Diego, you lost!

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by VALETUDO!, Jun 8, 2014.

1. VALETUDO!

VALETUDO! Where it all started

I know...I am still not over it. How can I be?! As far as the worst call ever...not sure...but it's got to be in the top two.

So, what should be done about these judges? Maybe a way to contest and have a higher level committee review the results? There has to be something that can be done...

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  2. CTYankee

CTYankee Brown Belt

Never happen. A review committee would have to be approved by the individual commissions and they can't agree on anything.

3. jmd69

jmd69 Brown Belt

And they would not overthrow a decision and start down a slippery slope.

Judging can and does suck, no one has a viable solution, it will continue to suck on occasion (most occasions).

4. obroin

obroin Orange Belt

As much as I agree with you, the only peoples opinion who matter on who won the fight are the three ringside judges. No commission will set the precedent of overriding their judges, because then it opens up a can of worms that destroys the integrity of the judges and leads to the possibility of the reviewing committee overturning a decision and giving the win to the wrong guy as well. What the judges say is final.

5. Tntnicks

Tntnicks Blue Belt

Get a life and stop hatin on the dude. He just fought and dealt with the outcome. Blame the judging system. Wait for UFC 174 so you can cry and complain some more. Is youre life ruined now? Get over it baby...

6. Denum05

Denum05 White Belt

Just stop! Diego clearly won rounds 1 and 3. His precision striking was like watching a brain surgeon perform a craniotomy... Just beautiful. Round 2 could be given to Ross but the judges clearly weren't about to gift it to him with his sloppy striking and lack of aggression. That tattooed gremlin was extremely lucky to even lose a split decision as Diego could have finished him numerous times but because of his faith in God (IMO) he showed some serious mercy. After that performance Diego showed vastly improved striking, heart, and humility in letting Ross make it out of each round. After arguably fight of the night if not year Diego no doubt deserves a title shot, I'm sure him and Dana have already discussed this though.

7. H8red

H8red White Belt

Sorry, to hear that Diego won. He's a relic now, UFC1 BIG BANG and he's a Dinosaur now and never again will have a chance to get even a number 2,3,4 contender spot in the UFC.

8. Drac

Drac White Belt

went from an angry rant about this fight to laughing madly at this post thank you sir you're sarcasm is brilliant

9. pclanadmin2

pclanadmin2 SFA3 Belt

nothing can be done. the people who oversee these things are really old school. won't happen.

10. AznCezi187

AznCezi187 Brown Belt

I as soon as I read Diego with "precision striking" I knew this was a troll post.

11. chaoticmayhem

chaoticmayhem Brown Belt

One judge had it 30-27 Diego. Ridiculous. Diego got the gift of some home cooking.

12. syqnys

syqnys Purple Belt

Judging is HORRIBLE in mma! It's very frustrating that nothing is ever done about these completely inept judges. Also, there needs to be a glove change in the UFC. Too many eye pokes.

13. VALETUDO!

that was pretty good...

14. Jopo

Jopo Gold Belt

Hell yeah. Refs get a bad rep. Sheeple just don't know how to judge fights correctly.

Diego was Rembrant last night painting a masterpiece but MMA fans will complain about anything smh.

15. VALETUDO!

I am not sure how much work they do to look at the individual judge's performance. Maybe that is where the focus should be placed - put in some type of grading system so the judges that have "X" number of blemises are ousted.

16. Spindrift0036

Spindrift0036 Brown Belt

Your AV and your nickname , wtf man ?

That contradiction :p

17. VALETUDO!

Listen there titnick - I am a huge MMA fan and have been for probably longer than you've been able to spell "MMA". Yep, I cry and complain, and it takes a while to "get over it". I did blame the judging system - that is what my thread is about. Don't just focus on one thing...read the whole thread before you post - idiot.

18. VALETUDO!

Exactly

19. Edgar Allan Hoe

Edgar Allan Hoe Black Belt

Pearson will recover and Dana will let him know that it was a bullshit decision.

20. Spindrift0036

Spindrift0036 Brown Belt

Xairetismata stas eksoxas apo thn patrida ;)