diet plan critique.

IrishBeatDown****

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
the following is a diet i am starting tomorrow morning. let me know what suggestions you have an where i can improve or what i should do differently. the goal of this diet/ excercise regime is to drop from 164 lbs(12% body fat) to 155 lbs and basically just improve general health (which is pretty good in the first place)

7 day a week diet:

0530: breakfast
1 multi vitamin
2 fish oil pills
1 calcium, zinc, iron pill
1 vitamin E pill

1 bowl grape nuts w/ milk
1 glass cranberry juice

0730:
1 banana, 1 can tuna or chicken breast

1030: apple

1230: turkey and cheese sandwich on 12 grain bread

1430: 1 cup non fat yogurt and a handful of almonds.

1800: hamburger with monterey jack cheese

totals look like this:

calories: 1475
fat: 58 grams
carbs: 160 grams
protein: 97 grams

now my current work out regimen:

monday/wednesday/friday
0630: half hour of cardio training
0700: half hour full body muscular endurance training
0800: half hour muscle group strength training (mon: back wed: chest fri: legs

2000: 45 min grappling training
2045: 45 min muai thai training

tuesday/ thursday:

1700 half hour swim
1730 half hour abdominal training

saturday: 45 minute grappling/ muai thai training

sunday: rest

well... what do you think? all comments/ suggestions appreciated. will update as i progress.

I'm no expert bro, but you definitely need to add more veggies.

I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable people on here will be able to add more.

You eat less than my 110 lbs ex girlfriend

Working out that much and eating that little; you're going to get injured IMO.

the following is a diet i am starting tomorrow morning. let me know what suggestions you have an where i can improve or what i should do differently. the goal of this diet/ excercise regime is to drop from 164 lbs(12% body fat) to 155 lbs and basically just improve general health (which is pretty good in the first place)

7 day a week diet:

0530: breakfast
1 multi vitamin
2 fish oil pills
1 calcium, zinc, iron pill
1 vitamin E pill

1 bowl grape nuts w/ milk
1 glass cranberry juice

0730:
1 banana, 1 can tuna or chicken breast

1030: apple

1230: turkey and cheese sandwich on 12 grain bread

1430: 1 cup non fat yogurt and a handful of almonds.

1800: hamburger with monterey jack cheese

totals look like this:

calories: 1475
fat: 58 grams
carbs: 160 grams
protein: 97 grams

now my current work out regimen:

monday/wednesday/friday
0630: half hour of cardio training
0700: half hour full body muscular endurance training
0800: half hour muscle group strength training (mon: back wed: chest fri: legs

2000: 45 min grappling training
2045: 45 min muai thai training

tuesday/ thursday:

1700 half hour swim
1730 half hour abdominal training

saturday: 45 minute grappling/ muai thai training

sunday: rest

well... what do you think? all comments/ suggestions appreciated. will update as i progress.

Not to be a dick, but have you read the FAQ? Especially The Seven Habits?

Here, let me point out a couple points:
Originally Posted by John Berardi
Habit 1: Eat every 2-3 hours.

Habit 2: Eat complete, lean protein with each feeding opportunity.

Habit 3: Eat vegetables with each feeding opportunity.

Habit 4: Eat veggies/fruits with any meal. Eat "other carbs" only after exercise.

Habit 5: Eat healthy fats daily.

Habit 6: Don't drink beverages (soda, beer, etc.) with more than 0 calories.

Habit 7: Eat whole foods whenever possible.

Protein is way too low, and your carbs seem high.

How tall are you? If you're tallked than a slender 5'9" (max) I can't really see weighing 155...

How tall are you? If you're tallked than a slender 5'9" (max) I can't really see weighing 155...

i am an ex competitive power lifter, i am 5'9 trying to get to 155 for a fight, this is not my standard diet, i would be eating more like 2400 calories a day to maintain. i am very familiar with weight gain and muscle building diets. i have read the FAQ's but this is a diet i designed for myself to try to cut the weight and quickly without dehydrating myself and at the same time try to maintain as much of my strength and cardio as i can...

partially through day 1 i feel great getting ready to go to CSW/Muai Thai class but i felt i should add a protein shake after my morning work out so i am about 200 calories over my diet plan but i think i might just plan on adding those 200 calories.

i am an ex competitive power lifter, i am 5'9 trying to get to 155 for a fight, this is not my standard diet, i would be eating more like 2400 calories a day to maintain. i am very familiar with weight gain and muscle building diets. i have read the FAQ's but this is a diet i designed for myself to try to cut the weight and quickly without dehydrating myself and at the same time try to maintain as much of my strength and cardio as i can...

partially through day 1 i feel great getting ready to go to CSW/Muai Thai class but i felt i should add a protein shake after my morning work out so i am about 200 calories over my diet plan but i think i might just plan on adding those 200 calories.

I still think you're a little low on those calories, but that's JMO. I know you do need more veggies & lean protein though, cutting or not.

I still think you're a little low on those calories, but that's JMO. I know you do need more veggies & lean protein though, cutting or not.

you may be right. this is not set in stone i plan on playing it by ear... i was thinking about a salad with some chicken breast or tuna mixed in tonight after training... sounds yummy

Go with a spinach salad, iceberg lettuce is a nutritional vacuum.

Depending on the time scale, you can also try out the Get Shredded Diet:

TESTOSTERONE NATION

7 Habits and a low-cal cut wrapped up into one program.

i feel pretty damn good on this diet so far! 3 days in i am burning about 450 calories a day durring my cardio workouts, i guess i can't factor in how many caloreis i burn exactly lifting weights or training CSW and MT but i feel good and can already see a difference after only 3 days.

i have added 2 salads to my diet, 1 at noon and one at night about an hour after my final meal. salads ar emixed greens with cucumber, tomato, egg carrots and green pepper with a splash of italian dressing.

oh i also added a second dosage of fish oil with my lunch salad

IBD is there any particular reason you have meal with no protein in them?

I ask because you want to maintain strength, but don't want to maintain muscle?

You're a former power lifter so I imagine you are well versed in why to have protein so I'm asking for an educational purpose.

IBD is there any particular reason you have meal with no protein in them?

I ask because you want to maintain strength, but don't want to maintain muscle?

You're a former power lifter so I imagine you are well versed in why to have protein so I'm asking for an educational purpose.

there is no GOOD reason for this, but there are a few reasons,

i am in the military and work in a warehouse environment and i don't have a whole lot of time to prepare my food and don't get much of an opportunity to sit down with a meal... so i am forced to take most of my protein at lunch and dinner... i try to have a can of chicken or tuna durring the day to supplement this.

in addition i think it would be to my advantage to lose some muscle for flexibility purposes(chest measures 37"... and it would be helpful in cutting the weight...

basically i thought long and hard about what my goal was and what my body would need... i knew i needed to cut a lot of calories but i couldn't let my work performance suffer due to fatigue... so i opted to keep a high level of carbs to help keep me energized through my work day at the sacrifice of proteins and fats ordinarily essential in a diet...

i realize this isn't the optimal diet plan, nor is it set in stone, i have heeded the advice and added some veggies into my original diet, as well as an additional protein shake pre morning routine.

I see what you mean now.

Just a heads up for people in your situation that work a lot. Adding beef jerky as something that's high in protein, doesn't need refrigeration, and is very convenient is another way to add in a little more protein to your daily amounts.

IBD, good luck in your up coming fight

I see what you mean now.

Just a heads up for people in your situation that work a lot. Adding beef jerky as something that's high in protein, doesn't need refrigeration, and is very convenient is another way to add in a little more protein to your daily amounts.

IBD, good luck in your up coming fight

thanks for the tip. as for the fight i still have no opponent... sigh...

Back