Media Dillashaw aims at 'Slow' Max Holloway after Henry Cejudo

Good for TJ.

A win Vs Max would already put him in the GOAT discussion.

Said this in other thread

but I think Holloway could actually beat this midget with one arm tied around his back

Jab him to death

tenor.gif

Keep side-stepping; Moraes will still be there waiting for you when you get back.

Well, I'm glad he's talking about a challenge instead of the champion a division down from him.

Lol, wasn't Neck Tats calling TJ slow before their fight

Max is a lightweight, TJ is a bantamweight. The fight won't ever happen though, so I'm not concerned for TJ.

so he gets hated on for predating on the smaller champ and now he has his eyes on the larger opponent people are still giving him shit .

Ballsy but that wouldn’t end well for him, Max is too long and rangy and his movement is too good for TJ to be able to find his range and close distance on him.

Rory Mac found out why there are weight classes for a reason, I think TJ should just focus on his own division.

<Huh2>

I mean, I appreciate the hustle but he would have zero change against Max. I'm hoping Cejudo pulls off the win. I read somewhere that Henry's team suggested that if TJ misses weight, his belt should be on the line. I think thats only fair.

Ballsy but that wouldn’t end well for him, Max is too long and rangy and his movement is too good for TJ to be able to find his range and close distance on him.

Rory Mac found out why there are weight classes for a reason, I think TJ should just focus on his own division.
If Gegard and Rory was same size, Rory would still get destroyed

Not about size, but about skill

so he gets hated on for predating on the smaller champ and now he has his eyes on the larger opponent people are still giving him shit .

All power to him if he wants to try to be BJ Penn but look how some people view BJ Penn and his record for trying to challenge himself.

I think Max who looks HUGE for FW ... would be too much for TJ.

Max will probably be a LW soon enough.
He is too good and too big imo for TJ.

But all power to him if he wants to try.

Last edited:
If Gegard and Rory was same size, Rory would still get destroyed

Not about size, but about skill

Well yeah but Rory was a deer in the headlights once Gegard got top control, bud. Of course the jabs were what dictated the timidness from Rory but the size difference was evident on the ground.

My point was not diminish the well known talent of Mousasi but to give an example of a fighter biting off more than he could chew.

I guess I could have utilized a better example but that was the one that came to mind first.

I hope TJ destroys both.

The meltdown of one of sherdog's favourites losing would be worth it alone.

I would only not look forward to the tons of fake fans TJ would gain that would parade around like they were fans all along.

If TJ beats both, he is right up there with the GSPs, Silvas, Jones, Fedor's, Aldo's, etc.

Well yeah but Rory was a deer in the headlights once Gegard got top control, bud. Of course the jabs were what dictated the timidness from Rory but the size difference was evident on the ground.

My point was not diminish the well known talent of Mousasi but to give an example of a fighter biting off more than he could chew.

I guess I could have utilized a better example but that was the one that came to mind first.
He was getting out technique and destroy on feet first and Gegard was also faster

If Gegard was smaller, he'd be even faster

<Huh2>

I mean, I appreciate the hustle but he would have zero change against Max. I'm hoping Cejudo pulls off the win. I read somewhere that Henry's team suggested that if TJ misses weight, his belt should be on the line. I think thats only fair.

No that's not fair, because TJ would be sacrificing his normal preparations for 135 and the possibility he could lose his belt for cutting more weight and making significant dietary changes would not be right imo.

I get your point, but I'm sort of the opposite. I kinda hope TJ wins because I like him but I also respect Cejudo being as how he seems like a humble guy with a good head on his shoulders. Whether I am rooting for TJ or not, I am leaning towards Cejudo winning because I think he's more experienced at flw and TJ might lose some of his best assets with the cut. Just my 2 cents.

Back