Difference in character between Fedor and Conor?

Ridiculous.

He mentioned there names. If that triggers you then you're a dickhead...it really is as simple as that. There is a line and conor didn't get close to it.

If I disagree with you, I'm a dickhead? Okey dokey.

Listen, I don't give a shit what he says to the other fighters and I laugh at the faux outrage of some of the folk here. Like I said, he didn't say anything derogatory about them, but I think family should be off limits. He was baiting dos Anjos and trying to make that patriotic Brazilian gene go haywire by implying he was a traitor, but there was no need to mention his kids.

What do you consider crossing the line?

One fights the best in the world and became UFC champ.

The other is Fedor.

Fedor is ten times the man Conor will ever know how to be.

Real men speak very little and don't show any emotions. Fedor is like the ultimate example of manliness.
Fedor > Ali

Am I right?

Fedor character is simple,best that sport has,and after all defeats he isn't arrogant.If he comes in Ufc,Fedor will remain the same.Org may have problem,how they'll sell that?On the other side,Conor...Nothing!

Conor is an asshole but Fedor is an asshole who is friends with one of the most evil people in the world. Best buddies with a psychopath KGB officer with a Napoleon complex bent on world domination. I'd go drinking with Conor and laugh at him but I would spit on Fedor with his false humbleness. Did Conor fix a fight result recently?

I am Croatian too....please dont go into Cro Cop and PEDs story.....It really isnt fair to say "he was caught on PEDs" in his case, he made a little mistake, told a whole story and i believe him 110%....btw, Conor and CC are my 2 favourite fighters right now....with Mirko being number 1 on all time list for an eternity, ofcourse....

I wasn't trying to bad mouth Cro Cop, but I find it peculiar that people will hate on someone because of what they say, but when someone is caught taking a PED, there isn't as much outrage. I was just curious to see what he had to say on that issue.

I enjoyed watching Cro Cop, but I did lose a bit of respect for him after what happened. The last I read of it was he took something to help with his shoulder - which I could probably understand if the fighter is older and it takes longer to recover, they'd take something to help heal the injury quicker.

It's more the fighters like Silva, Jones and Belfort who blabber on about 'God' 'being a good person' etc, and they're allegedly taking stuff that enhances their performance.

No, I think the Danes look up to the Swedes like their big brother. They both seem to hate the Finns, though, for some reason.
No way. Danes don't look up to Sweden at all, we don't really care too much about our neighboring countries. It's pretty much the same with all Scandinavian countries, we are a pretty recluse folk. There is a healthy rivalry between the countries too and we give each other a little shit from time to time.

Finland is not Scandinavia though. Never been, but it looks like a beautiful place and I would love to go. Iceland too. Definitely no one here hates Finns. I've never met a Finnish person.

Last edited:
Fedor > Ali

Am I right?

The dude who you replied to was beat by his father for talking.

The men who history remembers actually spoke and wrote a shit load.

Churchill. Virgil. Homer. Alexander the Great. Ceaser. Augustus. Hitler. Shakespeare. Stalin. Pulitzer. Disreali. Cicero. Dickens.

The quiet dudes are forgotten. Beaten by their dads into silence.

Conor is an asshole but Fedor is an asshole who is friends with one of the most evil people in the world. Best buddies with a psychopath KGB officer with a Napoleon complex bent on world domination. I'd go drinking with Conor and laugh at him but I would spit on Fedor with his false humbleness. Did Conor fix a fight result recently?
Good luck surviving spitting on Fedor.

I am Croatian too....please dont go into Cro Cop and PEDs story.....It really isnt fair to say "he was caught on PEDs" in his case, he made a little mistake, told a whole story and i believe him 110%....btw, Conor and CC are my 2 favourite fighters right now....with Mirko being number 1 on all time list for an eternity, ofcourse....

The fuck. So it's okay to take roids if you admit it after you get tested. That's the sort of double think that allows fascism and genocide to exist.

I like a lot of finnish metal, in general. Colosseum is probably my favorite funeral doom band, alongside with Skepticism.

Btw, Ruins of Beverast is fucking great!

Sadly, I'm not much into danish metal - besides Saturnus I can't think of a danish metal band that I really like. Well, if you're not counting the likes of old school Merciful Fate. I do like Black Wreath though, yet another band Kim Larsen (Saturnus) is part of.
oj...Skepticism! Jodå, håller med dej på riktigt - skipped my mind completely. Their new one Ordeal is powerful stuff; you check it out? More of a journey than a music album.

Danish metal scene has indeed deflated over the years. Black Wreath is OK but they remind me of Nortt and I think Nortt takes it to a darker place than Wreath does, so I pay less attention to them. You into N. at all?

No way. Danes don't look up to Sweden at all, we don't really care to much about our neighboring countries. It's pretty much the same with all Scandinavian countries, we are a pretty recluse folk. There is a healthy rivalry between the countries too and we give each other a little shit from time to time.

Finland is not Scandinavia though. Never been, but it looks like a beautiful place and I would love to go. Iceland too. Definitely no one here hates Finns. I've never met a Finnish person.

Yeah, I was probably making a lazy generalization there - it's the Norwegians the Danes look up to, yeah? ;)

The links I posted the videos of are comedy centric, but there seems to be an odd dislike for the Finns by the Swedes in the video. I know it doesn't represent the general populace and with some editing it can be made to look like something it's not. I'm sure all the countries in that area fought one another at some point in their history and that was originally where I thought there may be some beef.

Speaking of visiting places, I read that Copenhagen is more expensive than here (Dublin) for a night out, which is saying something. :eek:

If I disagree with you, I'm a dickhead? Okey dokey.

Listen, I don't give a shit what he says to the other fighters and I laugh at the faux outrage of some of the folk here. Like I said, he didn't say anything derogatory about them, but I think family should be off limits. He was baiting dos Anjos and trying to make that patriotic Brazilian gene go haywire by implying he was a traitor, but there was no need to mention his kids.

What do you consider crossing the line?
No. I meant if you are triggered by someone saying that about your children you are. But if you're that upset you probably are too.

It was perfectly harmless. I agree family is no go, but that reference is perfectly fine. If he said something more he would have crossed the line, but he didn't. Up tight people are the reason why violence is so prevalent. People need to get a sense of humour

Just when I thought Sherdog had run out of enough ideas for Conor threads we get this one.

Got no problem with showman if they are ACTUALLY FUNNY. Conor aint funny nor entertaining unless your entertained easily by hearing grown men call each other "little bitch" in County Cork accents. Hell he doesnt even look like he's enjoying the ride, why else the need to show us all those cars and tell us how he could outbuy people 100x over like a 2bit rapper -who gives a shit? Thats not a good natured entertainer coming up with great zingers and fighting with emotion, thats called a sellout who looks like he self loathes himself for doing it half the time.

On the plus side the entertainment value of his Ido Portal videos are limitless and ill always thank him for those laughs.

Yeah, I was probably making a lazy generalization there - it's the Norwegians the Danes look up to, yeah? ;)

The links I posted the videos of are comedy centric, but there seems to be an odd dislike for the Finns by the Swedes in the video. I know it doesn't represent the general populace and with some editing it can be made to look like something it's not. I'm sure all the countries in that area fought one another at some point in their history and that was originally where I thought there may be some beef.

Speaking of visiting places, I read that Copenhagen is more expensive than here (Dublin) for a night out, which is saying something. :eek:
Yeah we have fought many, many wars between us. But, we have also fought together a few times to fight off the Germans, Austrians, Eastern euros (Russian, Estonians, Ukranians so forth), Brits and others. Actually the north has a very bloody history. We've settled down since then, luckely.

I don't know how Swedes feels about Finns actually. There might be something there. I would say, that from the Danish point of view, we probably like the Swedes the least. I think it had something to do with the fact that Sweden and Denmark fought 8 wars against each other in like 200 years.

Anyway nowadays the beef is minor. Mostly just a joke here and there, sometimes a little harsh name calling. The last 10-20 years it's definitely become less as well.

Oh - and yeah, Copenhagen is expensive. We are paid pretty well, and our standard of living is high, but shit is expensive so it adds up. But, if we are talking about alcohol, Denmark is the best place in Scandinavia. Booze is crazy expensive in Sweden. Malmø is alright, Stockholm is overpriced (both Swedish cities). Stockholm is more "pure" Sweden I would say though, it's further up north. I know a lot of folks in the northern parts of Sweden and Norway make homebrew :D You have to go to special shops in Norway to buy anything over 4,6% alchohol.

Bottom line, if you want to drink, go to Copenhagen. That's why so many Swedes and Norwegians get drunk here. Maybe Malmø is a good choice too.

No. I meant if you are triggered by someone saying that about your children you are. But if you're that upset you probably are too.

It was perfectly harmless. I agree family is no go, but that reference is perfectly fine. If he said something more he would have crossed the line, but he didn't. Up tight people are the reason why violence is so prevalent. People need to get a sense of humour

Right.

Well my take on the whole thing is this; I remember what he said and the context he said it in - like I said it's not like he called them 'two little shits' or said anything mean spirited about them. He was referencing dos Anjos as being a traitor to Brazil and called his kids by two generic American names. It didn't offend me in the slightest. But like I said, I think mentioning family in any way shape or form is a no go.

And again, the faux outrage people on here whine about with regards to Conor is laughable, or how they twist his words. There's a chap with a signature of Conor's list of "excuses" after the Diaz fight which is hilarious. I asked him to name a fighter and I bet I could find a list of 'excuses' they made, which he didn't bother to reply back to.

I know people who grew up where Conor is from and grew up in an area similar to his, so I sometimes get a kick at listening to fighters lambasting him for being 'disrespectful' but at least he says what he says in public, while the others will say something similar, but only when they're in the company of their team-mates and behind closed doors. Slagging is just part of the culture here. When I listen to the Americans brand it 'trash talking' again it amuses me. This whole thing with the Wrestlers getting all uppity is bizarre.

And even when Sonnen - the original master of trash talking or whatever they called him - was trying to get in a verbal sparring match with Conor over t-shirts with 'Red Panty Night' on them and couldn't get in contact with Conor to bizarrely ask if it was okay to use, shows him to be the cabbage he is, and I'm sure he got annoyed by Conor slagging the Wrestling crowd. Sonnen used catch phrases from old Wrestling promos and admitted one of his friends who judges fights (Doug Crosby) often sends him 'material' which the Sonnen fans who wet themselves when he was put on the USADA list seem to over look and accuse Conor of having scripted catch phrases of his own.

Nah, it's called being quick witted and having a sense of humour. If people didn't realise Conor didn't take himself as serious when he turned up for the press conference with dos Anjos wearing that shirt and doing the El Chapo handshake, they'll either never get it or just over look it.

Fedor was really poor in a communist country and really it was hard to survive. Conor is a spoiled child raised in a European country. Sure Conor didn't have millions when he was a kid but he had food(meat veggies etc) , roof and almost everything he wanted as a kid. Fedor and his brothers for many years survived on potatoes and bad water.

People are stupid....you still dont realise how Conor functions!? He has two personalities...one is turned on when the other is turned off and vice versa....one is on when the cameras are on and the other one is on when the cameras are off......he is a true showman that knows how to entertain, and gather all the attention and the money and thats why he is so successful....i really dont understand people that hate Conor..........He is actually a good person and you can see it.........unlike for example Ronda, whos a sick bitch either way....Conor is actually a decent, honest person...........WAR THE NOTORIOUS!!!
Everyone does this, it's just that not everyone has their life filmed. You don't talk to your friends the same way you would your teacher... Is normal.

Yeah we have fought many, many wars between us. But, we have also fought together a few times to fight off the Germans, Austrians, Eastern euros (Russian, Estonians, Ukranians so forth), Brits and others. Actually the north has a very bloody history. We've settled down since then, luckely.

I don't know how Swedes feels about Finns actually. There might be something there. I would say, that from the Danish point of view, we probably like the Swedes the least. I think it had something to do with the fact that Sweden and Denmark fought 8 wars against each other in like 200 years.

Anyway nowadays the beef is minor. Mostly just a joke here and there, sometimes a little harsh name calling. The last 10-20 years it's definitely become less as well.

Oh - and yeah, Copenhagen is expensive. We are paid pretty well, and our standard of living is high, but shit is expensive so it adds up. But, if we are talking about alcohol, Denmark is the best place in Scandinavia. Booze is crazy expensive in Sweden. Malmø is alright, Stockholm is overpriced (both Swedish cities). Stockholm is more "pure" Sweden I would say though, it's further up north. I know a lot of folks in the northern parts of Sweden and Norway make homebrew :D You have to go to special shops in Norway to buy anything over 4,6% alchohol.

Bottom line, if you want to drink, go to Copenhagen. That's why so many Swedes and Norwegians get drunk here. Maybe Malmø is a good choice too.

Yeah, there's some programme on over here about the Danes or maybe the Swedes fighting the Austrians, can't remember the name of the show, but I think it was 2 wars in the space of 8 years in the mid 1800s which people were raving about. I only watched one episode and thought it was okay

Maybe if one country had taken some of the others territory, there could be a similar situation like there was/is in the North of Ireland. Actually, the Vikings did split the country until we sent them packing back to their longboats, and some of them stuck around. :) There's actually a fair few street names named after Vikings here and we have a Viking historical centre which was actually quite interesting.

Yeah, I watched a video of a Swedish MMA guy from MMANYTT, who said that the UFC have to go to Malmo at some stage when they go back to Sweden and he was saying something about the links the city has with Danes. I think he said Latifi is from Malmo and him alone on the card would be a guaranteed sell out.

Fedor was really poor in a communist country and really it was hard to survive. Conor is a spoiled child raised in a European country. Sure Conor didn't have millions when he was a kid but he had food(meat veggies etc) , roof and almost everything he wanted as a kid. Fedor and his brothers for many years survived on potatoes and bad water.

Go on, keep telling us more about each of their childhoods. You're doing so well so far.

Back