Dillashaw: Barao Too Big, Too Slow for Bantamweight

You lose one fight after a decade and suddenly you suck balls.

My ideal scenario would be McGregor beats Aldo, Aldo moves up to LW and Barao moves up to FW.

As I said in another thread, Barao is too big and slow for T.J. Dillashaw and probably Dominick Cruz, but he soundly beat just about everyone else. I voted for too big since he struggles with the weight cut and it's only going to get worse as he gets older.

I cant wait to see that rematch. Hes been talking alot

You lose one fight after a decade and suddenly you suck balls.

Renan Barao does not suck. His time at BW has cone to an end and he needs to move up to FW where he belongs. Trust me, I hate when posters abandon Anderson after him losing to Weidman, but truth is some guys are just better than others.

Dillashaw already beat down Renan and mentally broke him making him miss weight for the original re-match. Tj has already won the battle and war.

I dont understand this McGregor beating Aldo scenerio...

if the UFC champs were the Saved by the bell cast, McGregor would play Screech to Aldos A_C Slater

giphy.gif

As I said in another thread, Barao is too big and slow for T.J. Dillashaw and probably Dominick Cruz, but he soundly beat just about everyone else. I voted for too big since he struggles with the weight cut and it's only going to get worse as he gets older.

This about hits the nail right centre on the head.

Well you can't deny that Barao is big for BW, he weighs almost the same as Aldo on fight night.

Well you can't deny that Barao is big for BW, he weighs almost the same as Aldo on fight night.

and they have the same walk around weight off camp....

The thing that annoys me is that MMA media never ask TJ the natural follow-up question:

"Ok, so Barao is too slow, too big, a step behind, weight cutting to the point of being a bad fighter. Ok. So how bad is your man Urijah that Barao beat him. Easily. Twice.?"

Barao cuts a lot of weight. In the TJ fight, it was his nigiht. He knocked out Barao in the first and then it was game over from there. I really would like to see a rematch. Tj looks like he's in his prime and getting exponentially better and Barao doesn't look as quick a he did before. But one loss in 10 years is insane. Looking forward to seeing him fight again.

neither. barao has a home there for now.

sure he failed attempting to make weight to rematch tj, but he made weight on his follow up fight gagnon. and all the times before. and made multiple defences whilst at it.

Barao is a great fighter, at worst he is 2nd best in the division, their are many people who can never achieve that

Wtf barao is one of faster fighters at bw
He is big,but not slow. Brad pickett is slow,neil seery is slow,john lineker is slow,etc. Barao is fast,but tj is super fast or flyweight fast if you like

Back