Diet question...

The industrializing of farm animals, cruel and as unhealthy as it is, still provides decent meat for a cheap price. And milk too. Is there a better bang for your buck than milk? Hail capitalism!...social liberal of course.

I think you might be onto something there... In fact, I think that is the best post in this whole thread.

I can't tell if you are serious or not .

Origins,wow I don't understand how someone can not like vegetables. If done with the right food, the right way, I'd be sad if I didn't have any. I mean imagine eating steaks with bread all the time or something, I'd much rather have potatoes. Or I mean when you have so pasta with good pesto, I really like to have some broccoli with it.

I just don't think that unhealthy fastfood stuff that many eat is something that they really like, if they had the time, or weren't lazy, they would prefer something else, which would probably be something healthy.
I can understand it, because if I didn't eat for 8 hours straight for some reason (being lazy, too much work, etc..), and didn't want to spend another 1.5 hours making food for myself, I would just eat some chocolate bars or go get myself some kfc. If you actually spend time to make yourself food that you want, when feel like it, you'll only get fat or unhealthy if you just eat too much of it.

Last edited:
Ermmm... so then whats your point?

What I said was that animals that had led healthy, natural lives were going to provide a better a source of nutrition than those that had been locked in cages, pumped full of chemicals to make them grow at an unatural rate and fed food that they are not designed to eat. This is indisputable.

Whats your point?

And Ill think youll find the majority of lifters and people into fitness in general pay close attention to what it is that they are eating and drinking because they damn well know it makes all the difference. My arguement wasnt just centred around grass fed animals but modern food in general. But I stand by what I said..... the modern cow leads an unhealthy life and hence the quality of red meat has suffered, hence why I talked about the benefits of eating game meat.

But hey..... if you believe eating economy cheese, crap bread, 3 month old veg and shite cuts of meat is the way forward then all power (and early death) to you!!

I dont disagree, but it is disputable since thinking otherwise would be the start of ignorance.

Seriously youre really over exaggerating the importance of grass fed animals and organic foods.

Origins,wow I don't understand how someone can not like vegetables. If done with the right food, the right way, I'd be sad if I didn't have any. I mean imagine eating steaks with bread all the time or something, I'd much rather have potatoes. Or I mean when you have so pasta with good pesto, I really like to have some broccoli with it.

I just don't think that unhealthy fastfood stuff that many eat is something that they really like, if they had the time, or weren't lazy, they would prefer something else, which would probably be something healthy.
I can understand it, because if I didn't eat for 8 hours straight for some reason (being lazy, too much work, etc..), and didn't want to spend another 1.5 hours making food for myself, I would just eat some chocolate bars or go get myself some kfc. If you actually spend time to make yourself food that you want, when feel like it, you'll only get fat or unhealthy if you just eat too much of it.

It's not that I particularly dislike most of them, I just don't enjoy them all that much. I can eat them and sometimes I actually quite enjoy a nice fresh salad. Most of the time though, I would rather be eating meat or something. I still try to include them in my diet as much as I can, but they are just not something I particularly look forward to.

By the by I rarely eat fast food and almost never eat chocolate or cake or other sweets like that. I am pretty consistent about my diet right now, I just don't get giddy with excitement over a plate of broccoli, you know what I'm saying?

Neither am I, thus I think I should eat less brocolli and more meat ! :D

I was being serious, in response to your comments about most people knowing whats healthy and not, and to eat less if you want to lose weight, etc.

I agree, its mostly common sense. Everyone knows that on average we should all eat more vegetables. Everyone knows that a homecooked meal of good quality meat, vegetables, etc, is better than a double cheese from mcdonalds and fries, or a hot dog and bag of chips from the 7-11.

Everyone knows that if your too fat you need to eat less and move more.

Past these basic facts, arguments about diet are largely mental masterbation.

Back