Dillashaw doesn't believe Barao deserves an immediate rematch

Selukrid612

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
He doesn't. He got beat every round then finished.

Edit: Didn't even read TJ's quote, ah well.

Something to open the division up a little would be nice.

Either Assuncao, or pay Demetrious a bit extra to come give the BW belt another shot.
I think Demetrious has improved so much, he might be able to beat any BW at this point.
Assuncao earned it, but it's just not that interesting of a fight. Hard to get people excited for a rematch, which I think would be another close fight.

I agree with TJ's logic not a close fight no rematch.

He's right and I don't' have anything against instant rematches. The fight was just pure domination.

Lawler deserved one against Johnny and Johnny deserved one against GSP, but these were fights that were so close that Dana thought the loser won so..........................................

HELL NO!! I wanted Barao to win but he doesn't deserve the immediate rematch! Dillashaw has earned the belt with his FOTY performance. Brilliant fight.

Well its not like he lost a close/controversial decision, he got beat down pretty bad. I agree with TJ

The very idea of giving Barao the rematch after the beating he took is incredulous. I don't care if he was 100-0 going into the fight. No one deserves an immediate rematch if they were clearly outclassed for the entire fight.

TJ should fight Assuncao to clear his loss against him. In the mean while, give Barao Mizugaki or Iuri Alcantara. If they both win their respective fights, then do Barao/TJ II.

TJ is winning the 6th round* by domination too.

:D

(Post-fight talking.)

To be fair, it's the flunky Barao coach who started this crap, not Barao himself.

TJ is cocky, he's ducking, blah blah blah....

No? Doesn't work here?

Tj vs assuncao 2 would be better for the division. Barao got handled like a door knob

And TJ is correct in saying so. There was no fluke or flash KO from a lucky punch. There was a dominant performance by someone who most gave zero chance of winning. Barao doesn't deserve an immediate rematch any more than Brock deserved one after being beaten by Cain.

Barao doesn't deserve a rematch but Dillashaw doesn't really make a valid point here. Barao was for all intents and purposes done after that overhand right landed in the first round, it doesn't matter that the finish came by strikes in the fifth as opposed as opposed to a choke in the first because either way the damage had already been done.

Back