Differences Between BJJ & ADCC?

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
To the grappling gurus: what are the main rules differentiatiing the X BJJ Worlds from the ADCC World Championships?

I know the rules of the ADCC, they post them on their website, but could not find the rules for the X BJJ Worlds.

I noticed Roger beat Jacare at the ADCC this year, but Jacare has won the X BJJ the last two years, besting Roger this year.

I came across a search result where the headline seemed to indicate that he was upset with the rules of the X BJJ Worlds, but it was a dead link. Is that true, or was he just upset with his performance?

It also caused me to wonder, is there a difference in the rules that would favor Jacare (or a certain style of grappling)? I don't know much about their respective styles as grapplers, but I was under the impression both wrestled with gis at the ADCC even though gis are optional, so I was wondering what exactly made the ADCC and BJJ Worlds distinct?

I just saw the thread with the highlight vid of Roger Gracie at the European Championship beating Jacare in the finals, so I'm assuming they're just evenly matched.

Still, I'd like to know the difference in rules for anyone who knows. I don't compete BJJ.

Back