Difference between Usman and Izzy, and who is the GOAT candidate

fullspar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lets compare Usman and Izzy, and see who is on more GOAT status, as they are both in similar positions yet seem to be fighting for very different reasons.

Both are probably the second best title holders in their divisions, after GSP and SIlva.

Both are on a similar number of title defences, and are in a position to defend a lot more, possibly reaching GSP and Silva numbers, or very near.

But so far one has fought all of the top contenders in his division, whilst the other seems to be avoiding them.

One is currently building a padded title defence, whilst the other is fighting all the top worthy contenders and building and unpadded one.

If Izzy fights Rob next and defends, he will be on a 4 title defence, the same as Usman.
Both of them will 2 defences against the same fighter. The only issue being, one of them is ranked number 1 in their division and the other 7.
That already sets who is the candidate for being the GOAT of this generation, out of those 2.

Usman is on a 14 fight winning streak, the second longest in the ufc history.

Izzy is great but he's not on khabib or usman level in terms of greatness and dominance.

Oh lawd, they're both great. They fight frequently and they sometimes get the knockout. Thats all you can ask of your champions. No champion fights recklessly. You'll even see Francis chill out on chin up blitzing.

Lets compare Usman and Izzy, and see who is on more GOAT status, as they are both in similar positions yet seem to be fighting for very different reasons.

Both are probably the second best title holders in their divisions, after GSP and SIlva.

Both are on a similar number of title defences, and are in a position to defend a lot more, possibly reaching GSP and Silva numbers, or very near.

But so far one has fought all of the top contenders in his division, whilst the other seems to be avoiding them.

One is currently building a padded title defence, whilst the other is fighting all the top worthy contenders and building and unpadded one.

If Izzy fights Rob next and defends, he will be on a 4 title defence, the same as Usman.
Both of them will 2 defences against the same fighter. The only issue being, one of them is ranked number 1 in their division and the other 7.
That already sets who is the candidate for being the GOAT of this generation, out of those 2.

What matters is the rankings when they fought, not months afterwards.

Usman by a MILE. I’ve been waiting for Izzy to turn a corner but it just isn’t happening.
Adesanya is a poor man’s Anderson Silva, and I don’t want to downplay his status as king of that division but many times when he fights there are legitimate discussions about how his opponent can beat him.
On the other hand, Usman is a monster and I don’t think anyone, at this point, thinks he has any serious competition outside of MAYBE Covington. Izzy looks the same every single time and it has been sufficient to win, which is great. Usman looks more elite each time he enters the cage and it’s absolutely scary.

I don't like the guy but Izzy is very VERY open to fighting anybody, whether they are deserving or undeserving. Heck he fought Romero when he didn't need to, even now with the Whittaker rematch Izzy was very open to the idea from a while ago, usually it's the contender that's vocal to chase the rematch with the champ needing convincing.

Usman on the other hand is cherry picking for easy fights, not always for the money too, because he wanted to fight Chiesa which would be a ridiculously easy fight for him but definitely no extra $$$ there.

Last edited:
Can’t we all agree that both Izzy and usman is great and leave it at that and on a side note khabib didn’t have enough title defenses to be considered the goat he’s all time great fighter but not the goat

It's a bit premature, but even though Izzy is an amazingly skilled striker, Usman dominated 99% of his fights...

Usman is definitely better p4p at the moment, as he's more well-rounded, and has had a far superior 2021. With that being said, the Diaz callout is a really bad look, and yes, I think simply making it is a blemish on Usman's current stock. If a boxing champion made a similar callout, they'd be laughed out of the building.

You’re an awful poster and you’ve displayed you have shit for brains on multiple occasions.

The next time you have an urge to post a thread, do us all a favor and just close the tab.

Usman is definitely better p4p at the moment, as he's more well-rounded, and has had a far superior 2021. With that being said, the Diaz callout is a really bad look, and yes, I think simply making it is a blemish on Usman's current stock. If a boxing champion made a similar callout, they'd be laughed out of the building.

Money makes the world go round playa. I'm sure 99% of us shertards would go for the money fight... Not unless your first name starts with Jiri...

Neither are close to GOAT candidates. I'd argue Usman has been better than Izzy though.

No I did like him, just recently with the Masvidal rematch, and now this talk of Diaz, and him ducking the real WW top contenders, I no longer want to support a fighter who doesn't want to fight at the highest, especially when he is meant to be the champ. Give the belt to someone else who will defend it properly, and go do your Mickey Mouse fights for money elsewhere.

Usman could be a future G.O.A.T in a few fights
I agree, but not if he fights the likes of Diaz. If he beat Leon, CC again with no early stoppage, WB and a couple others who emerge, hats off to him.

At the moment he is looking far from GOAT if he is serious about Nate

I agree, but not if he fights the likes of Diaz. If he beat Leon, CC again with no early stoppage, WB and a couple others who emerge, hats off to him.

At the moment he is looking far from GOAT if he is serious about Nate
even DC admited when you're the champ you can make money fights and nate is a big money fight

Back