DIet Soda

Well if you'd like some bro science...

After one Christmas I had a few pounds to lose so I went back to eating quite clean, using an eating plan that has often worked for me before. A few weeks later and I hadn't lost a single pound.

Looked at my intake and the only thing that had changed from when I had success was now I drank diet sodas every day. Went online and read about artificial sweeteners evoking some of the same hormonal responses as real sweeteners, signaling the body to keep/store fat.

I stopped with the diet soda and immediately lost weight.

i'd believe you but i lost over 100 lbs while drinking diet soda. so...........

there has never been one study that proves aspartame is bad for you. not one.

the only theory I can recall for artificial sweeteners and insulin response was something about some sort of anticipatory secretion of insulin by the body when you tasted something sufficiently sweet.

Argument was that it upped the body's response to to otherwise less reactive foods because of it (due to the extra insulin secreted in anticipation in excess of what the food/drink you had with the sweetener would of normally elicited).

No idea if there was any actual research/facts found though.

Uh, according to numbers, A LOT of people drink that crap. And what's worse, even more drink full sugar sodas and juices.

the only theory I can recall for artificial sweeteners and insulin response was something about some sort of anticipatory secretion of insulin by the body when you tasted something sufficiently sweet.

Argument was that it upped the body's response to to otherwise less reactive foods because of it (due to the extra insulin secreted in anticipation in excess of what the food/drink you had with the sweetener would of normally elicited).

No idea if there was any actual research/facts found though.

actual research has been done, but I think just on rats.

The only negative to diet soda is there is a theory that the fake sugar tricks your brain into wanting more sugar, thus you are more susceptible to sugar cravings and then perhaps start gorging on cake and candy.

That's a will power issue, nothing more.

Water will always be the drink of choice but diet soda is not going to hurt. I always have one with lunch as a treat and it gets me going for the rest of the day.

Diet Dr. Pepper is a beast!

thumbnail.aspx

Well i didn't want to be "that guy" who starts a new thread and people go ape shit on why i don't use the search function. dick

:icon_lol:

I've been swinging in and out of bad moods as if I'm having my period this week. Yes, my balce are still there. I swear it.

yeah, the aftertaste is amazing(for a diet soda).

it was great, i was just walking through wal-mart when i saw it. i was like "ooohh, look at you..", lol. i think it has over taken coke zero's place in my heart.

diet cherry chocolate dp is also damn good. you remember diet berries and cream? good shit!

The only negative to diet soda is there is a theory that the fake sugar tricks your brain into wanting more sugar, thus you are more susceptible to sugar cravings and then perhaps start gorging on cake and candy.

That's a will power issue, nothing more.

Water will always be the drink of choice but diet soda is not going to hurt. I always have one with lunch as a treat and it gets me going for the rest of the day.

Phosphoric acid does bad things.

Back