Dillashaw doesn't believe Barao deserves an immediate rematch

I don't believe so either, now there is an opportunity for some interesting matchups to take place and shake up the division

He said at the presser, Barao deserves a rematch, now he's saying he doesn't deserve a rematch?

There definitely shouldn't be an instant rematch.

TJ is right. Had he finished him in the first round it would have been possible to discuss it since that can be a "fluke" (and seeing how no one believed in TJ before the fight it would have been seen as such), but when he outclasses Barao for almost 5 rounds it's solidly proven that he was much better than his opponent.

haha

Someone should remind TJ he didn't deserve a title shot either

I wanted Barao to win, but TJ is absolutely right. No way Barao deserves an instant rematch after the way he lost. Get a couple of wins first.

the guy didn't lose for like 10 years. Of course he deserves the rematch.

Nearly 7 of those years he was fighting guys the rest of the MMA world have never heard of in Brazil.

How does he deserve a titleshot more than the man who beat TJ last?

Barao's a great fighter, but his title run wasn't long enough and the fight wasn't competitive enough to stir interest in a rematch, at this point.

haha

Someone should remind TJ he didn't deserve a title shot either

That might be. But if you step up to fight the champ deserving or not, and beat the snot out of the champ.. You WERE deserving.

Barao can take a number and wait his turn for a shot at the title.
Nothing warrants a rematch. NOTHING

barao gonna run through that division so he gonna end up fighting him again if he still has the title

Barao should fight Mizugaki next, if he rematches Dillashaw so soon he will just lose again and then his title hopes are really squashed at that point.

I agree. Let them get another couple fights apart before putting them back together.

Let Barao have a few wins first. I'm sure he'll get back to title fights in no time.

If it was a quick KO then sure, he deserves it. However that was not the case, he got dominated from start to finish.

Back