injury and then if he wins a title eliminator after Yan had his rematch.

110-59
45% - 41%

Not a robbery, but Sandhagen was clearly a better fighter that night.

Dana loves his blondes..

b19e6a46130455c3f2beada76ca0baaa.jpg

<45><45>OH MY GOODNESS this killed me... GOLD!!!<Lmaoo>

I don't like him as a person, but he's such a top addition to an already solid division, it's good to have him back. Would love to see him vs. Yan.

I hate Dillashaw as much as the next guy but that fight on Saturday wasn’t that much of a robbery, dude can fight and has heart

Number 2 seems fair

Back