Diet for someone who needs to drop some major fat.

Titan416

Wise old man...
@Black
Reaction score
Basically, I need to drop some fat.

I used to be in good shape, playing basketball, football and being outdoors every moment I wasn't working or in-school.

Since school has finished, I put on some extra fat. Just pure, ugly, fat. I need to drop about 100 pounds, and get back down to a normal weight. I used to be an active person and want that life back.

I have a strong will power, and most of the fat I put on came from starving myself all day, then eating a ton right before I went to sleep at night, as that is generally when I finally had time for a meal.

I really am not one of these people who needs food, and I dislike sugary foods such as cookies, cakes and stuff. So that's not really a problem.

I need to figure out a diet, and a multi-vitamin to take. Here is what I am thinking, and feel free to change any of this.

Three meals a day. consisting of A) skinless chicken, B) lean baked fish or C) turkey breast. Each meal I will eat a salad or vegetables with. I will also drink tons of water, and nothing but water. If I am get hungry in between meals, I will have some cut up carats to grab.

I don't care about dressing for my salads, and don't really care about variety either. I have no problems eating a plain salad and chicken three times a day while drinking a ton of water if need be.

I will also walk a couple miles with my dog each night, and increase the distance I walk every two months as I lose more weight.

I still don't really know what multi-vitamin to take while I am doing this.

Feel free to drop any suggestions, or call me a fool and tell me the proper way to do things.

eat every 3 hours. unless you are only awake for 9 hours, in which case. feel free to only eat 3 meals a day. though there are arguments for and against 6 smaller meals a day and the 3 big meals a day plans.

You probably need to start running to see any big improvements unless your diet was really bad and you are going really clean all of a sudden.

start lifting. consult the FAQS in both S&P and D&S.

~Foz

Troponin Nutrition - Home

get ahold of a protege nutritionist i have used Nate Wolfe and Shelby Starnes
with Nate i did really good and with Shelby im doing alot better.Shelby is all over any question you have and good at explaining everything to you try a progressive plan it will help alot.If your not serious about changing i wouldnt use them they are and if you want tell them Jamie Point sent you it don't matter either way though good luck...

I would say sort out the diet and drop some weight and then start running. 100lbs over weight (or were you like anorexic before) can damage your knees if you start running without a decent build up.

I would suggest cycling, rowing and if you can swimming to burn some calories in the mean time.

Get to it

Foz, nice belt thing

I would say sort out the diet and drop some weight and then start running. 100lbs over weight (or were you like anorexic before) can damage your knees if you start running without a decent build up.

I would suggest cycling, rowing and if you can swimming to burn some calories in the mean time.

Get to it

Foz, nice belt thing

yeah true I am not accounting for that.... ummm start with swimming, and riding. good suggestions i forgot i did those too XD

~Foz

It seems like you're really busy, but if you can find time to do weight lifting it'll help you a ton in your quest.

I personally lost 70 pounds since april 5 08 i just ate at carls jr. and ordered there wrap but not the ones with ketchup or any extra sauce,drank a lot diet coke and coke zero it help me feel full.i also had a lot of salads woth only blue cheese. i was 290 i'm now 220 and i'm 6'4.
supplements i tooks greens + and fish oil and i was good to go.

Let me first say: Rome was not built in a day. It will take time!! So stick with it, you will hit peaks and plateaus.

Diet is most important, more than exercise I'd say. As Foz said, eat small meals often to keep up the ****bolism. That's not possible for me so I just eat with the traditional three meals. Count calories. Figure out your estimated caloric intake so you know what you need to be under to lose weight:

First, you need to calculate your basal ****bolic rate. Second, multiply your BMR with the appropriate activity modifier. The end result will yield an ESTIMATE of your daily caloric needs.

Second is exercise. If it's been a while since you've done it, it will take time to build your stamina. Walking, swimming, anything to keep moving. If you have the time and money I really recommend martial arts.

That's basically it from me, Get lots of rest each night, eat your veggies, and work hard but don't overdo it.
I took it off bodybuilding.com from boyscout's thread, great advice.

just keep at it and do as much cardio as you can especially in the morning to wake your body up. i would recommend doing as many pushups as you can and jogging. if you are capable of it start sprinting at your own pace you need to slowly build up your cardio the start of wieght loss is the easiest but as you go on you need to constantly increase the intensity of what you are doing to keep seeing results or you will get stuck. another thing you might wanna do which i like is buying a 12 pack or watever of eggs at a time and boiling the whole carton at once then i place them back in the box and have a convenient easy to go meal when im rushing. it is also much easier to eat only the egg whites and dispose the yolk. get a picture of yourself blown up from when you were in peak shape and put it on your wall for motivation

just keep at it and do as much cardio as you can especially in the morning to wake your body up. i would recommend doing as many pushups as you can and jogging. if you are capable of it start sprinting at your own pace you need to slowly build up your cardio the start of wieght loss is the easiest but as you go on you need to constantly increase the intensity of what you are doing to keep seeing results or you will get stuck. another thing you might wanna do which i like is buying a 12 pack or watever of eggs at a time and boiling the whole carton at once then i place them back in the box and have a convenient easy to go meal when im rushing. it is also much easier to eat only the egg whites and dispose the yolk. get a picture of yourself blown up from when you were in peak shape and put it on your wall for motivation

could there be so many more things wrong with this?

a) running in the morning prior to taking in protein/bcaa will result in muscle loss as well.

b) eat the f__king yolk. It's full of nutrients and a big chunk of protein too.

~Foz

Troponin Nutrition - Home

get ahold of a protege nutritionist i have used Nate Wolfe and Shelby Starnes
with Nate i did really good and with Shelby im doing alot better.Shelby is all over any question you have and good at explaining everything to you try a progressive plan it will help alot.If your not serious about changing i wouldnt use them they are and if you want tell them Jamie Point sent you it don't matter either way though good luck...

Thanks Jamie!

I'm always happy to help any fighters looking to maximize their performance with optimal nutrition strategies.

Troponin just recently had their MMA specific diet plans added to the EliteFTS - Powerlifting and Strength Training Products and Knowledge for Lifters, Athletes, Coaches, and Trainers website, if anyone here is interested in checking us out:

Elite Fitness Systems

If anyone has any questions, feel free to shoot me an email!
[email protected]

Cheers!
Shelby

If you are trying to drop 100lbs i would assume u went relatively "overweight". Just start eating smaller meals more often throughout the day to keep the ****bolism working..

Drink plenty of water, cut out the soda or other drinks that are useless calories. If you need flavored drinks, go buy packets of propel or green tea whatever there is all kinds of low-calories sugar-free things u can mix into water.

Start walking outside or at the gym and doing some weight lifting (if you want) but i would definitely start walking or riding a bike or something. walking 20 minutes a day would help a lot, and would surely fit into any schedule

Titan,

It sounds like you are eating well, but if you have 100lbs to loose...

Can you give us some kind of layout as to what your day would be like food, work, training/exercise, etc?

Something like
breakfast 8 egg whites 2 yolks with a bagel

work 8-5

Lunch around noon
Carls Jr Double Cheese Burger

Etc....

Titan,

It sounds like you are eating well, but if you have 100lbs to loose...

Can you give us some kind of layout as to what your day would be like food, work, training/exercise, etc?

Something like
breakfast 8 egg whites 2 yolks with a bagel

work 8-5

Lunch around noon
Carls Jr Double Cheese Burger

Etc....

My day used to look like. Breakfast = Diet coke, work 6-8, get home around 9, stuff my face full of fast food, watch some TV/do other things I need to do, sleep around 12.

Since I made this thread I have dropped 15 pounds. I basically eat a chicken wrap with no dressing or eggs and salad in the morning. Munch on Carat sticks until lunch. For lunch I have some skinless chick/turkey/fish with a big salad and fresh veggies. I am drinking water all day. When I get home I have Chicken/turkey/fish with a big salad more veggies and more water. Then I go jogging with my dog, come home, shower, relax, drink some more water then go to sleep.

I am 6 foot 10 so I can still run with a 100 extra on me, so I am lucky with that, but this seems to be working well. I am probably going to pick up a multi vitamin from GNC next week. I will probably get back into my old work out routine from a few years ago when I used to play basketball.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Basically, I need to drop some fat.

I used to be in good shape, playing basketball, football and being outdoors every moment I wasn't working or in-school.

Since school has finished, I put on some extra fat. Just pure, ugly, fat. I need to drop about 100 pounds, and get back down to a normal weight. I used to be an active person and want that life back.

I have a strong will power, and most of the fat I put on came from starving myself all day, then eating a ton right before I went to sleep at night, as that is generally when I finally had time for a meal.

I really am not one of these people who needs food, and I dislike sugary foods such as cookies, cakes and stuff. So that's not really a problem.

I need to figure out a diet, and a multi-vitamin to take. Here is what I am thinking, and feel free to change any of this.

Three meals a day. consisting of A) skinless chicken, B) lean baked fish or C) turkey breast. Each meal I will eat a salad or vegetables with. I will also drink tons of water, and nothing but water. If I am get hungry in between meals, I will have some cut up carats to grab.

I don't care about dressing for my salads, and don't really care about variety either. I have no problems eating a plain salad and chicken three times a day while drinking a ton of water if need be.

I will also walk a couple miles with my dog each night, and increase the distance I walk every two months as I lose more weight.

I still don't really know what multi-vitamin to take while I am doing this.

Feel free to drop any suggestions, or call me a fool and tell me the proper way to do things.

eat lots of fruits.

Back