Dilema of conscience regarding no-gi ezequiel =(

My instructer did a bow and arrow choke on a dude wearing underarmour and it didnt rip

I'm drinking now so I'm no filtering myself. Apologies in advance

I'm a judo guy with a gi background so don't start with me on this shit. I've been around longer than most of you noob schmucks have heard about Gracie jj.

Unless you live in siberia your jacket doesn't resemble anything you'd wear out to parties. You'll rip my skin tight tapout shirt off before you choke me with. Sure as shit aren't gonna try to throw anyone with it

Whether I'm buck naked fending off your dad after running the gauntlet on your sisters or dressed like 007 if I apply said strategies/principles from said art then I'm sure as shit practicing that art

come at me bro

I live out in the counntry in texas. Lots of dudes wear carhart jackets(including myself) when it gets cold. I guarantee a BJJ guy would have his way with one of these guys if they started some shit.

It's legit. There's some guys that are very good with it, and can finish skilled practitioners. If you can get it, use it. If he taps it's jiu jitsu. It he can't defend it, then his jiu jitsu is ineffective.

wow, I'm kind of a douche when I'm drinking...

anyway...

^^ eff that, you're money. I agree with alot of what you say. Do your thing.

Whether I'm buck naked fending off your dad after running the gauntlet on your sisters or dressed like 007 if I apply said strategies/principles from said art then I'm sure as shit practicing that art

I was LMFAO for a good 2 min.

Last edited:
I love the Nogi Ezekiel. Lots of my friends are the typical "I play the UFC video game so I can fight" type of people. Every time I roll with them I do moves I know they've never seen before.... Like the Ezekiel choke. : )

Hey TS try doing the choke with the forearm instead of the fist like of like a "front" naked choke but slightly off to the side like an arm triangle. There's no pain, no crank, just blood.

Unless you live in siberia your jacket doesn't resemble anything you'd wear out to parties. You'll rip my skin tight tapout shirt off before you choke me with. Sure as shit aren't gonna try to throw anyone with it

t

um, most jacket have lapels and sleeves.

you do know that bjj jackets are so thick because it is used for training and needs to be durable.

I am sure someone would be able to collar choke you with your members only jacket.

and yes, if you act like a douche when you drink i think you might be an alcoholic.

I live out in the counntry in texas. Lots of dudes wear carhart jackets(including myself) when it gets cold. I guarantee a BJJ guy would have his way with one of these guys if they started some shit.

Won't argue with that. Those carhart jackets have the denim that's pretty similar to a gi...

LOL why am I not surprised you wear a skin tight tapout shirt

sarcasm meter broken?

wow bro, why dont you fuckin calm down. Nogi Isnt college wrestling, sambo, catch wrestling, or any other grappling art either. Its a fair arena where all those disciplines can be applied. All im saying is there is no reason to let the " Flawless technique before strength" mantra of BJJ to hinder his nogi game, cause that just isnt what nogi is about. Just go in there and kick ass.

Whiney bitch.
Flawless technique before strength is not just some mantra of BJJ. Technique is more important in every combat sport because it works. Having technique wasn't invented in BJJ. Better technique will always trump power. So yes, that is what no-gi is about, that is what college wrestling, sambo, catch wrestling, and every other grappling art is about... technique. Power helps make up for the lack of technique (because no one in the world will ever have 100% perfect technique.)

That being said, I don't think a no-gi ezekiel is poor technique. It only takes about 5 lbs of pressure to put someone out, so when properly applied it's not like you're using too much strength. It if works in your game, it works.

Back