Different Weight Gainers

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Rascuache, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Rascuache

Rascuache Green Belt

Alright I was thinking of getting 3 different weight gainers and using them at once...

This is the schedule I was thinking of...

ProLab N-Large(30 servings/600cal/$34.85) after breakfast in the mornings

Sans V12(50 servings/$32.99) pre workout

Cytogainer(18 servings/610cal/$26.50) 1 hour after workout

After dinner have Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass(32serving/610cal/$28.99) before I go to sleep...

My non-workout days will just have cytogainer cut out, and one more ON mass shake, just to prolong the cytogainer...

To do this for 2 months it will be:
    (2 ProLab N-Large) $69.70
    (1 Sans V12) $32.99
    (2 Cytogainer) $53.00
    (2 ON Serious Mass) $57.98

Grand Total for two months: $213.67 or about $3.50 a day...

Should I get this setup?, Or would it be better for results to stick to one weight gainer?

2. supersudo

supersudo Purple Belt

:eek:

i think u'd puke everyday u tried taking all that... that's A LOT of sugar

3. Rascuache

Rascuache Green Belt

so one less shake a day?

4. supersudo

supersudo Purple Belt

i think you're ONLY supposed to take 1 serving a day.. some say 5 scoops=1 serving.. however, if u do 5 scoops all at once, most likely u'll feel like puking.. so what ur supposed to do is take 5 scoops spread out during the day.. like 3 scoops here.. and 2 scoops later..

just from my experience.. 5 scoops of weight gainer at once made me sick for a few hours..

5. Chad Hamilton

Chad Hamilton Amateur Fighter

Buy one weight gainer and use it.
    That regimine is, im sorry, absurd.

6. Madmick

Madmick Freedom!!! Staff Member Senior Moderator

Yeah man, 1800 calories is way too much to be getting from weight gainer powders.

Start with 600, then if you don't gain, go as high 900-1200, but no higher. If you need to up your caloric intake after that, you must do it with real food.

I'd get the Dymatize Mega Milk or the Cytosport Cytogainer.

7. Rascuache

Rascuache Green Belt

I have used weight gainers before, and I would have a pretty large diet, and a 600 cal shake with working out, and would not gain any weight;also without cardio...Anywho, the only time I could gain any pounds was with 1200 cal a day from weight gain shakes...

So, I think I might just go with N-Large in the mornings, v12 preworkout, cytogainer 45 min after workout...and just have N-Large twice the next day V12, and no cytogainer to prolong it...

Well,,,I think Ill go with your guys advice and not go past 1200 calories from weight gainers...

8. Rascuache

Rascuache Green Belt

If I cut one shake out a day it's not that absurd...but yeah 3 is pushing it...

9. Rascuache

Rascuache Green Belt

I've never felt sick when having 1200 cal of weight gainer a day...I just drank alot of water, and was fine...

10. PariahCarey

PariahCarey Purple Belt

1)Best weight gainer i've used and still use is nonfat dry milk (12 carbs/8 protien/0 fat ratio). Mixes with a spoon easliy in cold water and i use a 1:1 ratio (which is more than suggested but it still mixes so its probably like 2-3x strength.) If sugar doesn't frighten you add a some chocalate or strawberry quikk. My body fat is now below 20% for the first time in 4 years (was once 33%), my waist is going down but weight is still climbing! Gotta eat every 2-3 hours. Raw nuts and granola trail mix if your n the field (i buy it em buy the bound and make my own trailmix and store it the fridge.

2)If your having trouble eating and your at home and not driving...smoke some w--d Jimi Hendrix and learn how to cook...i think Urban said it-food is the best supplement!

11. Valgarv

Valgarv Guest

That seems like an excessive amount. How much do you weigh and how often/how long do you train?
    How many 'real' meals do you plan to eat?

Also, consider adding pysllium husk fiber to some of those shakes. That could lead to major clogging.

12. Rascuache

Rascuache Green Belt

I plan to eat 3 meals a day...then have 1200 additional calories from shakes...probably about it...maybe snacks every now and then in the day...