Difficult friend

motorboatJones

Bird Law
@Black
Reaction score
Anyone have a difficult friend?

I have this friend I have known for almost 30 years. It's always been a struggle but lately it's too much.

At what point do you give up? I gave up once but he pestered me for a month until I relented. It's always the same, he is right, you are wrong, you do or say bad things that hurt his feelings.

He jumped my shit because I didn't comment on one of his vids. He implied I was a hypocrite because I complain about the same thing. At the time he told me he can't watch youtube because his internet sucks and youtube buffers so much he can't watch vids.

I would reply to his emails about bizarre shit like the Illuminati even though I couldn't care less.I only did it because he's been a friend since HS. I have seen his darkest days, trust me. He never replied back. No problem, who's counting anyway? Well, he was. At one point he replied to an email I had sent to him then 10 hrs later he told me he didn't get the email, so what was it? You see? I was so confused I didn't know whether to shit or go blind yet I am the bad guy and hypocrite because I didn't comment on one of his videos? I've had it.

I have been thinking about it. I don't give a fuck any more. I stopped having anything to do with him 3 years ago because of this shit. I only gave in after he begged me. Even then he passively assigned blame to me.

To put this in to perspective, his own brother hates him and has not had any thing to do with him for 20 years. He will not let his son have any relationship with my friend. Imagine that, your own brother won't let his son know you.

When I was at my lowest (I have MS) I asked him to go to the store for me. This was years ago. He came over to my house but said he would only drive me he would not go inside. I said I needed him to go in and buy some things for me. He refused. That's a selfish prick right there. Anyway, we are not perfect but enough of this shit. I'm done.

OK, sorry about the rant.

Guy sounds like a tool. He drove you to the store when you have MS and wouldn't help you by going in? Even when you asked him to?

That's a really low thing to do to someone. Sounds like he is a total prick.

I have a friend like that. Someone for whom I was there at their very lowest while they were collapsed on the floor sobbing but who never returned the favour.

Asked for coffee after husband's trip to cancer clinic...nope, she had to go to the gym. Asked for movie night after a miscarriage to get some escapism...nope, forgot all about our plans and asked me to babysit her infant.

Sigh. Riles me up just thinking about it.

I have a friend like that. Someone for whom I was there at their very lowest while they were collapsed on the floor sobbing but who never returned the favour.

Asked for coffee after husband's trip to cancer clinic...nope, she had to go to the gym. Asked for movie night after a miscarriage to get some escapism...nope, forgot all about our plans and asked me to babysit her infant.

Sigh. Riles me up just thinking about it.

..she sounds like a botch

MS was a shocker MBJ. You don't need people in your life who don't make you happy. I'm young compared to you (I believe) and I learned long enough ago to live life for myself and to care less about what other people think.

Obviously you need relationships in life to be happy, but constantly sacrificing your own patience and frustrations to benefit someone who is so obviously unwilling to do the same is an utter waste of time. You two seem to be incompatible due to contrasting personalities. Move on without him in your life man, better people will come around.

MS was a shocker MJB. You don't need people in your life who don't make you happy. I'm young compared to you (I believe) and I learned long enough ago to live life for myself and to care less about what other people think.

Obviously you need relationships in life to be happy, but constantly sacrificing your own patience and frustrations to benefit someone who is so obviously unwilling to do the same is an utter waste of time. You two seem to be incompatible due to contrasting personalities. Move on without him in your life man, better people will come around.

Thanks.

To be fair he has shown a lot of compassion about my illness. He had a bad moment and I was willing to forgive because of the shit we have been through together. At the time he would not take me to the store he was in a bad way so I overlooked it. No one is perfect but like a woman that gets beat over and over you just get sick of it and eventually decide enough is enough.

I'm over it. When he asks me why I haven't called/texted, etc. I will say we just aren't compatible. I'm not going to rant like a bitch and point fingers. I'm taking the high road. He lives 40 miles away so it's not like I will run in to him all the time.

tf is up with your av ts.

anyway I have a friend who is like that. a hypocritical lazy bastard. stopped kickin' it with him for a while and he wised up. hes changed a bit. I just dont trust him as much

One of my friends I've known over 20 years is a pill junkie. He's stolen from me and his family, robbed random people & is facing 20 years in jail because of his addiction.

I would take him to BWW to watch the fights and he'd nod out in his food or fall over on the ground. He's embarrassed me hundreds of times in public.

Quite possibly the worst friend I've ever had and yet I won't forsake him.

One of my friends I've known over 20 years is a pill junkie. He's stolen from me and his family, robbed random people & is facing 20 years in jail because of his addiction.

I would take him to BWW to watch the fights and he'd nod out in his food or fall over on the ground. He's embarrassed me hundreds of times in public.

Quite possibly the worst friend I've ever had and yet I won't forsake him.

That's the thing, some times you have a bond with the worst people. Only you two know what it's like.

We became friends in hs. Both of us had just moved from another state and at 16 we didn't know anyone and we felt a bit awkward. We had that bond instantly.

That's the thing, some times you have a bond with the worst people. Only you two know what it's like.

We became friends in hs. Both of us had just moved from another state and at 16 we didn't know anyone and we felt a bit awkward. We had that bond instantly.

Me and my friend lived next door to each other. I moved away when I was 19 and he's the only friend of mine I'd keep contact with. He's had a shitty life.

He has to bathe, feed & take care of his mother. His father is deaf and works 70 hours a week so he can take care of all of the BS my friend has put them through.

the fuck kind of shit is that? 30yrs & gets pissed over something like that? fuck that.

lately some of my closest boys have exhibited being royal chump like behavior specificaly when it comes to money.

one only calls when he has financial difficulties giving me the sad wrap how he's in pinch & like a buster I always give in. I called him out on it & he got royally pissed off as if I just banged his girl or some shit. we didn't speak for a while, & then a few weeks later I get a call out of the blue - same shit, same sad story & I just cut him off & said I got you. I gave him the benefit of the doubt & that he understood where words wouldn't have to exchanged. I loaned him the bread & that was that, he never bothered to reach out to me. to this day I must have given the guy well over a grand - seriously fuck the money but I'm closer to this guy than my own real brother. or at least was.

another one of my buddies, which most is disconcerting, fucked with my credit. when we were younger he wanted a cell but needed a credit card. I let him use mine & he's honored all his payments for about 9 years till recently he rolled over from T-Mobile to Verizon, & never paid off his remaining T-Mobile bills. I would fucking hound at him telling him to pay them off & would disappear on me. he did this like 3 times in a row. I was assured T-Mobile wouldn't go after creditors till one day I get mail from Macy's saying they're going to lower my credit line due to my credit score dropping. infuriated I do some investigating & read on the "notes" portion from my credit reading "delinquent payments; T-Mobile".

Ive been thinking about all the shit. I could write a book about it but I think it's just time to move on. He has diabetes and that has kept me from pushing him away. I seriously don't know how he's lived this long but who knows, he might out live us all. Oh well.

I've learned that when u punch a difficult friend in the mouth, it curtails this behavior for a little while at least.

Not even joking. It works.

Get rid of them. The hard part is you feel guilty for being angry at them. So don't be angry. Be genuinely glad for them and wish them well in their new life apart from you

i have a friend who would tell you he was gonna chill with you on this day, make you drive over to his place (since he didnt have a car), and pick him up, and then when you got there (which it was like a 25 minute drive) he'd make up some excuse and bail out. the problem was he use to not have a phone, so you couldnt call/text to make sure everything was good. he would do this all the time. well one time its like a monday, and he tells me he can do something on saturday, so on saturday i drive all the way over there and he says he cant, he has to cut the grass...ok, he says he can do something for sure the next day. so i drive back over there and he says he forgot to cut the grass, so he has to do it today and cant do anything. man i raged out and threatened to beat his ass, his older brother was there and was encouraging me, saying he deserved it lol. so after that i just stopped checking up on him. about half a year goes by and he finally gets a cell phone so things are better now

Back