Diego Taking the DQ Win?

Pereira shouldn’t have been an idiot and threw an illegal knee if he didn’t want to get disqualified.

I think he quit. He asked if he would win if he couldn't continue and then said I can't fight..he was cleared by the doctor to keep fighting

He is a legend but he was getting beaten In that fight. Getting his td stuffed.

Demolidor had it.

I'm more concerend Diego quit...that's not like him at all

Diego is a genius. He was getting dominated and had no way to win that fight, but he found one. Very very smart move.

At least he didn't Koscheck it and fake it due a split open head?

Dude had 42 fights now, never bitched out... Did he take the easy way out? Maybe... But anytime you want to sit in front of me and I get a free knee to your head, let me know ;)

Dude had 42 fights now, never bitched out... Did he take the easy way out? Maybe... But anytime you want to sit in front of me and I get a free knee to your head, let me know ;)

There's no maybe here, it's a clear yes. Simply he took the easy way out, good for his pay check but bad for his image. If it was the right move only he can answer that but since he took it I will imagine it was the right move on his part.

If it was someone at the start of their career it would have been a stupid move since they will kill any chance of getting favors from the org.

First you say look at all the dude's combat experience then equate it with you presumably an untrained guy kneeing someone. Odd af comparison mate.

Exactly, that was a *NC*. Had it been in the third round, they would have went to the score cards for a TD.

The only shocking thing here, is they decided to ignore their own rules, and not go to the TD, which only happens if it was a clear intentional knee, like the one earlier in the night. This was as Diego was going down, so it wasn't.

If you think that getting a "win" in a fight you were handily losing in the most cowardly way possible (i.e. overruling the doctor saying you can't continue, and asking if you are getting a DQ in the process) is in any way smart, it's really not.

He may get the "win" bonus tonight, but he pretty much tarnished his image forever, and I doubt he gets another fight should he lose his next. Not really doing himself any favors with the brass too, given it was all on tape how he asked for an out.
Yeah let’s just ignore the multiple absolute wars Diego has been through over the years, and assume he’s just a heartless coward.

I don't agree or disagree since I have 2 fights in my life, in which i strangled some dude out that was groping my bartender. (real life, not sparring) -- the second being someone else that didn't know what town they were in threatening people with a pool cue.

42 fights, he hasn't bitched out... and now people are calling him a bitch? Michel was clearly ahead, no one can argue any of this.

Diego took advantage, but a normal human wouldn't continue at all. He weighed his options and took the course he thought best, but after watching for 13 years and going WLWLWLWLWLWL in Sanchez's career, it was probably a good decision. I've seen worse off penalties, worse stoppages. That was the only point.

I say run it back, Diego gets destroyed or retire. He could have went on, but he knew he'd lose. Don't think he wanted any more of what was happening.

-Don't foul / break the rules and it was an easy win like I said. Dude with 35 fights should have known the rules and not thrown that shit on a downed opponent, even though I love knees to a down opponent as it is a real technique.

Outside of real, I have 10 years jits and 15 years karate, but I'm an old fuck now. So you are a lovely poster.

Pereira was being a douche with that looking down shit, so it was funny that Diego fucked him over.

I would also add, accidental headbutts suck, sometimes you don't know what is going on
Pereira was being a douche with that looking down shit, so it was funny that Diego fucked him over.
True. But I have to ask again, who would let me knee them in the head against the rules agreed to and still want to fight? That is one of the stronger fouls that hurt/caused a cut to a fighter that was clearly fouled. I'm not even a Diego fan, and he was losing that shit 100% -- but a near KO foul, plus a bad cut doesn't = fans calling this motherfucker a "bitch"

First of all Diego is an OG and that's a fact. Second, that strike was super mega blatantly illegal and intentioanal. Clear victory for Diego. They are prize fighters, at the end of the day it is all about the money. I am sure 95% of fighters will actually be on Diego side here.

as if you ever did lol
i pay a monthly value for it, thats how it works in my country. Cancelled already, as of March im out of this circus. February was already paid.

Why blame him?

Diego would have lost that fight. He was down on all 3 Rounds and if he chose to continue because "JUST BLEED" then *everyone* would be calling him stupid and having a big ego. So who can blame him for taking the win? It would have been such a bad decision if he decided to continue.

The real problem is Perreira throwing illegal kicks, not Diego taking the win. He deserves that win after the illegal shot especially after it cut him open.

You pay for this shit? LOL

meanwhile me and the homies are like:

giphy.gif
in my country we pay something like 25 USD a month and watch all events live. Thats the deal with the main TV group here. I find it cheap enough to just pay it instead of looking for streams and all.

the thing that bother me the most in all this, is that thanks to this, diego can keep being in complete denial over his fraud of a "coach"
the dude was telling him he won the first round ffs, at this point the dude is basically taking advantage of mentally chalenged diego sanchez

in my country we pay something like 25 USD a month and watch all events live. Thats the deal with the main TV group here. I find it cheap enough to just pay it instead of looking for streams and all.
3 min worth of effort gets you the world.

Back